Racial change! pls

Racial change! pls

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

why cant we have a racial change like total makeover kit? i wanted to swap so many of my toons race because of many reason like my necro whos a charr but i wanted a grenth theme, but since charr doesnt believe in human gods it feels off. also charr sucks at jumping puzzle. you could say well just make a new one. althoough leveing is no problem because i have like 800 tomes, map completion will take a while and not something i would do just to have a max necro again with the right race. so pls im sure im not alone in this. this will be a huge QoL for players and money making for Anet.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Racial change! pls

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I want racial make over kit too.

I used to like buying character slots, up to 17. I have 3 Necros, all different races. Only 1 is reaper status, the other 2 I still have to “earn”… Would be much nicer to just switch race rather than grind another 250 hero points to play the same class.

On another note: Selling all the gear from your class multiples that you’ll never be able to use again brought in some nice gold. No real point in having gear on them anymore

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

It probably wouldn’t work because some things are race specific. Such as, your personal story. Say you are a charr wanting to switch to a human, and your personal story has already progressed to level 20 on your Charr, when you switch to a human, what happens to it? Does it just switch to the level 20 human story? That wouldn’t work considering there are achievements for completing certain personal story chapters.

If your story was at level 80 and you were a charr but then switched to human, do you automatically get the human story achievements? I feel like that’s cheating a bit.

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

What about all the story choices, achievements, armours, how characters address you, etc.?

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Sure why not, just reset the personal story, as in make them play it from the first instance forward, you can still get the achievements but rewards from already completed chapters(lvl wise) should not be rewarded. And because this is Anet don’t make it part of the existing total makeover kit but make a new one and put a hefty price tag on it, such as it is with the name change contract.

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

No. You start off with 5 char slots so start using those extra ones. Too much work for Anet to do and with possible too many issues arising from it. Don’t expect Anet to do all the work for you – reroll!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

why cant we have a racial change like total makeover kit? i wanted to swap so many of my toons race because of many reason like my necro whos a charr but i wanted a grenth theme, but since charr doesnt believe in human gods it feels off. also charr sucks at jumping puzzle. you could say well just make a new one. althoough leveing is no problem because i have like 800 tomes, map completion will take a while and not something i would do just to have a max necro again with the right race. so pls im sure im not alone in this. this will be a huge QoL for players and money making for Anet.

I think you people used to WoW,really need to calm down right there.If you are bored of leveling,and if you are willing to pay irl $ for race change,it doesn’t mean its going to happen.Level new char,you lazy peon,do not expect everything to get spoon handed to you if you are willing to ignore everything for $

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

So then you could unlock the elite specialization on one character and then just pay to race change to unlock the others.
Ummm…No.

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Welcome to the forums. This is brought up on a weekly basis and there is a long merged thread about this. Long story short it can’t happen because of the way things are coded. It’s something that could be possible but would require tons and tons of time re doing code so that it isn’t worth the development time.

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

There is and will be no race change.

It is a design choice that is coded into the game from the very start. It cannot and will not be changed.

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If they allowed a race change, then it would need to completely erase all story mission progress and of course your cultural armor would be unwearable.

Other than that, I don’t see why there would be a problem. They probably don’t do it simply because they don’t want to put the time into coding a story reset after someone does a race change.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Racial change! pls

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If they allowed a race change, then it would need to completely erase all story mission progress and of course your cultural armor would be unwearable.

Other than that, I don’t see why there would be a problem. They probably don’t do it simply because they don’t want to put the time into coding a story reset after someone does a race change.

Or because it’s already easy to get a character to 80 as is. Takes less than a week just through map completion.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Racial change! pls

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

I think you people used to WoW,really need to calm down right there.If you are bored of leveling,and if you are willing to pay irl $ for race change,it doesn’t mean its going to happen.Level new char,you lazy peon,do not expect everything to get spoon handed to you if you are willing to ignore everything for $

i guess you didnt read what i said, that leveling is very easy for me since i have 800 tomes, i already have 9 toons for each class… now whos lazy? with your thinking we might aswell not have total makeover kit and if you want gender change or hair change we might aswell not be lazy and just reroll right? kitten logic

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend