Quickness change very bad

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Quickness was not only used for dps but also to help revive other players faster, build siege faster, and repair gates faster.

This change really slows the game down in my opinion.

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

shoulda been PVP only

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

It still does all that faster. Just not as overpowerdly-faster as it used to.

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Oh no, my berserker build now requires thought and skill because I can’t down someone in less than 3 seconds if they get CC’d.

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

It was garbage and it really feels like the overall nerf to quickness was done because of time warp and the CoF farm. So that they could prevent the easy grinding of money and gear. This would nerf ectoplasm gain as well from CoF token exchanges.

This would make it so you have to play the game longer for things such as the legendary weapons. This in my opinion is a very rotten thing to do and is slowing pushing the game toward that like a second job mark if you ever hope to be relevant for content before it is pushed aside for new content.

The PvP change excuse really doesn’t really fly as the Anet team has shown they have the power and know how to make skills act differently in a PvP setting over a PvE setting. Which could have been done for the few skills that were truly broken in PvP.

Also Time Warp as a skill could have been changed so that other classes such as the Ranger which -DEPENDED- on quickness to be relevant as a DPS CLASS at ALL. Would have not have had a LARGE CHUNK of their dps ripped away from them! People already didn’t want many classes like the Ranger over others and now with this nerf…. The warrior pulls even further ahead for really bad reasons.

Really bad call on Anets part.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I main a mesmer, and I thought the Time Warp skill was too powerful. And you know a skill is too powerful when people insist you take it with you, even if you’d enjoy taking another skill in its place.

I’ve seen time and again people saying that if you’re not using Time Warp, you’re playing the game wrong as a mesmer. That’s a sure sign the skill is OP.

At least some people will be able to run CoF again with a pug now, that weren’t able to before.

There’s more to balancing again than the concern of a couple of individuals. People who complain about changes like this are looking at trees, not the forest. Anet is responsible for the forest.

One last thing. If nerfing a single skill that can only be used once every three minutes is the cause of such rage, it was OP anyway.

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

It was garbage and it really feels like the overall nerf to quickness was done because of time warp and the CoF farm. So that they could prevent the easy grinding of money and gear. This would nerf ectoplasm gain as well from CoF token exchanges.

If it was a change because of CoF farming they should have left rangers out the change, they never get invited to dungeouns

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

I just run with guildies and never have a problem :-D and yes I play a ranger.

Posted by: Prowlinger.4213

Prowlinger.4213

More fun chipped away from the game…

Posted by: RAIN.1238

RAIN.1238

The quickness nerf really irritates me, mostly because time warp. It’s not an over powered skill, it has a 210 second cool down, which is huge! When running dungeons you’re lucky to get it off once in a boss fight. Sure it doubles damage output, or anything else being done in that area, but once its over, you’re right back to trying to survive and deal damage. If something forces you out of its’ AoE it has 0 use. The reason a lot of people want a Mesmer to have it when grouped and running together, is because it is arguably the most beneficial skill for the group. Quite frankly the reduction won’t fix anything that ANet was hoping to achieve, and just because one quickness skill might be considered “OP”, doesn’t mean you nerf them all.

-HoD- [EVIL]
| Rainin Ash | Asher Nicole |

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I have no real issues with the change, however Time Warp should have had a CD decrease.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

It should get a longer duration like the quickness on ranger and thief.

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I main a mesmer, and I thought the Time Warp skill was too powerful. And you know a skill is too powerful when people insist you take it with you, even if you’d enjoy taking another skill in its place.

I’ve seen time and again people saying that if you’re not using Time Warp, you’re playing the game wrong as a mesmer. That’s a sure sign the skill is OP.

At least some people will be able to run CoF again with a pug now, that weren’t able to before.

There’s more to balancing again than the concern of a couple of individuals. People who complain about changes like this are looking at trees, not the forest. Anet is responsible for the forest.

One last thing. If nerfing a single skill that can only be used once every three minutes is the cause of such rage, it was OP anyway.

Read the other posts. Many classes have quickness mechanics built in that offered short burst dps increases and were needed to do their job. The nerf changed more then time warp. Think and read before you speak.

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Time Warp was OP in the sense that most elites in this game are utterly useless, so having an elite skill that is character defining is definitely well outside the usual bounds.

That said, I don’t mind the nerf to Time Warp nearly as much – tack a bit more duration on, slash the cooldown, and you’ll have a mighty fine skill. You could clean this one up with 3 minutes of work.