Quickest way to level a character?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aedisixgod.9785

aedisixgod.9785

I recently asked a group of people, a few said they don’t know. Another said it no longer gives character XP, and only WVW xp. Is this true?

Am I still able to level a new account in EOTM?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No, it no longer gives character xp. It gives you wvw xp. But, like the pvp reward tracks, you earn Tomes of Knowledge from wvw reward tracks as you gain more wvw xp.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Yes you can still “level” in EoTM.

Each time you rank up in WvW XP, you’ll gain a tome of knowledge along with any you get from reward tracks. Put on XP boosters (Which boosts WxP aswell as normal XP in PvE) and go for it.

Kitten.

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Obligatory: If it is your first character, no need to be in a rush leveling. Enjoy the game however you like, you’ll level fast anyways, this game is pretty easy on the leveling.

Then you can just save up tomes for leveling further characters.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Just as a rather unrelated fact: The fastest way to level is the Mad King’s Labyrinth. With proper boosts you gain around 6-7 levels per hour provided you find a sizeable zerg. Ofc, MKL isn’t available this time of year.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Obligatory: If it is your first character, no need to be in a rush leveling.

Absolutely! Also stock pile tomes in your bank so you can boost alts as and when you want. I keep 1-2 stacks in bank then consume any excess for spirit shards.

Kitten.

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

You only get to level once. Enjoy the ride cos eventually you’ll end up with more ToK than you’ll ever know what to do with.

Take me as a case in point:

http://i.imgur.com/VOQ17iq.jpg

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Leveling in EotM is still viable but not before lvl15-ish. 1-15 is crazy fast with PvE events, Hearts and exploring, then things start to slow down, that’s when EotM becomes useful. If your server is good at EotM (in other words, you don’t get wiped often and you cap a lot), then you can easily get an average 4 Tomes (lvls) per hour just from lvlups without boosts PLUS extra Tomes from reward track and occasional daily. If you use boosts it’s even faster. Concentrate on capping and staying alive, that’s where your main exp comes from. Have fun!

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

If you’re a new player i would suggest to take it slow. and try everything out. build up that experience, and see what class, build, playstyle or even the environment (pve, pvp, wvw) suites you. Explore around and learn mechanics. In short learn what the game as to offer.

If you’re a veteran and you know all of that. But you just look for a fast way to level up an alt character(s). Then i have a couple suggestion:

- Do your pvp and wvw dailies! They drop tomes of knowledge. (Fractal drop them too but that seems to be more rng based)
- Buffs: Practically already usable from level 1. the more/faster xp you can gain. the better: Booster, Food, Nourishment, Lucky New Year Firework. Yes you heard it right. keep that up at all times.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

This won’t help for your first character, but later, for alts, if you have gold/mats: crafting. And it’s very convenient to have each of the crafting disciplines maxed out (except scribing, you don’t need to bother with that).