RE: Announcement about Bag/Character Slots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Can you not just go:

if(numSlots == 8 )
showDialog(“Sorry, you cannot use more slots! <3”);

Surely this would prevent people buying more bank/bag slots than they can use?

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

There’s just something really bad about not having checks and balances in an e-commerce associated with a game with limitations like this.

You can have 8 bags per character but we’re not going to idiot proof this because MOAR MONIES!!
We’re not going to even tell you how many character slots you can have either muwahahahahaha!!!

Listen Anet, there are just some things you HAVE TO DO to avoid unnecessary use of your support system, this is one of those things. If you don’t idiot proof your purchasing system, some idiot will complain after the fact.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Ha, man, I sure am glad I am not the only one who finds it a bit... dumb to allow people to keep purchasing unlocks beyond the limit set in the game.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I am not sure what to make of this. I bought mine ages ago. It wasn’t possible to overbuy then. To buy a slot you have to click on the lock (on the bags and bank). When the limit is reached, no more locks appear.

What is the system now?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I am not sure what to make of this. I bought mine ages ago. It wasn’t possible to overbuy then. To buy a slot you have to click on the lock (on the bags and bank). When the limit is reached, no more locks appear.

What is the system now?

Good question, i also wondered about that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

What this means is simply that you shouldn’t buy 6 bank slots if you only need 4. Don’t spend more than you can afford. Like don’t buy bag slots if you never run out of bag space (I don’t)

Why people always want to read negatively into very neutral statements is beyond me.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I bought a bank slot with the sale because I thought I had one more to get.

But I had all slots apparently.

Support was quick to refund, but yeah, the gem shop should say “HEY! WAIT JUST A GOSH DARN MINUTE! You already have all the slots you can use. What kind of shenanigans are you trying to pull here? HUH HUH!?!”

But yeah, if you bought them, put a support request for a refund. They were quite willing to help in that regard.

And the system if you buy via gem shop is that you get a game mail with a consumable that you double click to get a bank slot. Account bound.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Previously you had to click on the lock icon on your inventory or bank tab to buy slots so it was an in-game coded thing with checks.
What you can do now is buy them on the gem store, which is a website embedded into the game without hooks into the game client so they may not (currently) have the ability to code the checks and balances for the gem store. This was an oversight which should be fixed as soon as possible.

Posted by: Damai.1947

Damai.1947

This is typically an exploit from Arenanet to get free gems.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

What is the system now?

The system is the same. When I bought my last bank slot, the little lock icon on the bottom right disappeared. (edit: meant to say I just did this about an hour ago)

I have no idea what Anet is talking about when they say “don’t over buy”.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

What is the system now?

The system is the same. When I bought my last bank slot, the little lock icon on the bottom right disappeared. (edit: meant to say I just did this about an hour ago)

It’s because for the sale you can buy them right from the Gem Shop.

Previously you had to click on the lock icon on your inventory or bank tab to buy slots so it was an in-game coded thing with checks.
What you can do now is buy them on the gem store, which is a website embedded into the game without hooks into the game client so they may not (currently) have the ability to code the checks and balances for the gem store. This was an oversight which should be fixed as soon as possible.

This is accurate. It’s a coding flaw, but since they have a clear track record of refunding people who did buy over the limit, despite the explicit warning, it’s basically just a case of extra work for themselves to counteract carelessness rather than anything remotely close to a big deal.

This is typically an exploit from Arenanet to get free gems.

An “exploit?” Hahaha…

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

What this means is simply that you shouldn’t buy 6 bank slots if you only need 4. Don’t spend more than you can afford. Like don’t buy bag slots if you never run out of bag space (I don’t)

Why people always want to read negatively into very neutral statements is beyond me.

Huh.. what are you preaching about… is it Sunday already!
No one said anythng about purchasing something they did not need and players spending habits are actually no business of yours.
What the OP and others are discussing is the sale of Bank/Bag Space on the TP.
Originally you simply clicked on the unlock symbol for bank space and it would automaticaly update your bank tabs if you had enuff gems… if you buy them ivia the TP as per their SALE you can simply carry on purchasing bank slots and bag slots even after maxing your allotted space and find you cant use what you bought.
Some players may not be aware of the limitations and use the TP as their choice of purchase tool rather than the unlock symbol..
EDIT – No idea why these forums still keep duplicating parts of posts…

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

What is the system now?

It’s because for the sale you can buy them right from the Gem Shop.

That should be completely removed from the gem shop. Clicking on the ‘locks’ for bank or bag space makes sense. I can see how someone can make a mistake buying them from the gem shop.

Remove them from the shop and the problem is solved Anet.