RP Server - Tarnished Coast?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ParagonFury.2617

ParagonFury.2617

So I was asking around earlier today about what the RP server is for NA for GW2 and most people answered Tarnished Coast. Is this the general consensus across most servers? And is it actual RP (IE: Stories and characters etc.) or is it just trolls and furry ERP like what most people in General Chat mean when you ask them about RP?

I can only please one person per day.
Today isn’t your day.
Tomorrow isn’t looking too good either.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may have more luck joining an RP-based Guild, as with the Mega-Server technology employed in GW2, all players may be found in any map. Though, choosing Tarnished Coast may give you a slightly better chance at interacting with other players who have chosen Tarnished Coast as their home server.

Server choice is basically just for WvW. I don’t know how much RPing goes on in WvW, if any.

Good luck.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

With megaservers it doesn’t really matter though the theory is that you’re more likely to be on a map with your fellow server mates first so it may be worth looking into TC.

Most of the RP I’ve seen has been fairly cringe-worthy romantic stuff but you do get to see some broad ranged RP. Roleplay map crusades look fun. I spend a lot of time in the Grove and Black Citadel and there is a fair bit of RP going on there. I’ve rarely seen them get trolled (but it does happen).

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Tarnished Coast (NA) and Piken Square (EU) are the Unofficial RP servers. Joining an RP guild helps to get on a right Megaserver.

There is all sort of RP out there. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching some lore based stuff and ran away from more, umh, intimate encounter. I do not think that there is anything wrong with playing a Charr, but I have yet to see anyone playing a Troll. The griefers are pretty rare, but it does happen sometimes.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There’s not such thing as servers anymore as far as PvE is concerned.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

I stumbled across a group of Charr roleplaying in Tangled Depth and it was hands down, the weirdest kitten thing I have ever seen in the game.

I didn’t bother them or try to disrupt what they were doing because they have every right to play whatever way they enjoy as long as it doesn’t break any rules, but it was so odd to turn a corner and run into like eight Charr acting out this very serious plot.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Before I took a break from GW2 there was RPers all over here in Tarnished Coast.
Now it feels like any other server, and people talking about megaserver (have no idea what that is) probably explained why I don’t see RPers here so much.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Before I took a break from GW2 there was RPers all over here in Tarnished Coast.
Now it feels like any other server, and people talking about megaserver (have no idea what that is) probably explained why I don’t see RPers here so much.

Megaserver is basically what overflow servers used to be, but all the time. Instead of having instances for each server, you’re all smushed together in one megaserver, and new instances are created as needed. There are algorithms that are supposed to help group you with people in your guild and on your friends list. The only place you’re actually talking to your own server now is in WvW maps.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

TY Guhracie. It explains a lot.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

So I was asking around earlier today about what the RP server is for NA for GW2 and most people answered Tarnished Coast. Is this the general consensus across most servers? And is it actual RP (IE: Stories and characters etc.) or is it just trolls and furry ERP like what most people in General Chat mean when you ask them about RP?

Hello and welcome to Guild Wars 2. Tarnished Coast is correct the main RP server for NA and Piken Square for EU.

Most people have already answered what I would say, but in addition I would recommend you joining guildwars2roleplayers.com – it’s a nice place to introduce yourself, meet fellow roleplayers and even browse RP guilds that are recruiting.

You can also create character profiles for people to see and possibly leave feedback if you wish.

Hope this helps

Blood & Merlot [Wine]