Questions on dailies

Questions on dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xocolatl.6890

Xocolatl.6890

Q:

1. I noticed that daily achievements are shared between all characters. Does this mean that, say for achievement to finish 5 events, I can finish 2 events with one character, then 3 with another? Same with enemy types killed, etc.

2. Does magic find improve reward from achievement?

3. What time does the achievements actually reset? I happen to play from a different time zone, so keeping time does get a bit messy for me.

Questions on dailies

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

A:

1. Does this mean that, say for achievement to finish 5 events, I can finish 2 events with one character, then 3 with another? Same with enemy types killed, etc.

2. Does magic find improve reward from achievement?

3. What time does the achievements actually reset? I happen to play from a different time zone, so keeping time does get a bit messy for me.

1. Yes, you can do it on multiple characters just fine.
2. No, magic find only works on monster drops, nothing else.
3. Midnight (00:00) UTC/GMT. Use a time converter (or calculate yourself), how late this is for your specific timezone.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Questions on dailies

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

1. yes
2. no
3. Uh, server time, I guess… not sure though.

Questions on dailies

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

To add to this: It’s advantageous to complete the daily on your highest level character, since the XP and coin reward scales with your current characters level.
Most of the XP you get completing the tiers of the achievements, so even if your highest is already 80 and doesn’t need xp, it’s better to complete the daily on that one.

Note that complete means fill out the last category, not opening the chest. The chest will only be available to the character you were on when it appeared.

Questions on dailies

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

To add to this: It’s advantageous to complete the daily on your highest level character, since the XP and coin reward scales with your current characters level.
Most of the XP you get completing the tiers of the achievements, so even if your highest is already 80 and doesn’t need xp, it’s better to complete the daily on that one.

Note that complete means fill out the last category, not opening the chest. The chest will only be available to the character you were on when it appeared.

Thats not entirely true. The coin doesn’t necessarily scale with your level (unless you mean your adjusted level?), it scales with the level of the zone you’re in when you finish it.
I’ve completed it on a lvl80 in a lower zone and didn’t get the 5s I would have got if I had completed it in one of the high level (70-80) zones.
I’m not sure about the XP though, since I’ve never kept track of that.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Questions on dailies

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

4 PM server time (PST) is the reset or Midnight GMT… You can turn on server time in options to track it better.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Questions on dailies

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Thats not entirely true. The coin doesn’t necessarily scale with your level (unless you mean your adjusted level?), it scales with the level of the zone you’re in when you finish it.
I’ve completed it on a lvl80 in a lower zone and didn’t get the 5s I would have got if I had completed it in one of the high level (70-80) zones.

I didn’t realize that. Does WvWvW maps count as a level 80 map?

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Questions on dailies

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

3) is definitely 00:00 GMT

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Questions on dailies

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m not sure. I don’t PvP (and have only run through a couple of the WvW maps to get them completed while we dominated/controlled them).

I didn’t realize that. Does WvWvW maps count as a level 80 map?

I don’t know about doing them in WvW. I don’t PvP (or WvW). Only time I’ve been in WvW was to complete a couple of the maps while my server controlled/dominated them. (Kinda mad I’ll never complete the monthly ones due to the need for WvW kills…)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)