Question on beta weekends

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

According to the PoF FAQ the first beta weekend (8/11-8/13) we’ll get to see the new map and the raptor mount (no mention of testing the new elites).

Then states that on the second weekend (8/18 – 8/20) demo characters can be created with the elites to play in WvW and PvP.

For HoT beta weekends, I believe there were three, and we were able to see the elite specs were available for the latter two, though only a handful were available at first, in PvE and possibly PvP/WvW (don’t remember if that was the case since I don’t play either).

So I’m just asking for clarification as there’s some internal debate with friends: Are we not able to see any of the elite specs in the PvE environment the first weekend and only get to see the new elites through WvW/PvP (since the elites were only specified for the second weekend)? Or has anyone heard rumblings that there will be a third that we can see the elites in PvE?

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No mention of a third; I’d guess the Devs would have posted it, if they were planning on one.

And, yes, PvE map/no Elite Specializations in first Beta Weekend, and PvP maps/Elite Specializations in second Beta Weekend.

That’s the plan, so far.

Good luck.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Far as i can tell from the info provided so far is that it looks like these new specs are only being balanced with an eye to PvP/WvW anyway. Unless we are looking at a ton of PvE enemies that are sporting a ton of boons and don’t insta-melt to condi like the rest of the game. I just don’t see where any of the elite specs being introduced actually matter with regard to the PvE maps that are also being added. Seems like as per usual, any build will work as long as you play it well, in PvE.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Far as i can tell from the info provided so far is that it looks like these new specs are only being balanced with an eye to PvP/WvW anyway. Unless we are looking at a ton of PvE enemies that are sporting a ton of boons and don’t insta-melt to condi like the rest of the game. I just don’t see where any of the elite specs being introduced actually matter with regard to the PvE maps that are also being added. Seems like as per usual, any build will work as long as you play it well, in PvE.

But PvE players don’t want to have to go WvW or PvP to test out the new elites. I know I don’t.

And I bet the WvW players and the PvP players don’t want the PvE players taking up slots on a weekend to test out the elite specs.

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

There’s lots of room in wvw for pve ppl to go to try the elite specs out. Not many take wvw serious anymore either so you really shouldnt be hurting anyone. So go there find the pve mobs and kill them to your heart content.

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

There’s lots of room in wvw for pve ppl to go to try the elite specs out. Not many take wvw serious anymore either so you really shouldnt be hurting anyone. So go there find the pve mobs and kill them to your heart content.

Or we could simply have the ability to test out the elite specs in PvE. I stopped playing WvW a while back and have no interest in PvP. I’m sure my one player self isn’t going to have an impact by passing on the demo weekends, but it kind of sucks that PvE players are being funneled into other game modes to test.

SF
OTR

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I’m guessing the reason for not having a PvE test is…uhm…server load? Bugs? Sure, one of those things. I think.

Honestly I have no idea why they are doing it this way.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

WvW only has so many spots. There’s not enough spots for every PvE player to be there testing things out.

I want to test the elite specs out against content I already know.

That’s not WvW. That’s not PvP. That’s not EotM.

It’s PvE content that I know.