RTL also for PvE?

RTL also for PvE?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Really? I understand the need to nerf this for PvP, but why nerf it for PvE? It’s not like monsters complain… I thought you guys were splitting skills for pve and pvp.

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: Apollo.7583

Apollo.7583

So don’t miss the target?

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Ye but the problem is if I’m running around the map, and I hit the target I get in combat mode drastically reducing my movement speed. While warriors thiefs and the rest can just spam their movement speed to fly around the map.

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

Well elementalists do get passive speed boosts from signet and air trait, but ride the lightning was a very nice quality of life movement tool in PvE that gave eles pretty much no advantage whatsoever. The cooldown and range reduction seems purely a PvP/WvW balance tool but significantly harms the perception of elementalists in PvE. It seems exactly the sort of skill that should be split.

While we’re on the topic, I would like to request that the Mist Form change also be considered for splitting between PvE and the PvP formats. Elementalists already have the lowest armor and lowest health pool while not putting out damage numbers to write home about (true, you can get some pretty good numbers, but that sacrifices defense even more). Remove the ability to heal in mist form and you’re forcing elementalists to run out of fights to heal during dungeons and the like. The closest equivalent skill I can think of is Endure Pain on the Warrior, and they can still use utilities while their invulnerable is active (and now they can channel too). The two skills are identical in purpose, yet the class that actually needs it to stay in a PvE fight is the one that gets nerfed.

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The range reduction makes sense for all game modes, that is just making it consistant with other movement abilities. The CD change is also probably to bring Ele more in line with the mobility of other classes.

The mist form change seems to be the biggest hit for PvE, I’m not sure why that had to change in PvE since survivability is an issue.

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The range reduction makes sense for all game modes, that is just making it consistant with other movement abilities. The CD change is also probably to bring Ele more in line with the mobility of other classes.

The mist form change seems to be the biggest hit for PvE, I’m not sure why that had to change in PvE since survivability is an issue.

They want to limit viable builds in PVE so everyone runs Bunkers
It’s as simple as that, all they did was force more people to play bunker builds, instead of reducing them.

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: The Analogue Kid.3896

The Analogue Kid.3896

To nerf RTL and Mist form in PVE makes no sense whatsoever, i just can’t think of one justification for it. Personally i though the 15 sec cooldown was to long.

I feel fresh blood needs to be brought into the balancing team and overlook all the skills again. Some of the changes beggar belief.

I can’t think of one build where i can go into a high end area of a map and survive more that two hits.

Please split all PVE skills from WvW and PVP and give back the Ele class an air of distinction.

(edited by The Analogue Kid.3896)

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

really how can you have faith in a team that has the courage to nerf elementalist in PVE and leave untouched guardians WHILE BUFFING WARRIORS.

I mean shame on them warrior even got to that point but even BUFFING THEM PVE?

Anyone get still little hope in a team that only look at their selfish e-sport dream?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Remove the nerf altogether.

User was infracted for being awesome.

RTL also for PvE?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

OH also they kept cof1 as it was so wars and thief can continue abusing economy

When they will have 100B at 1500 range as aoe circle?
next patch?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.