RNG rant, im tired. soo tired.. soo cursed..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

if it wasnt for my guild who i have made lasting freindships with, and for PVP which i love regardless of meta snobs and tier snobs my group always has fun there…

i am seriously tired of being cursed with crap RNG…

was soooo happy with SAB coming back, and this was icing on the cake.. 4/5 got weapon boxes, i got nothing…

since beta launch i can count on 2 hands the good drops ive gotten…

entropy
genesis
5-6 random crap stat rings from fractals/pvp
4-5 some decent stat rings from fractals/pvp
1- tequatle horde wep box..
2 ascended armor boxes from pvp (best drops ive gotten in game) still had to convert to stats i needed..
never got any other exotic worth over 2gold..

thats it…

the only thing that keeps me playing is friends in PVP..

while everyone around me is working on their 4-8th legendary, with multiple precursor drops…..

i have played every game mode,
i am not asking for handouts.

what am i doing wrong…

am i cursed as one of the unfortunate?
would a diff acct give me better luck?

seems same thing happened in GW1, never got good drops there either…
i love this game, and its playstyle but comeon…

dont keep giving me, RNG is RNG…. sucks to be u…

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

I’m in a little better shape but not much. No clue on the exotic drops but I’m at about 4-5 ascended weapon and 1 ascended armor drop so far. I have yet to see a precursor drop. I had maxed huntsman and weapon smith both and made several ascended weapons before ever seeing the first ascended weapon drop. I can’t say that a different account would help; never tried it. The armor was a WvW drop, the weapons are all from running Teq.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

You aren’t alone! Started with Headstart… Yet to see a single Precursor or higher value exotic drop.

TONS of exotics and rares in the forge, nothing worth while to show for it. At least legendaries aren’t vertical progression so it’s not like it’s holding people down.

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I have got one Precursor – Chaos Gun, but other than that I may even be a little worse than you – ive never got any good exotics like Genesis – other than a weird drop twice in a row of Final Rest – nothing from Teq, 3 Ascended armor boxes 4 good rings.

Im due I tell ya!

(edited by Rococo.8347)

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

@OP what is your luck purcentage ? Apart from that your experience is pretty common I would say and I can relate to your experience in loots. On a side note I would also say that for me, I had better loot when making a full rotation of skills at its maximum proficiency on WBs for example but I also remember watching a stream in which a guy was playing ele for: he had no real clue how to play, barely tagged mobs in defense phase, auto-attacked a lot, didn’t make the rotation in order to stack might during the burn phase but still ended up looting a tequatl hord weapon box for his fight against tequatl….Priceless xD

black sun empress.7401

i am not asking for handouts lootwise. i am fine if i’m precursor RNG jinxed, fair enuff. i am NOT asking for pre’s to drop from the skies for everyone.. .. but if all i get are blues and greens worth merchfood silver/copper regardless of all gamemodes it’s garbage. after 3000+hrs i am tired of nickel and diming………

black sun empress.7401

@OP what is your luck purcentage ? Apart from that your experience is pretty common I would say and I can relate to your experience in loots. On a side note I would also say that for me, I had better loot when making a full rotation of skills at its maximum proficiency on WBs for example but I also remember watching a stream in which a guy was playing ele for: he had no real clue how to play, barely tagged mobs in defense phase, auto-attacked a lot, didn’t make the rotation in order to stack might during the burn phase but still ended up looting a tequatl hord weapon box for his fight against tequatl….Priceless xD

LUCK is around 250%, but is negligable, 250% of .002% is nothing

i know its just a rant. im sorry. seems everyone i know that plays the game just falls into cash/drops/skins/luck/ etc.. and im forced to buy gems to convert to gold when i want something.. i know there are tons of these posts., have a toon of very class that i rotate, and all have done everything for the most part…

(edited by black sun empress.7401)

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Have you tried the Hot pvp tracks? ive heard they give more exotics and ascended boxes – to be honest im convinced that along with the nerf to ascended drops in Fractals when Hot went live that they did the s ame to Dungeon tracks – I get whites frequently these days, and very rare to get an exotic

Miku.6297

i know its just a rant. im sorry. seems everyone i know that plays the game just falls into cash/drops/skins/luck/ etc..

How many people do you know that just fall into great drops vs those that don’t? Honestly yes I know a few people who have had some amazing luck, but they are the outliers in the RNG system, and few and far between.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

My suspicion is that your drop rates are fairly average. They’re certainly better than mine…

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

RNG is RNG. And yes, it DOES suck to be you. PVP is a game mode that has very little in the way of drops. PVE is where the vast majority are. So you want the better drops? Do pve. That being said, I’ve had… 3 hoards, 4-5 wurm chests, 5 ascended weapon boxes, around 8 ascended armor chests, and 9 precursors.

Posted by: workhorse.7614

workhorse.7614

played since open beta 3245 hrs over 1315 days, not a single pre has dropped, I played PvE 75%, WVW 15%, PVP 10% nothing, have had to grind, pay and craft everything I own; I wouldn’t be salty as much if it wasn’t for the amount of good stuff that is cash shop only, which just chisels away at my fading love for this game

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

I feel the exact same way, I’ve been playing since 2012 and have lost enough gold to the forge to make 1-2 legendaries. I’ve looted 2 precursors, one on my beta revenant which I can’t keep anyways and one on my main and that was after 3 years of playing. When I played SAB today literally everyone in my party got a skin chest drop except for me… And I also have 375% mf most of the time.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

@Aidan Savage honestly I wouldn’t say that PVP is where you have the least good loots. My best loot was in PVP personally : a purple sword-I don’t the English word – worth 80 g on TP and an ascended berzeker chest along with the occasional ascended earrings and other stuff. All of that playing hotjoin pvp with non-meta builds^^

black sun empress.7401

RNG is RNG. And yes, it DOES suck to be you. PVP is a game mode that has very little in the way of drops. PVE is where the vast majority are. So you want the better drops? Do pve. That being said, I’ve had… 3 hoards, 4-5 wurm chests, 5 ascended weapon boxes, around 8 ascended armor chests, and 9 precursors.

you seem to have some good luck then with all that listed, congratz!.

oddly enough, pvp reward tracks are where i GOT all the drops i listed above except for the teq hoarde, and a few useless rings from fractals.

and i play about 90%PVE and play 10%PVP, a few matches a day, maybe a little more on weekends….

like i said.. it’s just a rant mixed with some frustration sprinkled in there. i know nothings going to change.

Posted by: CharmedWitchery.1750

CharmedWitchery.1750

Been playing since launch, no precursors, no asc chests, the only valuable thing was exotic focus for 70 g from cof. If I wanted something, for example Eternity, I just farmed for it. If you are not lucky, you can still farm up and get what you want, so I don’t think this is a big deal.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

The thing is RNG isn’t tied on time, it is tied on tries. So you can’t really compare between players. A player who plays 10h a day for 1 month has much more possibilities for drops than a player who play 1h a week for 2 years.

Posted by: Squirrel.3761

Squirrel.3761

Not gonna lie I’m quite lucky, best way to get ascended drops is high leveled fractals (champion box) I’ve gotten many from there just by doing them once a day since the update that improved the drop rates. In all honesty not getting good drops wont hinder you too much, through doing the fractals i have been doing once per day I have picked up a lot of gold, and failing all else, the Silverwastes is sat there waiting and you can make ~20g per hour if you do it correctly I think.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My drops are rather “meh” in pve honestly. I rarely see an exotic, and I think the best one I’ve ever gotten was Bonetti’s Rapier (which is only about 3g). I have gotten 1 or 2 ascended rings from wvw rank up chests, and I’ve gotten an ascended ring and an ascended armor box from playing pvp.

shrug

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

2 ascended armor boxes from pvp (best drops ive gotten in game)

?!?!??!

Holy Crap, can I have some of that luck?

I havent played since Beta, but I have played since launch, and so far I have found:

0-0 random crap stat rings from fractals/pvp
0-0 some decent stat rings from fractals/pvp
0- tequatle horde wep box..
0 ascended armor boxes from pvp

Thats Zero. Nothing, I have found absolutely nothing.

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

Almost 7000h into the game, and only 1 precursor drop (warhorn). But since i’m doing a lot of fractals, 10 characters full ascended, with almost 20 ascended armor chests and 10 weapon chests in bank.
rng is rng…maybe you should change game mode (which is sad…)

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Almost 7000h into the game, and only 1 precursor drop (warhorn). But since i’m doing a lot of fractals, 10 characters full ascended, with almost 20 ascended armor chests and 10 weapon chests in bank.

How are your drops in high level fractals these days? Immediately after the January patch I got loads of ascended armour chests and infused rings. Quite a few golden fractal skins too. Recently, I haven’t gotten much of anything at all. Not seeing any of my team mates ping any good drops either.

Not sure if RNG or stealth nerfs at work.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I would not mind the RNG so much if there was reasonable alternate ways to get the stuff.

With precursors we got an alternate way… but the costs set are absurdly insane. Every time you reach some nice stage, you stumble upon needing things like 2200 iron ore, or 10000 elder wood. So you end up having to choose between playing the game or pressing F for hours loading tons of characters in some spot, or taking another 5 years to get the precursor done.

Ascended drops from Tequatl and Triple Trouble? Too many people that have been doing them daily have never seen any.

There should be alternate ways to get them. For example, Mystic Forge recipes, based on the recipes to change stats, using materials related to the content:

• Ascended Weapon
  • 10 Anthologies of heroes. (instead 1)
  • 100 Piles of Putrid Essence (Instead a glob of ectoplasm)
  • 100 Superior Runes of the Sunless (Instead exotic inscription)
    • = equivalent Sunless weapon.
  • Ascended Armor
  • 10 Anthologies of Heroes.
  • Exotic Trinket from Great Jungle Wurm chest.
  • Carrior, Knight or Zealot insignia
    • = Equivalent Regurgitated Armor.

Then you have drops that are practically trolling you, like the exotic trinkets from world bosses, that will often drop bugged versions with fine rarity and Malice stats (+condition damage single stat, a level 0-14 stat combination), regardless of the original item having +condition damage or not.

Now, if at least there was 4 trinkets, one of each rarity, and you could upgrade each rarity to the next in the mystic forge, and use all 4 rarities to make an ascended, and the ascended was the one used in the Treasure Hunter collection, we could use unlucky drops to slowly make the rarer ones, then use them all to get the collection entries.

There’s also untradeable drops with no alternate way to get them, like Delusion or the dungeon account-bound drops like trinket recipes. Delusion should have had a Mystic Forge recipe, and the dungeon recipes should be purchasable in the dungeon vendors.

But even when something has a mystic forge recipe, when you check it out you stumble against another disheartening wall of costs like 250 of a T6 material.

Now that we have items like the Gift of Blood and Ascended components, instead insane 250 blood and 250 ancient components producing a mere exotic, those recipes should be fixed to use items like the Gift of Blood and 1-5 ascended components to make the item.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

if it wasnt for my guild who i have made lasting freindships with, and for PVP which i love regardless of meta snobs and tier snobs my group always has fun there…

was soooo happy with SAB coming back, and this was icing on the cake.. 4/5 got weapon boxes, i got nothing…

entropy
genesis
2 ascended armor boxes from pvp (best drops ive gotten in game) still had to convert to stats i needed..

thats it…

while everyone around me is working on their 4-8th legendary, with multiple precursor drops…..

what am i doing wrong…

You’ve got all that and feel ripped off? The only thing worth anything I’ve ever got as a drop was a black poly thing and that was only last year when the drop rates were super high and it was made dirt cheap.

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

How are your drops in high level fractals these days? Immediately after the January patch I got loads of ascended armour chests and infused rings. Quite a few golden fractal skins too. Recently, I haven’t gotten much of anything at all. Not seeing any of my team mates ping any good drops either.

Not sure if RNG or stealth nerfs at work.

My drops are worst now, indeed i had better loot before HOT. And same for fractal skins, I had all skins before HOT, and now i only have 3 golden skins unlocked.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

3 something years and few honorable mentions.
managed to collect 20 scrap tickets

got genesis from golem world boss,sold for 20 gold.

anton’s boot blade sold for 50 gold,drop from pvp.

torch precursor off random throwing rares in mf, sold for 85 gold

the mace precursor from dredge fractal, sold for 300gold

about 15 ascended armor chests, and 6 weapon chests, all from fractals in a span of 2.5 years, 1 wep chest dropped in pvp

about 100ish rings from fractals that made me a bit of money once i salvaged.

Have 2 legedarys, storm and minstrel all made pre HoT and all these drops were pre HoT, only pvp ascended box was post HoT.

and i allways tought i had a bad luck because some people that i play with have like their 13th pre dropped and i’m here sitting on a barely 100 gold. But i realised i would have at least 7 legendarys in gold value i spent on vanity items from tp, total makeovers, outfits, armors, gliders and bl keys.

So i don’t pitch about it i earned every single copper in game but it’s my fault i don’t spend my gold more efficiently like my wealthy friends do.

Posted by: SmudgerUK.4715

SmudgerUK.4715

Been playing since Beta and never had even a sniff of a pre. If there was raffle for a legendary and my name was the only one in the hat, it would fall through kitten in the hat.

Edited for the fact that you can’t write the letter “a” followed by the word “hole” without being censored.

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

What everyone seems to gloss over when talking about the ‘RNG’ is that is is designed to be super super low.

Everything worth a kitten in this game can be purchased for gold. You can use your real world money, buy gems, turn it into gold. Then buy whatever your heart desires.

This is by design. I am not saying it is right or wrong. It is just the way this game is made. It is specifically designed this way because there is no subscription fee.

I came to Guild Wars 2 because I wanted an MMO with no sub fee. Now, after playing it for the last few month. I realize that it is what I miss the most.

If I could change one thing about GW2. It would be to remove the ability to buy in game currency. Remove absolutely everything that isn’t cosmetic from the gem store. Move all of that stuff to the game. Have it so it could be obtained in game. Make exotic or above soulbound. Drastically reduce cost on ascended weapons and armor(make them soulbound) Precursors and Legendary weapons, soulbound.

Then add a subscription fee. This makes it so you earn things by playing. It would also put the focus on developing content more from the devs.

But I am not in change and I know people would riot. These are just the changes that I think would make the game more fun for ME.

Miku.6297

I actually really like the free to play elements, even in sub based games, rare drops are still rare.

As I asked the OP, how many “lucky” people do you think are out there vs "unlucky? I’m pretty sure more people have the same loot experience you than you are giving credit.

As far as taking a giant step back wards in time to making legendary weapons soulbound again… NO THANK YOU.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

Been playing since the launch in 2012 with 4500 hours of playing all modes and all I can say is that as far as drops go, I’m basically a junk mega magnet. Nothing but useless greens, blues and whites as far as the eye can see. Good job RNG!

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

entropy
genesis

thats it…

what am i doing wrong…

I have been playing since day 1 and have yet to see a precursor drop for me as well. Your list sounds almost exactly the same as mine though I have gotten more crappy rings in fractals than you (but then I probably do them more often), and I have had 2 Teq horde boxes to your 1. Otherwise, pretty much the same.

Part of the problem is that we tend to compare ourselves unfairly to others that are the exception rather than the rule (something we do in real life as well as in game).

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve been playing since head start, I don’t play as much as I would like, but I’ve never had a pre drop or named weapon worth more than 3g. Now I don’t mind because I’ve had great luck when it comes to ascended armor and weapon chests. I’ve had 7 weapon boxes and 6 armor, around 10 ish rings. All from PvP. I have to say, never had what I would call a good drop out side of PvP.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Seriously?

That list sounds fairly average-luck to me. Mine is fairly similar, only with nothing from PvP.

RNG at its finest:
- Never got anything worth more than 2 golds from drops, much less a precursor.
- Yet I got an Ancient Wood Node worth 160G (at that time) from a Black Lion Chest.
- Then somehow I got 2 Stardust bows within the same week.

Don’t think it would make sense. It doesn’t.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

Around 6.8k hours playtime with 3 precursor drops. Got my first one on 4k mark. Not even counting ascended drops, getting them quite a lot actually nowadays