Quick suggestion for the NPE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but just had a passing thought. (apologies, mods, if this is more suited in another thread, I’m sure it’ll be moved/merged as needed)

I’m messing around with a lowbie elementalist for no other reason that “just because I can.” Currently level 3, with just the fire attunement locked. There’s zero indication that I’ll unlock other attunements, or even that they exist.

My suggestion would be to add buttons for the attunements, with the same lock icon that’s used for unavailable skills such as utilities, and indicate when I get them.

I suspect that other special skills might have similar locks (like mesmer shatters), so I don’t think this is restricted to elementalists. But just showing that the game isn’t all about fire fire fire fire fire might be helpful.

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Wait, they removed those??

You used to have those locked icons on your Elementalists pre-patch. You’d start with Fire attunement, get Water after, like level 3, Earth at 5 or 6, and Lightning around 10. But, the icons would always be above your skill bar, with little locks over them.

Why would they remove those indicators? >.> ANet, stop bein’ so silly.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I really don’t know why. Maybe they were… too confusing. Or something.

But my elementalist is now level 7. I have fire and water attunements unlocked, but still no idea when I’ll get air and earth. And nothing there to show a new player that they even exist.

To be honest, I don’t even know when I unlocked water. Just looked down and poof, there it was. I don’t remember seeing anything in the level-up dialogue, but it could have been the yellow-text along the lines of the “skill unlocked” messages.