Questions for curiosity

Questions for curiosity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mrfurlix.8391

Mrfurlix.8391

Hi ppl, i’m new (took over my brother’s account), just for curiosity (and fun) me and my friends wanted to make you some question. Would you like:

1- Separation between PvP and PvE Skill features (a skill in PvP may be overpower while not so much in PvE, so it could have different damage/recharge in different modalities)

2- Another PvP “cathegory” where Elite Specialization are not available

3- Guild Brawls (40 vs 40)

4- “Keys wallet”

5- Eliminating dungeons, making dungeons story paths soloable and putting those into personal story, rearranging explorer paths into fractals (moving D. vendors of course)

6- An instability for each fractal level instead of 1 for 10 lvl

7-“Skippable” time gated Legendary weapons steps (example: each legendary has 100 collection steps. You can do 1 step each day. If you pay you can complete do more than 1 step each day. So if you do 1 step each day your legendary cost 700 gold for 100 days, if you “skip” 2500 gold in 5 days. Just an example with random numbers)

8- Legendary collections not requiring ascended materials, but other stuff (keeping the cost more or less the same)

9- New levels in the expansion

10- Eliminating levels

11- Caithe dying

12- New tier of equip (for example something more powerful tha ascended)

13- Removing equip tiers (for example removing ascended)

14- Switchable stats on ascended Trinkets (amulet, rings, back ecc)

15- WvW smaller maps

16- More kinds of maguuma mushrooms (that gives invisibiliy, 25 stacks of might, i don’t know ecc)

17- Removing Ranger class from game

18- Removing Necros from game

19- Removing mesmers from game

20- Removing invisibility from game

21- kitten, Mussolini and Hirohito (?) as Trio World Boss

22- Adding hearts in Maguuma

23 – Chronological maps (Example: you can switch between Orr pre invasion/Orr invaded by pact/ Orr cleansed after Zaithan Death, Lion’s arch pre/during/after invasion/ recostruction ecc…)

24 – Adding difficulties to Muguuma Here point (easy (soloable)/medium (solo pro)/hard (team)). You gain hero points anyways, but the harder the challenge, the more the loot)

25- More “classical” (like TW3 and BM) mastery progression. Everytime you fill the bar, you gain 1 point. Masteries are unlockable spending these points. You can gain more points with “side activities” ( Adventures, achievments, ecc)

26- A system that “keep lvl 80 characters” progress (example: You unlocked all the masteries playing your main. You go into maguuma with another character and this one shouldn’t be able to know anything about gliding ecc. Tho i’m not saying to make masteries character bound, that would be a crime, but a system that keep a little of progression with different characters after 80, hope i explained myself)

27- Ocean dragon vs Primordus atomic battle near Ring of Fire islands

28 – Introducing elite specs with a minor side quest line (example: You’re a warr. Mordrem kill 2-3 of your friends, you rage become a berserker and…. zerk them down)

29 – If you have completed the world map yet, you can pay quite a few gold to unlock most of WPs

30 – “Iron Man” spec for engi and “Batman” spec for thief

31 – Maguuma Living world: easier or harder?

32 – Adding a little Account wide Inventory, to change on the run gear between chars

33 – Account wide crafting

34 – Braham dying

35 – More speed from Celeritas Spores (speed mushrooms)

36 – Faster gathering

37 – Mounts

38 – Tanks. Don’t know why or where, but tanks usually make everything better

39 – Tarir armor suits: transforming those in a way you can take it or leave those to another player, like a bundle flamethrower at Claw of Jormag

40 – A system where you can see all the instances of a map, and see if yours is closing, and not kicked out and losing all your partecipation just before getting the rewards

41 – Chack Gerent a little (just a little) more difficult

42 – More versions of a same Leg. Weapons (for example a less large version of Eternity, or a less ridicolous Quip version)

43 – New playable race(s)

44 – PvP Races. That is you can run with your mount against other players, something like Norn Big Wolf against Asura Turbolaser chopper

45 – Monthly fee

46 – Build saver

47 – LA plaza stocks for hackers & gold sellers

If you made it to read all the way here, thx gg bb. Being serious imho GW2 is a nice game, with huge potential, not being fully used tho.

Questions for curiosity

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

That’s a ton to read.

45) Why would anyone want a monthly fee?
*Besides we already have one. It’s called the gem store.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Questions for curiosity

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Wow that’s a lot of question. I won’t be answering all of them. A bunch are just good for the trash can. I know there are more for fun than anything, but your list is just too big man.

1) Yes, yes and yes.

3) That’s what I loved about WvW and that’s what I was expecting when they talked about GvG. Stronghold and pvp team as GvG? That’s just a lie. But 40 is way too big. In WvW we used to have between 10vs10 and 20vs20, with 15vs15 being the sweet spot imo.

4) Of course, who woudn’t.

6) Yes and no. You start to lose idea when you have 100 instability to create and it showed pre-hot. Also, Anet is hyper bad at creating instability. They choose random instability that you can’t counter and that’s just bad design. So I wouldn’t trust them to create 100 instability, they would just kitten it up I’m sure. But I would love more instability and that they would be more linked to their level since each level have a specific island now.

7and8) Ascended material is the answer for your number 7. You can craft each day for lost cost, or buy it now for a higher cost. So I prefer to keep the current system tbh. That said, there is just too few source of low tier material for the amount of ascended material they ask in legendary, exploding the cost of ascended materials and at the same time crafted legendary precursor.

9) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

10) Not really. I mean, I’m not a fan of level tbh, but they serve a purpose by giving new cabability to new players in small dose and don’t overwhelm them with option. They also allow for scaling which is good to have easy enough content for new players, while giving a minimum difficulty for higher characters. That could have been done better with just 10-20 levels, but it’s too late. Remove level or diminish them at this moment would be a terrible idea.

12) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

13) I have the same opinion than levels on that. Ascended should have been in the game since day one or never been there. But now it’s too late, and they would do more dmg by removing them. But it would be nice if they could balance the older content which is now kind of devluated by all the power creep and they should add way more options to get ascended gear. Not easier way, just different ways.

14) In the mystic forge like with ascended armor/weapons ya. Swappable like with legendary no.

15) Well the new borderlands are too big and the older smaller map were better. (not the only reason the new maps are bad, but it’s one of the complain) So ya.

16) Yes if done right, but really not important.

22) YOU MONSTER DON’T TALK LIKE THAT.

23) That would be nice, but at the same time hard to put in the game. Too many way you can kitten it up, I wouldn’t try it if I was a dev. Just a nice way to upset people for little gain.

24) meh.

25) meh. It’s just another method. I don’t see that as an improvement over our current system. Tomato, tomato.

26) Not sure I understand

28) A little quest before you can unlock it with HP. More story the better, but I doudt they would be of great quality tbh. It would need to be character (as in personality) growth and you can’t really do that with a MMO since characters have the personality the player want them to have. It would certainly clash too much with some people. If you can’t have a good character growth in there, then I don’t the purpose that would bring unless the story is just very good.

31) Equal, but with more level of difficulty in the achievements and more interesting challenge mote.

37) I like customization and collections so I would love it. But there is a lot of other things that I would prefer before that.

40) Add a system of queue to that and I would be so happy.

41) Yes. It’s a bit too easy now.

45) No way. But IF they fix all the things they broke with their expansions, I would be ok with another expansion. But I would be buying the smallest version possible because I still have the bad taste in my mouth.

46) It should have been in the game for a long time or at the strict minimum in the expansion.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Questions for curiosity

Posted by: Teaniel.9052

Teaniel.9052

Okay, just for fun I’ll answer all of them…

1. This sounded like a great idea the first time I heard it, but I think now it would likely cause more problems than it would solve. Once you separated the two they’d likely keep drifting apart, and the contrast would make it difficult to switch between gamemodes. It’s convenient right now to try out builds in PvP to see if I want to buy the gear or level the class to play it in PvE.
  2. Interesting idea, but I wonder how many people would queue for it? Most people have HoT and use the elite spec already.
  3. If it had to be arranged between guilds, or as a mission, I can’t quite see myself participating (considering my guild and personal skill level). But I’d queue for a PvP match on this scale. When they announced stronghold I thought it would at least be teams of 10, maybe 20.
  4. Yes please!
  5. Yeah, assuming I can still earn dungeon armor from them. I didn’t have a chance to do a single explorable path before the reward nerf. I’d like to see the stories, but with low rewards it doesn’t seem worth my time…
  6. Kind of like before the HoT update? I like doing one fractal at a time (still don’t have time for 4 in a sitting, but now I can make progress), but I think they’re a bit too predictable now.
  7. As far as I know, this is already how at lot of legendary time-gating works. You need ascended materials, which require time-gated items to craft but are not account bound. You can craft them yourself over many days, or buy them all at once from the trading post, which will be more expensive.
  8. Could be interesting. Would do crazy things to the economy I couldn’t guess.
  9. I can see the appeal — my 80’s feel like they’re at a dead end — but I wouldn’t look forward to spending more time on every new character, and it would make it harder for new players to reach end content. It’s frustrating to spend months and only get halfway to the level cap and all the exciting things your veteran friends are doing. No.
  10. Hard to imagine with the existing game. I’d be interested to try a leveless game, but GW2 is not that game.
  11. If it’s done well and makes sense, I don’t have a problem with major characters dying. I could imagine Caithe’s death happening in a way that would make me love the story, or in a dissatisfying and cheap way. Generally I think her relationship with the PC needs to develop a bit more; we’ve still got some loose threads to explain.
  12. No! At least let me earn ascended and enjoy it first!
  13. Same answer as removing levels. I’d be interested to see what that would be like in a game, but it doesn’t fit in this one.
  14. That would be really nice, and make a jeweler more valuable. Since rings drop so much in fractals, they’d probably want to make the recipes for doing this a rare drop.
  15. Haven’t played much WvW, one reason being I am tired of spending so much time running from point A to point B without getting anything from it. Maybe a good idea, but I don’t know enough about WvW to really say.
  16. Yes. Not only interesting by itself, but they’d have to add more mastery points to the game, which might make other masteries more obtainable.
  17. Why would you remove useful classes many people enjoy?
  18. Have some sympathy for the thieves…they only seem OP because they’re very good at what they do. Or did you mean invisibility in Maguuma? Axemaster is annoying without the mastery, but I wouldn’t remove it. It’s an interesting mechanic.
  19. What!? Let’s stick to Tyrian lore for this game, shall we?
  20. I’d like to see more small events in Maguuma, but not renown hearts.
  21. I was just discussing this idea with a friend of mine. The problem is that it could potentially separate veteran and novice players …but then, you could make the later version maguuma-level difficult, and people would go there for different reasons. I’d like to see a post-Mordremoth Grove…
  22. I don’t care as much about the loot as the hero points. It would be nice to have an easier version of the hero points that didn’t give all ten. If I couldn’t find help, I could at least get some points.
  23. Most people would stop going after mastery points and just spend xp. I would spend all the extra mastery points I’ve got lying around.
  24. People would complain about having to do the same things multiple times on each character… but I kind of miss that feeling of first entering maguuma and having absolutely nothing. I can never experience Verdant Brink the way I did at release or in beta a second time. I suppose I could take a level 79 character in through the guild hall.
  25. They have a hard enough time making one elder dragon at a time look epic. Two would definitely get silly fast.
  26. I would love this. It doesn’t even have to be very long. Give it some skippable dialogue unique for each race, and I’d be very happy. For now, I’ll have to make up my own stories (No, the warrior story’s more epic than that. I blew up a whole airship!)
  27. Yeah, it would be nice to have the option of sharing world completion across characters. (But optional, so I could still get xp from exploring if I wanted to.)
  28. See answer to #21. But you could have specs inspired by those concepts — an engi more based around a battle suit, for example. A batman-inspired glider skin could be really nice (especially simple, solid color, with the whole thing dyeable).
  29. I like it as it is. Was really hard at first. Eventually I will think it is too easy, but they should have new content by then.
  30. More than anything else you’ve suggested so far. This would solve the key dilemma, too.
  31. Yes, or at least recipes. It would ruin the opportunity to level characters by crafting, but that’s never quite seemed worth the money to me.
  32. No. Not because I care more about Braham than Caithe, but because I don’t. He’d need to get more interesting or his death would be cheap and annoying. I wouldn’t mind if he left for some reason, but death would be too dramatic. I haven’t played any of season 2 except for Point of No Return, though, so I haven’t seen much of any of the living world characters before HoT. However, Taimi and Canach were interesting to me right away, while the others weren’t. Maybe I just like sylvari and asura…
  33. I’d be more interested in longer speed.
  34. Seeing nodes on the map from farther away would save me more time. Someone suggested a central Tyria gathering mastery on another thread. I’d like to see that. Not all of the central Tyria masteries are as immediately useful as the maguuma ones.
  35. Can’t quite imagine it. I’m happy with the waypoint system.
  36. What kind of tanks? The charr have armored tanks. Pick the vigil plan near the end of the PS (no need to join the vigil earlier), and you’ll lead a bunch into Orr. Tanks as a class role are beginning to appear in raids. I’d like to see more division of roles instead of most people going for as much DPS as possible, and to have all our armor with defensive stats useful for something. Glass tanks used for containment of test subjects may be found at many asura research stations.
  37. I don’t know; I’ve never used either of these. I prefer sticking with my regular skills.
  38. Yes, they need to fix this.
  39. Haven’t done TD meta yet.
  40. I hope I like the new bow and greatsword from the second generation! I like Kudzu, but not enough to spend legendary effort on it. Twilight is so huge it’s comedic.
  41. Yes. It would be fun to have a tengu. But I don’t think it’s going to happen at this point, and I might prefer Anet spends time on other things.
  42. Not a fan of mounts. Sanctum Sprint is really fun though; I wish it was permanently available and less buggy.
  43. Oh no, never. I like buying things and having them, not renting. I’d sadly look for another game.
  44. Would be lovely, especially if I could save armor combinations, too.
  45. Wow, last question! Creative but a bit silly. No, I don’t see the point…

Well that took longer than expected… but it was kind of fun. Why did you ask about Caithe and Braham but no other characters?

We’re going to devote our energies to sports, gardening, all the cultural pursuits;
in fact, we’re going to put the goons to sleep.
Meanwhile – we dig.

Questions for curiosity

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

1. yes
2.no
3.yes
4.if you mean put more key currencies into existing wallet then yes
5. no, rather they worked on new content.
6.yes
7.no dont see the point
8.no
9.no masteries work well enough for new levels
10. no – dont take progress away from players
11. dont care
12. hell no, ascended was a big enough fiasco
13. no – dont take progress away from players
14 yes
15 yes please, or just bring back the old maps on rotation
16 dont care
17. no
18 no
19 no
20 no (personally i hate stealth but it would kitten off too many people to remove it)
21 erm? I have no clue
22 yes
23 no, id rather each map had a meta event where you could cleanse/repair the entire map for a new visuals that lasts 1/2 days
24 dont care
25 no – dont see the point
26 yes, if its optional
27 meh dont care
28 meh dont care
29 no
30 no lol
31 the same as it is, please please not easier
32 yes
33 yes if optional
34 no
35 no
36 no
37 yes
38 no lol
39 yeah
40 yes yes yes yes yes
41 ehhh dont care
42 no
43 yes
44 yeah
45 hell no
46 yes please
47 yes

Questions for curiosity

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

1. Yes
2. Don’t care
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No
6. Yes
7. Don’t care
8. Don’t care
9. No
10. No
11. Don’t care
12. No
13. No
14. No
15. Yes
16. Yes
17. Can we remove ranger longbow #4 only?
18. Yes
19. No
20. No
21. Yes
22. No
23. Yes
24. Don’t care
25. Don’t care
26. Don’t care
27. Yes
28. Yes
29. Yes