Remove Outfits

Remove Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Why have costumes like outfits in game, its just a lazy way to pump out gem store items . We need more armour in game so stop wasting time and styles on outfits instead of making awesome new armours. Example, The Balthazar outfit could have been 6 completely awesome armour pieces able to be mix and matched with other in game sets to make something personalised and amazing but instead its a costume with every player with 20 achievement points on their account is running around in. costumes serve no purpose! OR at the very least make an armour option of each because I personally would buy them all if they had use other than hiding actual other armour.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Being that their business model revolves around outfits in store and armour in game, I don’t think your wish is going to come true.

That’s not me taking away your feedback mind you, just ensuring you understand where things are at.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, for some reason they feel that ugly outfits don’t sell as well as cool looking or beautiful outfits. If that decision ever reverses I’m sure they’ll put in outfits that absolutely no one would ever want as an armor. Until then, I suspect they’ll continue on the path they’ve chosen.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Example, The Balthazar outfit could have been 6 completely awesome armour pieces able to be mix and matched with other in game sets to make something personalised and amazing but instead its a costume with every player with 20 achievement points on their account is running around in. costumes serve no purpose!

1. Not really sure what AP has to do with having a costume.

2. True it could be pretty awesome to make it individual armor pieces, but the amount of work to do that vs the amount of work to make an outfit is significantly more. As long as the outfits sell, I suspect we will see more of them.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And what will you tell the people who like having the option of outfits?

New players and players leveling up alts or new mains may love outfits. Great way to make characters look good and matching without needing transmutation charges.

Hopefully, HoT will offer a wide variety of new armor skins.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Cryformercy.3056

Cryformercy.3056

I personally don’t mind the outfits. Its very useful when you have low level char, like for example medium armor, which always are so ugly and you don’t want to spend transmutation charges. But its sad, that there is no balance, like one was released outfit, another is armor, so there is more variations. And yes, definitely we need more new armors, like everything is so overused and like nothing new quite long time. New armors with nice dyes and details, well at least for the changes

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

They lose all their meaning when everyone and their mum got it
players want prestige gear which is expensive or time consuming no bullkitten

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

No please keep outfits. Thanks.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

I just hate that outfits cant be worn in pieces. You have to wear the full outfit without the option to customize

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They don’t lose meaning because there are so many outfits and you can only wear one of at time. So while a lot of people may where the newest outfit, people like me can swap in and out of older outfits.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Which “players” are you speaking for? You certainly are not speaking for me. I prefer outfits or armours, whatever they be that looks good and suits my particular char. I guess you could say I do very limited role play with my chars. Not in how they play the game or act with other players, but just how I think of him as a char with some background maybe and I try to express that somewhat through his char look.

I don’t need/want “prestige” or grinded out gear that will take 5 years to get. Pssssst just a tip for you, no one besides you thinks you are cool or better than anyone else because you have that certain cool leg weapon or super cool armour/wep/backpiece skin. So with saying that, have them for YOU and not OTHER people. Honestly, I’m not joking, other people don’t care what YOU look like, they care what THEY look like. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Remove Outfits

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

They need to fix 3 really big problem in order for any of this to actually look and feel right.

1. Fix the kitten animation clipping with the various stances. This occurs on such a fundamental level, thats its been blatantly obvious that the art team only uses standing models in their design process.

2. Implement a better looking cloth physics system. It doesn’t need to be ultra realistic, but the movement animations on some outfits (including armors) is really terrible in motion. The insane clipping of Female monk arm wraps leads me to believe THAT is why we never got capes.

3. Redesign the UI and costume system to layer (ie replace) certain pieces “over” a base outfit. We have the ability to hide gloves, shoulders and helmet; it would be too hard to apply these same concepts to how costumes works.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

There’s still less than 10% of the skins that are actually Outfits I believe. Outfits are a great way to level a character without having to use loads of Transmutation Charges to look good during the levelling process.

So let’s not get rid of them completely – they are useful. We could do with a few more armours though, but that’ll all probably come in abundance when HoT is released.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Remove Outfits

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

My Guardian is now able to wear the garments of her great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother thanks to outfits. I could go for some more armor sets, but I’m fine with having outfits as well.

“Prestige” is that never-ending carrot on a stick that is only held for a moment and ultimately gives you nothing.

Attachments:

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

It’s ok to sell gemstore skins, but I think if they made those “outfits” as seperate pieced armors it would be better. (Like primeval skin set, etc..)
It would be better for mix & match.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

I say let them make outfits, because the fact that the game is free, they need to make money somehow. So if they make money off of the outfits then leave them be. But I will agree with you on the fact that we need more armor styles, many of the 1-70 armors pretty much all look very similar.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Once upon a time there was a buy to play game that was making its money off the ingame store. One of the things this game sold was armor. Yes, gentle reader, armor. And guess what happened when they sold armor in the store. Well, you might not believe this, but there were many threads in that game’s forum crying out about the wickedness of selling armor in the store. After a while, the game listened to its players and said, “we will stop selling armor and start selling outfits instead. The armor, we will put in game as a reward for doing new content.”

Now, of course this means that new content needs to be made to have the armor as a reward. And here is the twist to the story.

This game used to put out regular new, temporary content. However there were many posts crying out about the wickedness of temporary content and asking for an expansion instead. So the game listened to its players and stopped putting out the temporary new content (that would have had the new armor in the old system) and started working on an expansion instead.

So there you have it. The players are happy now. No armors in the gem store and they get them as a reward for completing new content (whenever it comes out).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

My only issue is that now we have outfits which are one-size-fit-all-professions, why the heck can’t we have armour pieces that are not confined to light-medium-heavy?

Yes, I know that most armours are designed to work with other armours of the class and wont mesh with others. But please let US decide what works and what does not!

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

at the very least make an armour option of each because I personally would buy them all if they had use other than hiding actual other armour.

This is a valid complaint of costumes, IMO. I really would prefer to have all those costumes function as armor pieces so I can recolor and mix with other armor to make something unique looking.

For example, the noble outfit … while it would be a no-brainer to be able to use the top hat or monocle headgear with that fancy looking suit, you can’t, because its an outfit. That is counter-intuitive.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

They don’t lose meaning because there are so many outfits and you can only wear one of at time. So while a lot of people may where the newest outfit, people like me can swap in and out of older outfits.

Its called PRESTIGE its the same in all games even real world people pay extra for gucci or other brands to show how leet they are not just how it looks
that will be my final reply i speak for a lot of players not all.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

… the fact that the game is free…

No, no it’s not. It’s B2P.

That being said I’m more than happy to support a game that I enjoy with buying the odd knick knack every now and then.

I like outfits for the simple reason that I don’t have to keep transmuting my gear all the way to level 80 to look semi-decent.

I like armor skins because mix-and-matching is the real game at 80.

I would love to see more armor skins come out, but I would also love to see the outfits become available as armor skins as well.

Give us more of everything Anet, not just outfits.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Remove Outfits

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Nope. I actually like outfits a lot. Keep them coming Anet!

Though I DO think they need to put out more armor sets.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

If people don’t want stupid outfits then people should stop buying stupid outfits. Until then Anet will keep pushing them through the gemstore.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Okay so the following things would make everyone happy:

1 – Have outfits be how they used to be so that we could mix and match them.

2 – Have those outfits as well as other purchased gem store “armours” be free to transmute (like all the gw1 skins are).

3 – Bring in more “armours” and “outfits”.

Problems solved?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Remove Outfits

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Outfits for the Gem Shop (Game revenue)
Armor in Game (player retention)

Learn to accept it, for Anet’s course is set.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

So much great feedback so thanks all but back to the point, its not that I don’t want outfits exactly, its that I want outfits I can choose which pieces I use at any given time and have the option to colour. If I wanted to have balthazars helm with the new monk shoulders and assassin’s greaves I could. That’s what gets me. Have a copy past look like everyone else that spent a few gems isn’t good enough. Just create outfits as sets with individual parts not here you go put on a sheet!

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Maya.8715

Maya.8715

I live the new monk outfit. Reminds me of my monk from back in GW1. Some outfits will certainly pleasant for roleplayers. I bought most outfits, except those I don’t like. Spending on outfits is what probably gives the most money to Arenanet and has artists working on the occasional fun thing.

In other words, KEEP THE OUTFITS!!!

Win 7 Ultimate//ASUS P5Q Pro//
PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST Edition//Intel Core 2 Duo E8500//8 Gigs or DDR2 RAM//240 GB SSD

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

How about this, Mr. OP:

They start making the 6-piece armor sets. They have a very low drop rate and can only be obtained a special way. That way is a new Fractal or Dungeon. And that method is going to be added in once every 3-6 months. Oh, just to afford the upkeep of it, the developers are going to start charging $15 monthly subscription for the game; no more buy-2-play. Deal?

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Felblade.8701

Felblade.8701

How about bring an armor piece version and outfit version of the same skin, and make everyone happy.

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

The reason why Anet can make lots of outfits is because they’re much easier than armor. The trade-off for them being a single piece (and thus not “mix and matcheable”) is that they can be worn by all characters and not just slotted for a specific armor class.

Making them separate pieces would require a great deal of work and if they were to do so, they’d either have to do it for a single weight class or three times over (as armors are meshed differently based on armor weight which is why you can’t even preview different armor weights at once). So the trade-off for “mix and match” would be fewer armors and armors tied to specific professions (or three versions of the same armor or a single “pack” that would contain all three weights but cost three times as much).

Remove Outfits

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

What? You want me to remove my outfits?

Are you coming on to me?!?

But seriously, I like outfits. It would be nice if they could be a little more customizable, but being able to change the appearances of my characters quickly without having to use transmutation charges is way too handy to give up.

Add to that the fact that I have 32 characters, and that outfits can be used by sub-80 characters while leveling up (so I don’t have to stare at their bland, look-alike leveling armor all the way to 80), and I consider outfits some of the best values in the gem store.

I think what’s really going on here is you want more armor skins, so you’re lashing out at outfits.

Why not just ask for more armor skins?

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka