Question on Exotics

Question on Exotics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Skykiller.3160

Skykiller.3160

I’m am not here to complain or whine about anything. I’m simply curious about how exotic level weapons/armor are easy to get because I am always hearing it from everyone both ingame and out how easy it is to get myself equiped with exotics but to be honest have never seen an exotic drop off of a mob and have found that dungeons are the easiest way of making money though not from drops, from the daily reward. Dungeons however rarely get advertized ingame anymore and I really do not want to go to gw2lfg.com as I should not have to do that to find a group and would much rather communicate directly to the person who is openly advertizing the dungeon in chat. Am I missing something with making money/equiping myself decently?

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

And you are not finding what you need from the trading post?

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Skykiller.3160

Skykiller.3160

And you are not finding what you need from the trading post?

I currently do not have a good way of making money. As such I am usually around 2 gold on my main. I have no luck with drops either so I am kind of at a loss. I am even using full Pirate runes on my armor for the extra magic find. Plus omnomberry bars for even more magic find.

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Corrupted god temple karma vendors offer lvl 80 exotics. Check the wiki to see which one has the stats you want, cost about 250k karma for the full set.

Map completion of the high end zones, all of Orr, Frostgorge Sound, Mt Maelstrom, not sure what else.

Personal story at the end gives exotics.

Dungeons. Group with guildies, realmies, friends or use gw2lfg.com. Earn dungeon tokens to trade for exotics.

Crafting. Level a craft and make them.

RARE drops from jump puzzle chests, mobs, dragon chests. Probably won’t be the one you want, sell it and use the gold to buy the one you do want.

Hope that helps!

Question on Exotics

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Save the jugs from dailies and pop a karma booster before opening and you’ll have a full set of exotics in less than 30 days while making money in the process.

This sentence is false.

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Yep save jugs to 80 by doing your daily. Buy 75 gems for ~1.5 gold to buy a Karma booster (+50%) and drink them all. Run a Orr meta and buy as much armor with karma as you can. Make gold by selling all your stuff on the TP first, then to vendors. To get exotic weapon and exotic upgrades on your exotic armor, think around 20-30 gold.

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Better question is how do people find the named Weapon Exotics, i see hundreds on the TP but i’ve never in 1330 hours of playing ever got one drop…

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Better question is how do people find the named Weapon Exotics, i see hundreds on the TP but i’ve never in 1330 hours of playing ever got one drop…

I had a named exotic greatsword drop from a chest during a casual AC story run with some guildees. First of its kind for me so it DOES happen.

Problem is for the community at large that occurrence is just short of never. lol

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

A lot of the named exotics are from the Mystic Forge. Not Mystic Forge randomly throw a buncha stuff in and hope you get something, but Mystic Forge specific recipes.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Other_Items

I made my named exotic scepter in the forge.

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Xenth.2408

Xenth.2408

Ascalon Catacombs dungeon is probably the most popular way to get your starter set of exotic armor. Look at Lion’s arch, at the southern most area that’s walled in. There’s a repair guy next to a waypoint. Just west of there is a row of merchants. Each merchant has exotics you can buy with tokens gotten through dungeons.

AC is a level 35 dungeon with a pretty low difficulty in my opinion. It takes some learning of course, but if you have friends/guildies, see if they’ll teach you the ropes. Daily you can get 180+ tokens there. With those, every two days or so you can get a piece of exotic armor. Also you’ll get items to sell, mats, silver, and the like.

With a group that knows what they’re doing, an hour is REALLY easy to finish all 3 exploration paths. Most groups are much faster than that.

And of course there’s karma armor at the temples in Orr. They’re costly karma wise but it’s another non-gold way of getting armor. Someone mentioned saving jugs and getting a karma booster. Go beyond that though if you can. You can boost karma with 4 things at the same time – karma booster, guild bonus (if you’re in a guild and they run the bonus), guild banner (found around Lion’s Arch and often in front of the karma merchants), and food (any ice cream I think, it’s been a while). if I remember right, with those four bonuses each jug is close to 8000 karma.

Question on Exotics

Posted by: Xenth.2408

Xenth.2408

Also a cheap route compared to some of the better runes to put in armor is to just put orbs in them. Right now on one of my armor sets for my thief I have 6 orbs that give power/precision/magic find. I forget the name of the orb but you can look at orbs in your material collection at any crafting station of course.