RNG - Not for 4 days

RNG - Not for 4 days

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Every one of my active characters is getting almost exclusively blue and white items since Sunday.

Prior to that, a mix of everything.

It feels almost like DR timer isn’t resetting (like the guild thing that was going on).

At first, I thought it was because I was hanging out in Harathi; but even in Orr, same exact behavior.

I get RNG… RNG doesn’t last 4 days straight on 3 characters all over the open world.

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Funny, I get almost exclusively blue and white items all of the time, on all characters.

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I do not believe if ANET has ever confirmed what form of random number generator they are using. Some are sad to say less random than others especially if they used a fixed “seed” number. Over time a fixed seed will return a repeating set of numbers as explained here part way down the page under the heading “Setting Seeds”.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/28548/Pitfalls-in-Random-Number-Generation

Theftwind (HoD)

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: imbigbuck.8534

imbigbuck.8534

It’s just one of those things that happens. I normally never get exotics from Dungeons or World Bosses but over the last week I have probably gotten 7 exotics at least. A couple of week’s ago I had gotten an average of 1 ecto per 4 rare’s salvaged and now I’m getting 1-3 consistently. It’s not really a bug just a string of bad RNG luck.

Yak’s Bend [XHSA]
L80 Warrior L80 Thief L60 Mesmer

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I noticed the same last night when i was farming in Frostgorge some Arctodus. Maybe 80% was white. Can’t remember that i ever before had such a high rate of white stuff with 176% magic find.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

RNG - Not for 4 days

KarateKid.5648

Yah, I know RNG. RNG is a friend of mine. This, sir, is no RNG.

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Every one of my active characters is getting almost exclusively blue and white items since Sunday.

Prior to that, a mix of everything.

It feels almost like DR timer isn’t resetting (like the guild thing that was going on).

At first, I thought it was because I was hanging out in Harathi; but even in Orr, same exact behavior.

I get RNG… RNG doesn’t last 4 days straight on 3 characters all over the open world.

I am pretty sure RNG affects everyone every day…365 days a year.

That said, it seems you are either hitting a low dip on the luck roller coaster, or …well, there are always lots of theories around. I got a white item for a drop off a Champ in Orr last night. But, I have also been getting lots more rares and exotics dropping lately.
Always a roll of the dice. Sometimes 7, sometimes 11. =/

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: dansamy.3752

dansamy.3752

I couldn’t roll me a 7 if you gave me loaded dice.

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

no difference for me. bunch of greens, a few rares and the very rare exotic like always.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I do not believe if ANET has ever confirmed what form of random number generator they are using. Some are sad to say less random than others especially if they used a fixed “seed” number. Over time a fixed seed will return a repeating set of numbers as explained here part way down the page under the heading “Setting Seeds”.

This. So much this.

We all remember the Final Rest fiasco, right?

I’m inclined to believe that ANet devs don’t even fully understand how their RNG works. (Which would explain a lot, honestly.)

RNG - Not for 4 days

KarateKid.5648

no difference for me. bunch of greens, a few rares and the very rare exotic like always.

This is what my typical drops look like normally. Not 80% basic.

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Start praying to RNGesus so you may be blessed.

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I have always suspected they use a fixed seed. I have two “bad rng” chars. I won’t even use those two to salvage rares/exotics, waste of BL kits. EQ2 used a fixed seed.. my badluck girl there went for 2 years without a rare harvest till they increased drop rate.

If I recall correctly, the seed in GW1 was based on timestamp upon zone in to instance.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

So you can predict what drops you get? That’s cool.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I also got normal drops when i made some world bosses later. Was really just when farming normal mobs in Frostgorge. And that really was not just bad RNG when you get over 2 hours 80% whites.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

RNG - Not for 4 days

KarateKid.5648

So you can predict what drops you get? That’s cool.

It was a funny: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senator,_you%27re_no_Jack_Kennedy

RNG - Not for 4 days

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

RNG stole my bike!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.