Racial starting armors.

Racial starting armors.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Con.4739

Con.4739

OK, as a player who loves this world and the cultures in it I am confused why the starting armors are not personalized for each race. I understand that their are higher level cultural armors which I think is wonderful. I wonder why your starting armor is not racial specific as well. When I make a sylvari I look silly with armor that does not match my race. I would like the armor to look like a lower level armor made out of plants like every sylvari NPC wears! When I started playing GW2 I loved the fact that I could change into town clothes that were race specific. Now I notice that that feature has been removed which is a little disapointing. So in turn I think creating starting armors that are race specific would benefit the look and feel of the game.

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Its simply wasted work to create special armor that you will mostly replace
after 1 hour of gameplay.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

They could start you off with a “starter outfit” at the very least. Nothing flashy, something you would see the NPC peasants walking around in.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It might have been wasted work originally but now with the Wardrobe it’s more skins. They just aren’t revamping that stuff because they have higher priority projects.

I do think they should at least provide a free town clothes tonic at the start, and preferably turn those into outfits and provide them so even the newest alt can look culturally appropriate.

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Immersion is never wasted work. Overlooked, underapreciated, maybe.
Quality is always worth the effort.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Its simply wasted work to create special armor that you will mostly replace
after 1 hour of gameplay.

Except I would still be wearing my Racial armor chest piece from the starter town armor if they’d of turned it into a skin instead of a stupid tonic. Made me sad to see such a nice racial armor skin, that could easily be mixed with any tier, go completely to waste. u.u

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

If they make it skins, than new players would start to cry why the level 5, 10 and so
on armor doesn’t look as good as the starter armor, and we need new cultural
armors for all levels.

Or / and people will start again to complain how greedy ANet is, and that they
only made that because they wanted to milk new players with selling them
transmution charges.

And thats why we can’t have nice things.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

They could use the old town clothes for this. It’s already in the game, so should take comparatively little effort.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

They could start you off with a “starter outfit” at the very least. Nothing flashy, something you would see the NPC peasants walking around in.

Ok I really really like this idea. I haven’t ever been a big fan of outfits, but this seems like a perfect idea for an outfit. I’m sure this would also enhance the new player experience and help get players started with the wardrobe system. This might also help boost gemstore sales from newer players who start out with a racial outfit and want to expand their outfit collection.

I started the game with mix-and-match armors, but if I had started out with a racial outfit… I might have ended up enjoying the concept of outfits rather than avoiding them.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

If they make it skins, than new players would start to cry why the level 5, 10 and so
on armor doesn’t look as good as the starter armor, and we need new cultural
armors for all levels.

Or / and people will start again to complain how greedy ANet is, and that they
only made that because they wanted to milk new players with selling them
transmution charges.

And thats why we can’t have nice things.

QFT

Racial starting armors.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Actually it is good idea to have cultural armor tier 0 and made them into a possible specific racial loot during leveling. But i am afraid it is too late as a suggestion that it should’ve included at launch.