Question for those still doing dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

Why?

Now that laurels are no longer tied to dailies it seems to me that there’s very little incentive to go out of your way to complete them.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Indeed. The rewards you get from dailies can be earned almost anywhere in the game. Doing dailies (in as little as 4 minutes) means getting AP a bit faster. The only real reasons to care about doing dailies (IMO):

1) a desire to get the checklist off of your screen.
2) a desire to pursue AP faster.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

AP and rewards.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

10 ap for five minutes of effort? Yes please!

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

I’ve done much stupider things for that last few ap before a chest.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

1) By coincidence.
I’ve done this a few times, like the gatherer ones, or viewing a vista. I imagine it will happen regularly when I’m WvWing again.

2) To get the reward.
I’ve actually started saving up essences of luck for daily exotic crafter, because it’s basically 3 free ectos (and I’m making a legendary so I need 250), and there’s been a few others where, for me, the effort is well worth it for the reward. Sure it’s nothing incredible or unique (which is good because it makes the dailies optional) but if it’s something you want it’s probably worth doing.

3) Because I’ve got 2/3 and nearly finished another.
This has only happened once so far, but I haven’t had much time to play since the new system came in. But there was one day I realised I’d done 2 achievements and was very close to getting something like Ascalonian miner or whatever it’s called, so I found a character in Ascalon and did the last bit for the AP. Considering the other 2 achievements were finished by coincidence it was about 2 minutes effort for 10AP.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

AP without a doubt and the chests aren’t bad either, I especially like the Fractal chests. I was so angry when Anet made it so that you had to do Fractals to finish the Mallory Backpiece, but in the end they were right, at least in my case, I’ve continued to try Fractals, I’m not good at them but I’m trying. Maybe just maybe Anet knows what they are doing even if the change annoys people at first.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

AP, Tomes of Knowledge, Pristine relics, Xp scrolls. There’s quite a lot of useful items for 10 minutes of work.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Takes me about 5 minutes to complete for 10 AP. Sometimes i get it done with one pvp match. Beats when i needed to do all ten achievements to receive my 10 daily AP.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

If you’re willing to play WvW and PvP in addition to PvE, the dailies are extra loot and 10 AP for practically zero effort. The anger over the new system is a pretty good sign that I should never read these forums again.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I basically do things i don’t mind doing anyway. Win some games in PvP as this or that? Don’t mind if i do. Extra rewards are nice. Etc. And whatever i’am not doing, i’am still not doing. Haven’t done a single WvW daily so far, not planning either. It’s a great system for me.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I like the new system because of the new rewards: I’ve never been a fan of dailies because the only rewards were too general and not enough (laurels and coins). With the new system I get PvP daily so I get a PvP reward. Same with WvW, and *eww" even PvE.

As far as getting the AP, I really don’t understand why people’s first reaction seems to be: “I won’t do wvw, so I refuse to go into wvw” Even though killing a sentry is very, very PvE.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I like them. Much more interesting than before, and pretty easy. I’m spending more time in WvW, and it’s usually fun. Still get stomped in most 1v1s, but…hey! Waypointing and repairs are free!

I certainly accrue APs much faster…zeroing in on that 15,000 point chest. Free 400 Gems and 30 Gold. Yay! =)

Danikat.8537

As far as getting the AP, I really don’t understand why people’s first reaction seems to be: “I won’t do wvw, so I refuse to go into wvw” Even though killing a sentry is very, very PvE.

If they’ve genuinely never done WvW they probably don’t realise this.

It took me a long time to get into WvW and when I first started all the symbols and colours on the map were totally incomprehensible to me, I was constantly on the look out for enemy players, expecting random groups around every corner, and it genuinely came as a surprise that there were any NPCs at all.

It was actually quite different to how I’d imagined it. If I’d known what it was like I’d probably have tried it much sooner.

Roundabout.1752

I like the new system because of the new rewards: I’ve never been a fan of dailies because the only rewards were too general and not enough (laurels and coins). With the new system I get PvP daily so I get a PvP reward. Same with WvW, and *eww" even PvE.

Speaking only for me but WvW is as much about some of the people who play there as it is about the game mode. I will sometimes play WvW but as soon as it starts getting ugly, and sometimes it starts that way, I’m gone and PvP is even worse IMO. I’m not trying to slam everyone who prefer those parts of the game just saying some people can get really ugly and that play style seems to bring out the worst in some.

Posted by: SFMonkey.4680

SFMonkey.4680

I like the structure that Dailies gives me when I log in with only a limited time to play. Those times when it’s mid-week and I only have maybe an hour to play.

Danikat.8537

I like the structure that Dailies gives me when I log in with only a limited time to play. Those times when it’s mid-week and I only have maybe an hour to play.

It’s funny, that’s when I’m most likely to ignore the dailies completely. If I only have a limited time I want to focus on my own goals, it’s when I’ve been playing for a while and don’t quite want to stop but don’t want to do anything time consuming that I start looking at dailies.

Not saying you’re wrong, it’s just different play styles. But I find it interesting that the same system can produce two totally opposite reactions.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m doing them for the XP that I can give to my alts instead of playing them. Granted it’s a very small amount, but a weeks worth is still about a level.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s fun and easy AP. And maybe a touch of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Structure might be the better word choice though.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Why i still do the dailies?

For the AP.
The rewards from the individual dailies didnt impress me.

I am getting close to getting 10k AP.
When i have that, i dont give a kitten any longer about the dailies.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I only do them if it’s convenient for me to do so, since the only reason I did them EVERY day before was for the laurels. Sure, the 5 AP’s (not an AP hunter so I didn’t bother getting all 12 – only the 5 which were doable easily just by playing) were nice. But I’m quite able to get AP on my own (sitting at almost 11K). Now I’ll look at the daily choices, decide if I want to bother. Today I won’t bother, with 2 PVE choices being Fractals (bleh), and I’m strictly a PVE player. Had enough WvW 2 years ago earning a Gift of Battle and I don’t enjoy PVP. My time is better spent doing world bosses and getting those 1,000 Giants knocked off for the Slayer title. I understand, I guess, why they changed it, but the daily choices are limited. Besides the original daily choices a couple of years ago, like Daily Dodger, helped me learn. Anet’s choices, their game…

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Question for those that insist on trying to shut up anyone who has a problem with the current dailies. . .

why?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

(edited by Muusic.2967)

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Old system = grind. New system = less grind. And people call this grind wars 2.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Speaking only for me but WvW is as much about some of the people who play there as it is about the game mode. I will sometimes play WvW but as soon as it starts getting ugly, and sometimes it starts that way, I’m gone and PvP is even worse IMO. I’m not trying to slam everyone who prefer those parts of the game just saying some people can get really ugly and that play style seems to bring out the worst in some.

That is exactly the same as PvE.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

1. For the 10 AP.
2. For the rewards. Free wxp? Sure! Extra credit on my pvp reward track? Yes please. Extra pristine relic for something I would do anyway? Awesome!

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Why?

Now that laurels are no longer tied to dailies it seems to me that there’s very little incentive to go out of your way to complete them.

I get two out of three in just one match of pvp (sometimes 3/3, if i feel adventurous enough to play with a class i don’t master), which i am playing regardless of dailies.

Then that leaves just one thing to complete the daily and get 10 AP!

- that thing can be: mystic toilet (log in LA, use the toilet, 1 minute max)
- get to one vista (log in close to the vista, go to the vista, click f, 1 minute max)
- do something quick in wvw, like killing a supply cart (what i did today and took me 2 minutes)

So it’s 10 AP for playing one pvp match i will play anyway, and doing something extra. The dumb thing would be to stop getting the dailies.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I actually did the daily for today. The main reason was the pristine fractal relic for only completing one fractal. I went down to level one and rolled the ascalon fractal. I really can’t stand fractals, but if I can get a pristine relic for only having to suffer through one, then I’ll jump on that.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Indeed. The rewards you get from dailies can be earned almost anywhere in the game. Doing dailies (in as little as 4 minutes) means getting AP a bit faster. The only real reasons to care about doing dailies (IMO):

1) a desire to get the checklist off of your screen.
2) a desire to pursue AP faster.

“getting AP a bit faster” is a bit of an understatement. Try “getting any AP at all apart from what becomes available with new content”. There aren’t a lot of alternative sources of AP when you’ve tapped out all the permanent AP pertaining to content you’re interested in playing.

Roundabout.1752

That is exactly the same as PvE.

Maybe, to a lesser degree in PvE. I’ve played both modes and a whole lot more of it in PvE and I have never read the kind of posts in PvE that I have in WvW or PvP. Different places with different objectives so naturally people response differently. It’s to bad WvW doesn’t offer more rewards to balance things out playing there just isn’t worth the grief for some players.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Question for those that insist on trying to shut up anyone who has a problem with the current dailies. . .

why?

We’re tired of the same hyperbolic argument being spewed literally dozens of times by a few mass offenders.

Pointing fingers = infraction points, but we (and you) know who I’m talking about.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I do them for the rewards and AP when it’s convenient (most of the time), otherwise I don’t. I haven’t yet been inexplicably stricken with the complete lack of desire to keep playing, I would guess because I’m not that petty?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs