Racial illusions

Racial illusions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

Is there any type of item that can make my asura look like a human?

I am just feeling i pull to much attention in human lands…
on a serious note, i really hate how small my asura is and thats it almost impossible to see all the splendor of my armor.. having illusions that make my asura look like a human in PvE combat would prevent the need of leveling another toon and not having to throw away the huge time investment i allready have in this character…

According to A-net a race change is not an option considering the racial lore and class stories… but having a human form illusion would not break the racial lore….

Racial illusions

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

According to A-net a race change is not an option considering the racial lore and class stories… but having a human form illusion would not break the racial lore….

A human “iillusion” while maintaining the gear you want to show off is race changing.

But sure if you want to run around as a stock human in starter gear…

Racial illusions

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

A human “iillusion” while maintaining the gear you want to show off is race changing.

No its not race changing at all…. because you can allways go back to your orriginal race…

You could even make it a feature, when you get the illusion, it opens up some of the other racial story quests to you… which might be interesting for people who allways stick to a single character/mmo..

Race changing would mean that your racial story quests could have never happened…

Racial illusions

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

No its not race changing at all…. because you can allways go back to your orriginal race…

You could even make it a feature, when you get the illusion, it opens up some of the other racial story quests to you… which might be interesting for people who allways stick to a single character/mmo..

Race changing would mean that your racial story quests could have never happened…

Sigh… Look, you said the purpose was to show of your fanypants gear. That means what you are wearing – even if it happen to be race specific – need to be somehow converted to the new race you become.

Whether it last 1 hour or 1 year is irrelevant to the argument.

You want race change, literally.

Tonics or transformations is not the same thing. They give you a default look, same for everyone.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Racial illusions

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

fashion wars 2: the end game

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Racial illusions

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Darnit, this was about showing off armour. I got nothing.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

Racial illusions

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Its easy
1 buy a new character slot
2 make the race profession you want
3 boost it up with lvl20,30 scroll and tomes
4 transfer gear and poof permanent race change with afew clicks forever.

Racial illusions

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

You have to have legendary creativity to be a part of the Asura fashion life endgame. It is not for everyone. Not everyone can accomplish such amazing feats as we do with our elite fashion sense that outshines even the largest of Norn and Charr!

We understand if you cannot handle it.

Racial illusions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I actually really like this idea.

Forget about race change options offered by other games and how similar this is or is not for a minute and just focus on the idea of a racial tonic. Think about it, we’ve already got tonics that turn you into all kinds of monsters, trees, animals, furniture, skritt etc.

Why not a tonic to turn you into a human? Or a sylvari? Or a norn, or a charr or an asura?

It would definitely be possible to make a tonic that turns you into a different race, it’s no different to the ones to turn you into anything else. The problem is that would use a generic model, like the NPCs. But then it’s also possible to make a tonic that only changes your armour, like the Common Clothing Tonic so it seems like it should be possible to make the opposite of that too: one which changes your character model but not the armour. Especially since the vast majority of armour is already available on all races.

Admittedly cultural armour would be a problem because the models for those on other races do not exist. But maybe it could be replaced with the equivalent, so for example a human wearing T2 cultural armour gets changed into a charr wearing T2 cultural charr armour. I’m not sure if that’s possible, but if it is I think it would be the best solution.

The final consideration I can think of is whether it should give you the same face, hair etc. every time or randomise it, or maybe offer a small range of choices like the Mystery tonics do. So for example you have an Endless Mystery Human Tonic and it will change you into one of 5 human appearances, and if you want a different one you just use the tonic again.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Racial illusions

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Norn Master Race

NSPride <3

Racial illusions

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Asura master race!

Kidding aside, you should’ve played a human from the start. I knew going into it that my armor would be hard to see by other players, since I mained a gnome monk in WoW. That doesn’t mean I don’t bother with making my asura look good, I do. It’s just a different kind of good compared to other races.

I actually really like this idea.

Forget about race change options offered by other games and how similar this is or is not for a minute and just focus on the idea of a racial tonic. Think about it, we’ve already got tonics that turn you into all kinds of monsters, trees, animals, furniture, skritt etc.

Why not a tonic to turn you into a human? Or a sylvari? Or a norn, or a charr or an asura?

It would definitely be possible to make a tonic that turns you into a different race, it’s no different to the ones to turn you into anything else. The problem is that would use a generic model, like the NPCs. But then it’s also possible to make a tonic that only changes your armour, like the Common Clothing Tonic so it seems like it should be possible to make the opposite of that too: one which changes your character model but not the armour. Especially since the vast majority of armour is already available on all races.

Admittedly cultural armour would be a problem because the models for those on other races do not exist. But maybe it could be replaced with the equivalent, so for example a human wearing T2 cultural armour gets changed into a charr wearing T2 cultural charr armour. I’m not sure if that’s possible, but if it is I think it would be the best solution.

The final consideration I can think of is whether it should give you the same face, hair etc. every time or randomise it, or maybe offer a small range of choices like the Mystery tonics do. So for example you have an Endless Mystery Human Tonic and it will change you into one of 5 human appearances, and if you want a different one you just use the tonic again.

I’m all for more tonics. I collect them just to look like other things, it’s fun. Especially the one that turns you into furniture.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |