Quit moaning about monthly/dailys

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

Come on guys, you all moan yet you all do them anyway.

If you dont want to do them, dont do them lol??

We all have to do stuff we dont want, im not great at WvW but if I want my Bifrost i need them badges, why moan about it.

Im just going to get on with it, hell i might even enjoy my self :P

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

(edited by Nibiru.1423)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

When now we have Laurels people are just “forced” to do it, or no laurels. And when there is something really frustrating to do in the Achiv, then people get mad.

I supose they can do some more interesting daily and monthly, to make players have more fun while doing it.

Also people complain when there is no other way to win that new Laurels. It’s the life.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

The problem with the Daily/Monthly is that the fixed achievements you need to complete will definitely include 1 or 2 tasks that will be hated to do or feel forced to do by some players just to complete it. This is not “Playing the way you want to play.” The idea of having a list of, say, 8 or 10 Daily/Monthly Achievements and then only finishing 5 of them in order to complete it would be so much better since at least, we now have the option to skip those that we really hate to do or are just a pain in the kitten to complete. We will have OPTIONS. We will not be forced or gated to do certain things if we ever want to complete the Daily/Monthly. I think they mentioned this is how they want the Dailies and Monthlies to run out eventually. Just like the Halloween Event and Wintersday Event Achievements. I got both titles and in both instances I had enough OPTIONS of Achievements I can complete and ignore the things I don’t want to do. I just wish they implement it ASAP.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Nibiru.1423

I do hope that they implement that 4 of 6 rule or whatever it was soon, maybe this will make some people more happy about doing them.

Guys im not saying that any of you dont have valid points about why you hate dailys but every other post on the forum, its getting old!!!

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

I have nothing against dailies and monthlies per se. It’s just that a non-fractals player has to log in everyday for 3 months to get maxed gear for one character. This is f2p Asian MMO level game design. Of course it’s possible that ANet has further updates for ascended item acquisition planned, in which case it’d be nice for them to comment on it or something.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Posted by: Euriczski.9103

Euriczski.9103

i am actually glad that Anet created Laurels so i don’t need to farm fotm for it.

TarnishedCoast – Dropdeadangel

Gallrvaghn.4921

I have nothing against dailies and monthlies per se. It’s just that a non-fractals player has to log in everyday for 3 months to get maxed gear for one character. This is f2p Asian MMO level game design. Of course it’s possible that ANet has further updates for ascended item acquisition planned, in which case it’d be nice for them to comment on it or something.

Exactly. It’s either content gating (run fractals) or calendar gating (complete daily and monthly for laurels) in order to get Ascended. It’s good that they another option to obtain Ascended through dailies, but it still feels rather unfair and more forced if you compare the two available means of obtaining Ascened gear currently but it’s a start. I believe improvements on the current Daily/Monthly Achievement system is on its way and we will definitely see additional means of obtaining Ascended. (This is me being too hopeful.) Patience is a virtue so they say.

Posted by: Kaiarra.7641

Kaiarra.7641

i am actually glad that Anet created Laurels so i don’t need to farm fotm for it.

Yeah… shame they didn’t remove fractals/dungeons from the monthly so I still won’t be completing it.

WTB four soloable options for the monthly; don’t care if they leave the fractals option in but I wish they’d at least offer an alternative to forced group content.

Nibiru.1423

I do see your points thou, if the next peice of ascended gear that came out required me to go PvP every day i would probably be moaning too.

I guessing if you really feel strongly about it, and you all make one forum post and get lots of replys and make it huge then you have more chance of being noticed instead of random rants every other post.??

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

I do see your points thou, if the next peice of ascended gear that came out required me to go PvP every day i would probably be moaning too.

I guessing if you really feel strongly about it, and you all make one forum post and get lots of replys and make it huge then you have more chance of being noticed instead of random rants every other post.??

Well there are always going to be random rants about everything. I think a lot of people will stop complaining if ANet actually makes ascended items obtainable everywhere, rather than the poorly thought out laurels for dailies system. Consider that there will probably be more ascended items within 3 months. Log in everyday for the foreseeable future, everyone! Instead of complicating things by adding more currencies or what not, ANet should just make laurels purchasable with karma, badges of honor and glory.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know. Last month it was 7 fractals. I completed them in one day, leaving me 29 days to play the way I wanted. It wasn’t that hard. Sure it’s annoying if you’re not a big dungeon guy (and I’m not), but it’s also not like it’s that hard.

Five dungeons this month take longer than 7 fractals last month, but you know, it’s like a bit over 1 dungeon a week. With a halfway decent group, AC takes about half an hour to complete. You can make that run five times if you like. That’s about 2.5 hours to do part of your monthly.

Is it annoying? For some people, I’m sure it is. But it’s a big reward, it requires a bit of sacrifice. Play with friends and try to have a good time, and it might not be as bad as you think.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

quit moaning about them moaning….wait wut?

Irony…. xD

Posted by: derekisazombie.2359

derekisazombie.2359

Gotta love mmo gamers. Love to hate on the things they love. Low self esteem issues i guess.

Posted by: kurtdg.2370

kurtdg.2370

I’ve never really been a fan of daily tasks honestly.

If it were up to me, dailies would be totally based upon what the player wants to do.

Say you log on, and all you want to do is check out the TP, or maybe you want to go run a couple dungeons, no prob! If that’s not your cup of tea, no worries. You could do some map exploration, level some alts, or play some pvp. Anyone could do any of these and still be credited with daily rewards, and it’s really pretty simple.

Currently, the average daily shouldn’t take more than an hour for even the most casual players. So, instead of making dailies requiring to do x, y, and z…just simply make them time based.

You log in and play for one hour, and do what YOU the player wants to do. Congratulations!! You just earned your daily.

Problem solved

Nibiru.1423

lol that lines been about since forums began, get some new material kid!

Bothered to read some of my replies, guess not!. Im actually on there side but 50 posts about the same thing is getting old :P

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

If it were up to me, dailies would be totally based upon what the player wants to do.

Say you log on, and all you want to do is check out the TP, or maybe you want to go run a couple dungeons, no prob! If that’s not your cup of tea, no worries. You could do some map exploration, level some alts, or play some pvp. Anyone could do any of these and still be credited with daily rewards, and it’s really pretty simple.

Currently, the average daily shouldn’t take more than an hour for even the most casual players. So, instead of making dailies requiring to do x, y, and z…just simply make them time based.

You log in and play for one hour, and do what YOU the player wants to do. Congratulations!! You just earned your daily.

Problem solved

So the solution to the “Daily Problem” is a one hour timer? Logging on completes the daily? Unbelievable.

Gallrvaghn.4921

Problem solved

So the solution to the “Daily Problem” is a one hour timer? Logging on completes the daily? Unbelievable.

Other MMOs actually do that. LOL

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

“soloable” translates to “easy” and that’s all that anyone cares about. They can’t be bothered to take the time to achieve anything.

Dungeons or WvW require people to work with other people and oftentimes actually present a challenge.

There’s very little solo content that requires any sort of skill. Jumping puzzles are solo, but everyone complains so much about them because they’re actually hard sometimes. People just want it easier is all, and it’s really lazy and entitled.

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Agree with you 100% OP. The mentality I see predominantly on these forums is:

“I dislike something minor. Better start a thread about it.”

Whilst constructive discourse is a great thing, most of the threads don’t come even close to constructive.

Hellkaiser.6025

lol that lines been about since forums began, get some new material kid!

Bothered to read some of my replies, guess not!. Im actually on there side but 50 posts about the same thing is getting old :P

I use it because i’m that old…. I was around when it began… :P /tooldforthiskitten

Look you’re using contradictory logic, making a forum thread telling them to stop won’t change anything unless your name is in red and has an A-Net logo. they won’t do it because they know aside from very “detached” sounding responses reds won’t touch the complaint threads out of fear of being asked questions and not being able to answer. xD

@Fiennes: They’re not responding though, sure I may be wrong in saying they’re afraid of answering but honestly… you can see where at this point the condescension is kinda irksome at this point “perceived changes” etc etc. If you ignore folks this happens.

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

The problem with the Daily/Monthly is that the fixed achievements you need to complete will definitely include 1 or 2 tasks that will be hated to do or feel forced to do by some players just to complete it. This is not “Playing the way you want to play.” The idea of having a list of, say, 8 or 10 Daily/Monthly Achievements and then only finishing 5 of them in order to complete it would be so much better since at least, we now have the option to skip those that we really hate to do or are just a pain in the kitten to complete. We will have OPTIONS. We will not be forced or gated to do certain things if we ever want to complete the Daily/Monthly. I think they mentioned this is how they want the Dailies and Monthlies to run out eventually. Just like the Halloween Event and Wintersday Event Achievements. I got both titles and in both instances I had enough OPTIONS of Achievements I can complete and ignore the things I don’t want to do. I just wish they implement it ASAP.

Errmmm did I miss something… did ANET force and demand we do daily’s / monthly’s.. in which case I think I may be due a few lashes from them for my disobedience…

If you actually read back to yourself what you wrote, then you might of spotted your minor error… YOUR NOT FORCED so why whine about it, go do other stuff that interests you more – problem solved!

Hellkaiser.6025

Errmmm did I miss something… did ANET force and demand we do daily’s / monthly’s.. in which case I think I may be due a few lashes from them for my disobedience…

If you actually read back to yourself what you wrote, then you might of spotted your minor error… YOUR NOT FORCED so why whine about it, go do other stuff that interests you more – problem solved!

Oh look, it’s THIS response again… Give it a rest will ya? this thread even rightly complains about the whingeing even if it IS redundant. Adding this tired and rubbish old chestnut really is just stupid.

No one HAS to do anything in a friggin computer game, you don’t even HAVE to turn it on or log into it etc, what he means is that if he’s not working towards a GOAL then he feels he’s wasting his time and making no PROGRESS even if said PROGRESS is just AESTHETIC. So by not doing said calendar gated garbage which is bad enough as it is, he is making less PROGRESS which I’m confident he’s of the kind to consider as one of the core aspects of what he considers FUN for him. Now do you understand why telling him “it’s all optional dude” is a completely asinine response?

Lol dude, what will complain and moan about everything will improve anything in your reallife? Nothing, only atenttion kittens will come. So no use on complain. You dont like the monthly? Dont get the monthly. Just grow up.
Ah btw, there were already kids crying on this topic. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-do-not-like-the-Feb-monthlys/page/2#post1347739
Now its two topics with the same QQ. Time to work mods

“QQ”

“Kids”

“whine”

the antagonism is strong with this one, originality however, is not.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

As the self-proclaimed laziest man on earth, I find the dailies to be extremely easy so far. Takes me like 20 mins, tops, to get it done. In fact, the only thing I can’t get done just doing the things I normally do in game is the crafting, and for that I just craft 10 Bronze ingots which takes 10 seconds.

The monthly can be annoying, especially when it is WvW kills and your server is getting smashed atm, but even then people are being way too dramatic about it.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Lol dude, what will complain and moan about everything will improve anything in your reallife? Nothing, only atenttion kittens will come. So no use on complain. You dont like the monthly? Dont get the monthly. Just grow up.

Ah btw, there were already kids crying on this topic. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-do-not-like-the-Feb-monthlys/page/2#post1347739

Now its two topics with the same QQ. Time to work mods[/quote]

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Agree i’ve played multiple Asian MMO’s that were easier on the player than this, Runes of Magic, Rf Online and Perfect World all hard core Grinders, you don’t like them? sure but at least we saw reward in open world in them..

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Sorry, I have never tried to quote on this forum, thus the need for an edit.

First of all, I am in my 50s. I know all about real life. I know that sometimes you just have to man up and try to find a silver lining to doing things you really do not want to do, but I also know people are not mind readers and expressing your dislike of something can sometimes bring change.

I don’t see moaning here, I see people, like me, who do not like or want forced teaming, and they are saying so…trying to get their voices heard.

Aw Kitten, I just wrote a long post and deleted it.

The gist of what I want to say is I think everyone will be pretty much happy if the forced teaming stuff was left out of the monthlies.

Happy players is equal to a thriving game.

Now, have to get ready for work.

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

The monthly achievements will change, go figure, every month…. If people will complain every month we might need a separate forum section.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I am so sick of the dungeon push of this game it is unbelievable. Didnt do fracs so no reward. Wont do dungeons either so no monthly reward again this month.
This just great – play ANETS dungeon grinder game or dont play at all.

Why bother with making other content if that is all you want people to do?
I dont get it.
How about not forcing people to do dungeon content cause they well DONT LIKE IT.
stop making monthlies back to back to back about this please.

Posted by: tah.1980

tah.1980

No I don’t. I refuse to use ill-conceived, incomplete systems. I have been boycotting FotM since its release too for instance.

Dailies was one of the last things I still did with any regularity. Now this experience has been ruined for me. This may sound over dramatic, but it’s how I feel about it.

ANet made a mistake. Again.
They released another game feature incomplete (like the ascendance gear/FotM fiasco). Again.

I don’t understand them. You’d think they would have learned from their mistakes.

Posted by: Saxon.1908

Saxon.1908

Im just going to get on with it, hell i might even enjoy my self :P

“Quick Guys, He’s enjoying himself! Grab your pitchfalks, we can’t let someone have any fun!”

:D

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Why are they not allowed to moan, but you are allowed to moan about them?

Posted by: Kenney.2863

Kenney.2863

People always cry when there is little then no effort required to get their gear, pathetic. “I want to play my way!!!” is the QQ that has been over used for this game, because now everyone thinks they are entitled for something in this game to match exactly what they want.

Don’t do the Laurels then….simple solution and stop wasting good forum space by QQ’ing about every little update you don’t see that matches perfectly to your play style.

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

No I don’t. I refuse to use ill-conceived, incomplete systems. I have been boycotting FotM since its release too for instance.

Dailies was one of the last things I still did with any regularity. Now this experience has been ruined for me. This may sound over dramatic, but it’s how I feel about it.

ANet made a mistake. Again.
They released another game feature incomplete (like the ascendance gear/FotM fiasco). Again.

I don’t understand them. You’d think they would have learned from their mistakes.

If you think Anet will just mail you items without you lifting a finger you are sadly delusional.

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

I really like the new dailies. Gives me something to work toward. I even started doing stuff I usually wouldn’t, like crafting. Thank you, Anet.

Nibiru.1423

I really like the new dailies. Gives me something to work toward. I even started doing stuff I usually wouldn’t, like crafting. Thank you, Anet.

Yup me too, and working towards Bifrost got me playing WvW more, and its fun.

Why are they not allowed to moan, but you are allowed to moan about them?

Another original thinker :P

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I’m happy – I hate dungeons in this game, so this guy right here is stoked!

Thanks Arena-Net!

Now, plz fix the dungeons

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Problem solved

LOL, NOOOO!!!!

That is just rediculous. So how long should the monthly take? 30 hours? The daily/monthly gives us something to do. It isn’t that hard and you get stuff while you are doing them. Not sure why they are a big deal.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: kurtdg.2370

kurtdg.2370

Problem solved

LOL, NOOOO!!!!

That is just rediculous. So how long should the monthly take? 30 hours? The daily/monthly gives us something to do. It isn’t that hard and you get stuff while you are doing them. Not sure why they are a big deal.

That’s totally fair, and I understand, but I still disagree.

The way I see dailies are different. In sense, they are a perk to log on each day. For every new reset, the daily rewards are re-available to everyone who decides to log in and play the game. I wouldn’t want to generalize about ANET’s overall master plan, but I’m sure, somewhere within that plan, players logging in is most definitely in there!

Make dailies time-based. It opens the incentive to every type of player out there. Even that “guy” who all they do is log in, puts on his town clothes, and dances for 2 hours a day…..yes, even that guy is appreciated!

The person who logs in and runs 20 dungeons, and falls asleep on there keyboard.

The person who spends all day harvesting and enjoys to brew up all sorts of tasty treats.

Call it player appreciation, or whatever, just don’t call it player satisfaction because we all know that’s impossible. :p

I wish I could respond about your monthly assumption Ruprect, but I have no idea, and hadn’t thought about it honestly.