Quickness Changes

Quickness Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

Q:

Just a few questions about the new quickness nerf and the duration of quickness skills.

Is there a specific reason that a few quickness durations were not increased, as well as non player-cast quickness buffs?

Such as:

Mesmer – Time Warp
Guardian – Zealot’s Fervor (Tome of Wrath)
Warrior – Last Chance
Ranger – Zephyr’s Speed (And maybe Instinctual Bond?)
Thief – Critical Haste

Sigil of Rage
Superior Rune of Orrian/Balthazar

For example: Sigil of Rage is ~20 silver on the TP, which means it’s potentially underutilized already (or maybe it’s too common. I know a lot of weapon drops have the sigil) with its 45-second cooldown, 10% chance on activation, and short duration. Now the use will be reduced even more, with nothing to be said for the people that actually liked the sigil.

I’m not saying many of these skills/items were used very often (save TW, obviously) or were very viable before this change, but since this is fairly significant change to the quickness effect itself, doesn’t it make sense that all sources of quickness have increased duration? Or again, is there a specific reason why these were left out?

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Probably because they didn’t actually have the foresight to think to balance those things? Just NERF NERF NERF.

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

quickness in general was nerfed because it trivialized multiple aspects of the game. sigil of rage is under utilized because its quasi RNG in combat situations(the patch just made a bad sigil worse that is all…the alternatives still exsist).

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Maybe because of balance?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Quickness Changes

Shadowscamp.8065

I’m aware why quickness was nerfed. I’m just wondering why some of the the non-definite (RNG/contigent) sources of quickness were not given increased durations. Since there’s already the RNG factor as well as the internal cooldowns, shouldn’t they be given more of a priority on increased durations, rather than the definite sources of quickness?

Qoo ~

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

I’m aware why quickness was nerfed. I’m just wondering why some of the the non-definite (RNG/contigent) sources of quickness were not given increased durations. Since there’s already the RNG factor as well as the internal cooldowns, shouldn’t they be given more of a priority on increased durations, rather than the definite sources of quickness?

I’m the same boat thought wise, they simply halved the effectiveness by half and didn’t compensate with a duration increase, the way I see it that since they didn’t bother doing either for skills, runes or sigils is because they didn’t want to ‘favour’ any of those aspects and will wait for this change to settle first before considering a duration increase in any of the instances.

I was fond of the Sigil of Rage too, I think it underestimated because under the right circumstances it gave such a good edge.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

Quickness Changes

Shadowscamp.8065

As a warrior, I hated frenzy, but I really enjoyed using Sigil of Rage. I got used to it, so when it activated, I could properly react to it and get the most out of it. However, now that it’s so slow, it’s actually a little difficult to notice the change in attack speed.

Personally, I’d like to see the durations from items and some passive on-crit chance traits to be increased as well. Time Warp, maybe not. 10 seconds is still pretty darn long, but I’d like to at least feel like something is happening when the RNG goes off and I actually get quickness, rather than just a slight increase for a meager 3 seconds and a 45 second cooldown.

Qoo ~

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

6 month ago “classes r balanced”

and now major changes like this. this is not a small tweak…. this is ridicolous. morons…..

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Time warp nerf makes sense. Mesmers are great additions to any dungeon without time warp, but time warp made them a staple of any relatively organized group anywhere in PvE.

Rangers probably got hit the hardest out of this change…which doesn’t make sense since they were in a lackluster position with dps anyways. The only offset to the nerf was a 1 second buff to QZ, which is only one of their sources of quickness.

Quickness Changes

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Quickness was way too strong. Durations will probably get tweaked going forward.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Quickness was way too strong. Durations will probably get tweaked going forward.

I agree with this. Personally, I’d rather see the dps loss from quickness going away offset other ways, such as by increasing the damage of a primary skill or something.

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

It hit’s beastmaster rangers the hardest again because swapping pets was a good opportunity to be actually helpful in pvp but no.
kitten rangers
DESTROOOOOOOY THEEEEEEEEEM
- Anet

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Count me among the confused Sigil of Rage users. It was pretty bad but still fun. It is now completely useless. I really don’t understand why they looked beyond controlled sources of Quickness for this nerf.

Quickness Changes

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

some of the timers were changed just not in patch notes. Time warp is 10 secs now, it used to be 8 i believe, still feels boring now though

Quickness Changes

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Time warp was the ONLY source of quickness in need of nerf.

On a side note, hopefully CoF farming will at least get slowed down a bit now, although I’m not optimistic.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Quickness Changes

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Quickness Changes

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

some of the timers were changed just not in patch notes. Time warp is 10 secs now, it used to be 8 i believe, still feels boring now though

time warp has always been 10 secs.
atleast mesmer can use their other awesome elite now more to instead of being the tw bot

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

Quickness Changes

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

my favorite was the pet swap quickned rofl-stomp in spvp…

it really did need to be balanced im surprised it took so long.