Racial Skills

Racial Skills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Glaurung.1076

Glaurung.1076

Something needs to be done about the racial skills. Everyone of them feels out of place and outside of the first levels noone realy uses them. I now that they are for fun and to add some flavor but i cant help but feel that they are a missed oportunity.

Since they are only useable in PvE (and it should stay that way) i cant see why they cant be changed to something that actualy helps. My suggestion is to remove them from active skills and turn them into passives which you get to choose which to use. For example Norn would get the chance to summon a wurm to attack when they crit at a 2% chance. Or humans get blessed by Kormir and remove some of their coditions when they take codition damage at 1% chance. Small chances of activation mean that they wont affect the game too much but still be kinda fun and add flavor when they happen.

Racial Skills

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

This has come up multiple times lately (and before). Please do a search next time first.

On topic, racial skills are and always have been more about flair, theme and lore than usefulness. This is intended as to not upset balance between races. Some of the racial skills have some useful gimmicks, but arenanet went straight out and said even before vanilla GW2 launched that racial skills will not outperform class skills.

It is very doubtful that they are going to change their stance on this. So pick whatever race you enjoy the most, and don’t worry about racial skills. They will NOT get buffed.

Racial Skills

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Please no, Racial skills should be as they are now, not important, or rarely used, noone wants to be the person that feels left out because his racial skills aren’t as good as other races, it breaks down everything, you’d feel forced to play races you don’t want to play.

Racial Skills

Posted by: Major Domo.9250

Major Domo.9250

My globetrotting Engineer often completes daily events in PvE using only racial skills.. mixing it up can be amusing.