Questions about August 27 blog post

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

Today’s blog post was very vague, so I was hoping we could get some clarification about parts of it. I’ll break it down by section.

Leveling Items
What we know

• The rifle shown in the blog had stats equal to Rare level 39 rifles already in the game. As such, we can infer that these weapons are “3 levels” better.
  • We know we can craft them (Somehow) and that we can get them as loot drops
  • We know that none of them will be level 80 (Hopefully, none of them will be > level 77)
  • We know that they will be account bound.

What we don’t know

• What materials are they going to cost to craft? At the moment, crafting blues/greens for leveling characters is very rarely worth it due to the cost of the crafting materials, regardless of the stats on the items.
  • What level crafting do we need? 400? 500?
  • How will we obtain these recipies? Are these rare recipie drops? Availble from a vendor? Are we getting them for free?
  • Can we craft items of a rarity not typically seen for that level? Like Exotics at level 40, or level 10 rare hats/Shoulders?

Crafter Backpacks

Actually these were pretty straightforward. Crafted profession based back items with more stat options than have traditionally been availble for low level characters. I’m okay with that.

Profession Loot

• Will this affect armor drops?
  • If so, What mechanics are in place to prevent light armor classes (Who would get more light armor, and therefore more things that can be salvaged into the expensive cloth (linen, cotton, etc.)) from being the “better” class to play?
  • Will this affect level 80’s?
  • What percentage of drops will this affect? Diablo 3 implemented a similar system a while ago, which made almost 99% of drops useful to the player’s class. Are we talking the same kinds of extremes, or just a slight bias? (I understand we probably can’t get hard numbers, just want to know how big of a change this is going to be)

(edited by codingCaptor.9428)

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Oh yeah cant wait to store a level 37 rifle in my bank on the off chance that I might use it someday! … not.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

On the crafter backpack section though there’s one line that leaves me wondering what that means.

….“come with a bit more combat flexibility than many players might have seen.”

What does this mean ?

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

On the crafter backpack section though there’s one line that leaves me wondering what that means.

What does this mean ?

Stat changes like legendarys, maybe.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

• We know that none of them will be level 80 (Hopefully, none of them will be > level 77)

Imagine everyone farming for a level 79 rare that’s better than a legendary.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

What does this mean ?

I’m guessing it just means you can choose the stats of the back item at every level of creation, rather than being forced to use the very small handful of lower-level backs with set stat combos.

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

What does this mean ?

Currently, if you want a backpiece at level 30 (or was it 35?), you have a single option on the trading post (one which drops from AC) (you can also get a level 0 back item from your personal story at 33)

The easiest answer is that we will have more stat options viable to low level characters for back slot items now, which is nice. So my DPS Warrior can use a stat-appropriate back item at level 60.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

What does this mean ?

I’m guessing it just means you can choose the stats of the back item at every level of creation, rather than being forced to use the very small handful of lower-level backs with set stat combos.

That would make sense. There are very few options for sub lvl 80 backpieces.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Today’s blog post was great. In the wake of many users complaining about the lack of new max level content, ANet responded by adding features only useful to non-max-level characters, continuing in their trend of completely missing the point.

I’m losing faith every day, and I’m not looking forward to tomorrow.. “A Fresh Start”
Could that possibly be anything good?

I want to keep playing, and I definitely will until I get my full ascended set. Here’s hoping ANet can prove me wrong about them before I do.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

dude i got sooo many Leveling Scrolls in my bank..

who needs leveling gear when we can instantly make a level 80.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Today’s blog post was great. In the wake of many users complaining about the lack of new max level content, ANet responded by adding features only useful to non-max-level characters, continuing in their trend of completely missing the point.

I’m losing faith every day, and I’m not looking forward to tomorrow.. “A Fresh Start”

I want to keep playing, and I definitely will until I get my full ascended set. Here’s hoping ANet can prove me wrong about them before I do.

Because obviously this blog post and patch were given in direct response to what people were saying last week on the forums. Do you have any idea how long this has probably been planned for?

I’m pretty sure that in order for Anet to post something about an update that deals with current complaints, it would be months down the road.

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

this backpiece thing.. wil be good if i had just got Gw2.

but ive been here since beta. so illl make an instant level 80 at will if i wish to..

Tomes of knowledge and all that

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, instead, it was in response to the many posts from players commenting on their concerns about leveling their Alts.

There are many different concerns posted in the forums, and elsewhere. Not just what each of us finds personally relevant. =)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If you watch the updates vs form post they do work out but there is a time gap of a few months. Games like these cant turn on dimes it takes a lot of time to make sure every thing work that its a real thing they can add in and that it dose not effect other parts of the game in a bad way as in programing errors.

Added note if your 80 already at least you can get drops now that are for your class at level 80 and your getting new back skins that IS something of worth for non new players.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Not everyone is a pvp player.

Most people do not have many scrolls

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know….people who enjoy leveling? More than just a few of those.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I really like most of the stuff that has come from the feature pack previews. It’s all cool things to enhance a fantastic game. My issue with the back packs and leveling weapons is that I have maxed each class out in the game. If we had new classes, crafting professions, and races with all new maps in which to level in, I would be able to enjoy this. Heck, I would even disregard the 120+ leveling tomes and the 12, Level 20 scrolls I have in my bank if that were the case.

Where is the new, highly replayable content in this game for people at cap? I will stick to my routine of Fractals, guild missions, and dailies then. #OxfordCommasRule

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Looks like I’ll be farming on my Ele from now on after the update for cloth scraps. Anyone foresee a price hike in cloth scrap prices?

Edit: On second thought, after thinking about it, I’m assuming everyone will immediately switch to light armor classes and flood the market with scraps. Looks like prices will go the opposite direction.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

They are making the early lvl stuff better because they expect a great influx of new players/new Characters.

Why?

Expansion.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

My favorite part was…..

“These changes should help new players and veterans alike get more out of their leveling experience in Guild Wars 2.”

Yeah, because after 2 years there are so many veterans still leveling characters. Here I thought that they were going to finally get around to bringing jeweler and cooking up to par with the rest of the crafting professions. Nope, just some low level stuffs that those of use not level character will never use.

This feature patch has turned into a huge disappointment. This has me scared to death what tomorrow’s “fresh start” blog post will be. What exactly are they going to reset?

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

People, you need to realize they aren’t advertising the game to old players. They want to make a better experience for newer players. And the few alt-holics out there (even if Anet keeps making it even more useless to have alts).

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I was really hoping to finally hear the two neglected crafts being brought up to bar too. Been waiting that ever since the Ascended crafting was announced.

As for veterans not leveling their characters anymore, I still do. I have 20 at lvl 80 and two currently on the way. I do not see a reason to suppose I would not make more characters in the future.