RNG And Precursor Drops

RNG And Precursor Drops

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tac.6304

Tac.6304

I have played gw2 across all characters for 3,099 hours 4 minutes over the past 376 days. I have thrown more than 600g + worth of gold and mats into the mystic forge hoping to get a bloody precursor, and all i ever got was fracking junk. WTF !!

The game is awesome, love the feature pack etc. but the RNG and pre drop is just too frustrating and stressful. I’m immensely disappointed. GG well done.

P.S.
Yes, I know I’m kittening :P
But I sincerely hope Anet would change how the precursors and RNG b*ll kitten work in game if not gl to fellow gamers who have the same or worst RNG.

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

I have played gw2 across all characters for 3,099 hours 4 minutes over the past 376 days. I have thrown more than 600g + worth of gold and mats into the mystic forge hoping to get a bloody precursor, and all i ever got was fracking junk. WTF !!

The game is awesome, love the feature pack etc. but the RNG and pre drop is just too frustrating and stressful. I’m immensely disappointed. GG well done.

P.S.
Yes, I know I’m kittening :P
But I sincerely hope Anet would change how the precursors and RNG b*ll kitten work in game if not gl to fellow gamers who have the same or worst RNG.

They’ll give us precursor crafting eventually. They keep coming up with ideas that will implement it and then they scrap them. Been done like 2-3 times now

Also: In before someone else is like: IF THEY MAKE PRECURSOR CRAFTING IT WILL STILL BE EXPENSIVE!!! BLAH BLEH BLEH!

^ Seriously, stop killing our buzz with this you jerks.

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I would add a selectable precursor to 10k AP chest. Another at 20k.
Seems fair to me. Most of people aren’t interested in getting AP anyway.
Zenith skinpack isn’t common for a reason.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Tac.6304

Tac.6304

Precursor crafting sounds much better than RNG bull kitten, cause its something definite and doesnt involve “luck”.

Precursor from AP chest is a good suggestion xD

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

RNG is a disastrous way to get a precursor. The current state and prices of precursors more than prove that. They should add to personal story. That was such a big selling point to the game, and nobody cares or even hardly remembers it once it’s done. Make another one as an add on available that upon completion grants a precursor of choice, which players can do what they want with (sell or create). That way everyone can truly get one if they want and can actually make their legendary after the mat grind if complete.

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

When devs say they don’t want to hurt the economy my brain explodes a little. Who’s economy are they protecting?

Precursor acquisition needs to be completely redesigned.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

There seems to be a common misconception as to what “not hurt the economy” means. Of course this is something the devs have to keep in mind while making up a crafting system, and it’s understandable. But it’s not to protect precursor flippers, or the 0.1% richest people in the game.

As it happens, the mystic forge is the single most important gold sink in the game. The higher the price of precursors, the more gold people are willing to flush down the toilet, which again counteracts inflation. Inflation is poison for any ingame-economy, so limiting it is one of the priorities of the economist(s) working for Anet.

Making precursor crafting to easy would lead to nobody flushing down gold in the mystic forge, and inflation will occur at a faster rate than now. That’s what they meant by “not hurting the economy”.

That being said, the Devs aren’t stupid either. They know that making precursor crafting almost as costly as buying them from tp is pointless, because in that case people could just buy them from there instead.

My guess is they are looking into other ways of limiting the amount of precursors players can craft. This can be done, as some have suggested, by adding a “token” that’s needed in the process to the 5k and 10k achievment chests. If you want more legendaries than that, you would still have to use the mystic forge or tp.

There also was a picture that appeared a year ago that seems to confirm this method.

Disclaimer: This is very old, it was never official, developers have officially called it a fake, and even if there as a bit of truth in it, we were recently told they moved away from the original crafting. The only purpose this serves is to show how one could effectively limit the amount of precursors crafted, without making it cost a fortune.

http://www.anonmgur.com/up/35f006a758eb2595f7a1f7db174ecd59.jpg

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

They need to design new gold sinks, the whole economy should **NOT*** be only about precursors. Legendaries shouldn’t be sellable in the first place.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Last night, guildies had a party and pulled out a total of 10 precursors from the forge. One got 5 in total, which are about 2.5k worth of values out of his 1k flushed. A lot of us, unlucky guildies, have ragequitted (temporarily) after a ping upon ping for an hour. It’s funny how the RNGod blesses us unfairly.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

I would add a selectable precursor to 10k AP chest. Another at 20k.
Seems fair to me. Most of people aren’t interested in getting AP anyway.
Zenith skinpack isn’t common for a reason.

That’s the best idea I have seen yet:

1) Its a true measure of accomplishment in the game

2) It would cut down the gold selling market

Like many, Ive been playing since day 1 and have over 3000 hours played. Level
300 in WvW and play an Ele so I get hundreds of bags. Despite all of this, Ive never
seen a precursor drop.

Now that we are on the subject, commander tags should never have been
available for gold. It proves nothing with 95% of the people who have one.

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Thanks. Thats true. Game needs challange/skill/howmutcheffortyouputin based unlocks for most of things. Until that, the key for everything will be Gold/$.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I looked yesterday and Spark price jumped to 1259g. Obviously the person selling it had a few… Because this is how it works, the precursor market is manipulated.

ANET NEEDS to do something about precursor price. I do not think crafting them is the answer, as the price of materials will also be manipulated. A flat price, 500g + 100 skill points perhaps would be the ideal.

RNG And Precursor Drops

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Played since head start. Played over 3k hours just like you. Wasted a ton of gold on the mystic forge like you. Ended up buying my precursor instead to make my legendary.

Friend came in with me at the same time. Played a little less than me how ever. Got a precursor today in edge of the mists…. It was an underwater one worth 60g.

RNG is a kitten.