Questions from a Returning Player

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

so i’ve been gone for a while (back from the first haloween event) and alot has changed

so i was wondering if anyone could tell me the buffs/nerfs to thief and ranger

i have a max level thief and ranger, but being gone so long i thought it would be best to make one from lv 1 to relearn the game. but i’m having trouble deciding on one…

so my questions are.
1. Did they ever fix Pet AI (from pets being kittened and getting stuck on every single tree)
2. did ranger’s dmg get buffed? (i saw the new stealth thing on longbow)
3. how much has thief been nerfed? still good for soloist?
4. living world season 1. what exactly happened during all that (punching myself for missing it!!!!)
5. what happened to town clothes
6. any new lands been released?
7. anything i should know before reaching living world season 2 (as it appears i wont be able to do season 1?)

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I cannot answer the balance questions, but I’ll try the rest.

4. I recommend watching videos. Woodenpotatoes has everything explained on his yourtube. It is really much more fun to see it.

5. Town clothes turned into outfits, which can be worn over armor even in fights or tonics that can only be used in peaceful settings. Nothing can be mixed or matched anymore. Hat part and some gloves and shoulders can be hidden.

6. Yes. Drytop and Silverwastes.

7. Season 2 starts with Lion’s Arch in ruins and things start to get worse…

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

1. As far as I know, pet AI is the same as ever.
2. Yes, by a lot on longbow (and others).
3. Not sure what you mean. If you mean WvW, then yes, thief is still the top solo roaming class.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

so i’ve been gone for a while (back from the first haloween event) and alot has changed

so i was wondering if anyone could tell me the buffs/nerfs to thief and ranger

i have a max level thief and ranger, but being gone so long i thought it would be best to make one from lv 1 to relearn the game. but i’m having trouble deciding on one…

so my questions are.
1. Did they ever fix Pet AI (from pets being kittened and getting stuck on every single tree)
2. did ranger’s dmg get buffed? (i saw the new stealth thing on longbow)
3. how much has thief been nerfed? still good for soloist?
4. living world season 1. what exactly happened during all that (punching myself for missing it!!!!)
5. what happened to town clothes
6. any new lands been released?
7. anything i should know before reaching living world season 2 (as it appears i wont be able to do season 1?)

1. A bit.
2. A bit too much imo.
3. Thieves dont cry more than usual.
4. Here is pretty cute sum of LS1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gHsliMTzhg
5. They are tonics or outfits now in wardrobe
6. 2 New zones and numerous changes on old ones
7. S1 Will be replayable in future.

If you looking for some more detail info I recomend start here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/wiki/returningplayers

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

arenta.2953

thank you everyone =D

arenta.2953

ok few more questions( now that i’ve leveled a new char to lv 34)

1. did they fix the crap rendering in WvWvW (where render would take so long you couldnt see a thief for clsoe to 10 secounds or an entire rush)

2. is warrior still OP as hell? (the 1 shot rifle warrior)
3. how do you make it lock on your target when you damage them until you tab to new target. right now it target the mob until they move behind me and then deselects them…troublesome =x

4. is there a cap on magic find? (i’m at 45%….)

5. fractals, do people still do them often?

6. how do i rank up weapon’s rarities to exotic (i forgot =x )

7. agony, what exactly is it. what uses it. and what lets me resist it.

8. do people still run the flame citadel?

(edited by arenta.2953)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

1) Rendering got a bit better during the pasty 2 years bit it’s not perfect, It is quite a bit better though then before IMHO.
2) NO, powerful yes, but sniping warrior is rare nowadays… Warrior is no longer the most powerful class by far…. some people say other proffesions rival dps of warriors now. I prefer playing on a lot of different classes and in my opinion warrior stay s relatively powerful with low effort, other classes will outdmg warriors (Ele, Thief, Guard for example.)
3) DUNNO? Use your settings panel? Ctrl+T for targetting?

4) Official cap is 300 from OWN luck gain , this doesn’t include food and utility, (Magic find and/or laureate) boosters, (guild) banners, fires, celebration/birthday boosters. guild bonus and magic find infusion and in SW you can get an additional 150% temporarily for that region only.

I estimate max MF will be above:
300 base (Luck)
60 from food/utils (halloween util/MF food
100 birthday/celebration booster (yr old char/ lucky drop BL chest)
50 magic find (booster BL chest/BLTP
30 laureate magic find (buyable for laurels
10/15 magic find/heroes banner (guild missions/commendations(/laurels?))
10 guild (from guild upgrades)
20 magicfind infusion (on asc amulet)
——-
570% MF? total?
(50 bonfire) (didn’t test for stack)
I didn’t count the Magic find from achievementpoints.

5) Fractals yes some are very fanatic, mostly lvl 39 in my guild)
6) I do not fully understand, You can throw 4 rares in the forge and get a 20-25% on a exotic? if you want to craft them you need to buy inscriptions at releated trader/ find them in the world or buy them at TYP, not all stat combo’s are craftable.
7) Agony is a special condition to lvl 10 and above fractals only. It’s resisted by making sure you do not get it from fractals opponents through good dodges (whcih works a good deal of the time but not always and AGONY RESIST (AR) ( these things with a +5 AR rating are buyable from the BUY golem in fractals for 75 tokens, also you will get +1 agony resists (AR) from doing fractal levels, these can be combines for much higher agony resist values… (can be bought on TP for exorbitant amounts of cash)) DAMAGE done by agony is a % of your health, and rises with higher levels of fractals. this % drops with higher AR (agony resist,)
8)CoF p1 and 2? yes? sometimes I get the idea AC is a bit more popular, but I do not know, I run CoF on a daily or mostly daily basis

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)