Races and attack animations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raygan.8569

Raygan.8569

I´m sure most people out there have some complaints about how certain races or race/class combinations actually use their weapons. Talking about attack animations I´ll give an example:

Norn male warriors/revenants with swords (mainhand mostly) is probably the wimpiest I can think of. It looks like my big kitten norn is shooing away flies.

The question is, what attack or skill animation on certain races do you hate?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I feel like a more useful question here might be: what is the goal of this thread?

It’s understandable that you don’t like some of the animations, and that’s fine, but are you looking to use popular opinion to encourage change through some sort of poll?

If so, I’d encourage you to make an actual poll, get some at least semi-representative numbers (eg: a few thousand responses, at least), and then report back.

All this will really do is get people either listing their pet dislikes, or arguing about what “personal taste” is. (eg: I’m sure some folks think those male norn animations you loath are just peachy, and would be sad if they changed. neither of you are wrong, just like different things, yo.)

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I would like them to fix some of the revenant animation loop blending. On asura and charr some of the animations with staff look REALLY bad when strafing. But I won’t hold my breath… animation in general seems to be expensive and Anet have almost never spent time revisiting animations that are already in the game. If anything they just take the animation out when it becomes a problem (see human female idle). I think they employ like 2 or 3 animators in a company of 300, and those animators are probably focused entirely on the expansion.

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

I would LOVE it, if Female Norns, Humans, and Sylvari EACH had their OWN set of attack, and other animations.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Totally agree, this would’ve been awesome !

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

regardless of animations all asura can burn…