Racism in Tyria??????

Racism in Tyria??????

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Quickninja.4359

Quickninja.4359

The event happen when I was a Charr. I decided I wanted to buy new armor. So I went to Divinity Reach to buy Cultural Armor, but the vendor didn’t want to sell to me. I think it was because I was a Charr. Glory “I can’t sell to you. Can’t be to careful who you associate with these days.”

I ask you this, Are Charrs and humans not friends? What happen if I wanted to buy the armor for my human friend. I want to just buy it. Also the beanie is to small for my Charr!!!

Charr problems/the struggle is real!!!!Btw I love gw2 and the community!!!!!!

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Charrs and humans will never be friends. Never! Never forget Ascalon!!

Attachments:

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I ask you this, Are Charrs and humans not friends?

Not really. Especially if the human in question is of Ascalonian descent.
(Logan is an aberration).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Consigliere.4903

Consigliere.4903

The best thing about being a Charr who’s earning their stripes in Ascalon, is killing those stupid Ken and Barbie humans again and again, and then killing their ghosts. Vengeance is great.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

I hear Queen Jennah is contemplating officially renaming “The Searing” to “The Warming” for PR reasons.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Ascalon will rise again.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

as an Asura

i think all races are equally lesser and equally stupid.

its only racist if u pick out a race on its own.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

as an Asura

i think all races are equally lesser and equally stupid.

its only racist if u pick out a race on its own.

Lol, good one. But honeslty: there is only a truce between Charr and Human, officially they’re still in war.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

The event happen when I was a Charr. I decided I wanted to buy new armor. So I went to Divinity Reach to buy Cultural Armor, but the vendor didn’t want to sell to me. I think it was because I was a Charr. Glory “I can’t sell to you. Can’t be to careful who you associate with these days.”

I ask you this, Are Charrs and humans not friends? What happen if I wanted to buy the armor for my human friend. I want to just buy it. Also the beanie is to small for my Charr!!!

Charr problems/the struggle is real!!!!Btw I love gw2 and the community!!!!!!

Poor kitty, Sometimes Bookah can be cruel.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I hear Queen Jennah is contemplating officially renaming “The Searing” to “The Warming” for PR reasons.

I’d heard from a certain no-chinned nobleman that she was going to so rename it because of all their smokestacks.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

I ask you this, Are Charrs and humans not friends?

would you befriend a pig or a cow? humans are meat that can talk.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

is it a bug so arena net can fix it? i can do research later to see, if want me to?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

No, it’s not a bug. That merchant is offering Human-Only skins.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Most rpg´s and fantasy worlds have some kind of racial conflict in the lore.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Personally speaking, in-game, lore based racism is OK. It’s part of the story. Charr vs. Humans, Asura (superior intellect) vs. everyone else, for example.

Racism based on real life reasons or the real world is NOT OK. Don’t pollute fantasy with reality. :p

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My warrior in Guild Wars 1 had the armor with the Charr skull as a helm. What a shame she didn’t put it in her Hall of Monuments for her descendants to wear.

Attachments:

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Kasper.6527

Kasper.6527

so if im making a sylvari thief Blackestone skinned and Ice Eyes White Glow what should my personality? Charm Dignity Ferocity?

Drink.Drama.Dream.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Wylf.2586

Wylf.2586

is it a bug so arena net can fix it? i can do research later to see, if want me to?

It’s not a bug. He was trying to buy human cultural armor with his charr, which isn’t possible. You can only buy cultural armor with the race said armor belongs to. Sylvari can only buy sylvari cultural armor, charr only charr armor etc, pp.

Not a bug, not racism, simple game design choice.

’twas right, said they, such birds to slay, that bring the fog and mist.

Nilfa, Asura Thief, Devona’s Rest

(edited by Wylf.2586)

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

You should visit Ebonhawke. The welcome will be . . . warm.

Gone to Reddit.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Ascalon will rise again.

Ascalon Eternal!

We’ll get back at the Charr for what they did.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Op please.

Its fairly obvious that military equipment such as armor cant be sold to foreign citizens without the proper paperwork from the proper authorities. After all the Krytan goverment needs to make sure such equipment isnt used against the Krytan people at some point.

You merely failed to file the proper paperwork.

Racism in Tyria??????

Fext.3614

Ascalon will rise again.

Ascalon Eternal!

BTW can you still play the old GW? Is it also plaqued by the White Wolf style politicaly correct nonsense, when every race has a primary antagonist group from the same race (flame legion, nightmare court, sons of svanir etc.)?

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Ascalon will rise again.

Ascalon Eternal!

BTW can you still play the old GW? Is it also plaqued by the White Wolf style politicaly correct nonsense, when every race has a primary antagonist group from the same race (flame legion, nightmare court, sons of svanir etc.)?

No. No it is not.

It’s also not limited to White Wolf doing that. That was in Forgotten Realms quite a bit before it made it over to World of Darkness.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Charr and humans are not friends, we are allies only because dragon threat forced us into it. But as soon as dragons are gone we will be geting ourselves some charr furrs for cold winter

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Charr and humans are not friends, we are allies only because dragon threat forced us into it. But as soon as dragons are gone we will be geting ourselves some charr furrs for cold winter

There’s a calendar photo shoot scheduled of Kasmeer and Marjory on a charr-hide rug in front of a fireplace.

Sometime after the last Dragon is killed.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

I want more serious racism conflicts in this game. HoT is giving me hope for sylvari being opressed by other races. That would be very engaging. I’m tired of cookie stories we were given so far.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Ascalon. Never forget.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

“The Searing” as fine as a term, she just needs to own it and talk about how it helped them develop a nice crust thanks to the Maillard reaction.

The Mallard Reaction, as a side note, would be my choice for a Tengu name if they’re ever playable.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Just in case Op was actually asking, cultural armor is only allowed to its own race.

And in general a stinking bag of fleas couldn´t possibly fit properly into our classy armors anyways.

Polish > hype

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

taking back what was rightfully theirs? all your puny race could do they have already done. if a massive suicide attack is your best than the feline magnificence has nothing to fear.

(edited by zaced.7948)

Racism in Tyria??????

Fext.3614

I want more serious racism conflicts in this game. HoT is giving me hope for sylvari being opressed by other races. That would be very engaging. I’m tired of cookie stories we were given so far.

Forget it, Sylvari and the Pale tree are personal pets of at least one storywriter. Most likely we will all protect them with our lives against Nightmare court who will be the true thralls of Mordy.
I doubt there will be ever a good dark plot. Oh I wish they took inspiration from something like The Broken Sword by Anderson. Maybe there is a majority of underage players.

Racism in Tyria??????

Fext.3614

Ascalon will rise again.

Ascalon Eternal!

No. No it is not.

It’s also not limited to White Wolf doing that. That was in Forgotten Realms quite a bit before it made it over to World of Darkness.

And what about the old GW? Still available, or gone?

Concerning the FR, I do not remember such thing, but I admit that I know just the lorebook from the old AD&D 2nd Ed. boxed set, and I was never much of a fan, preferring Planescape and Dragonlance.

Racism in Tyria??????

Fext.3614

the feline magnificence has nothing to fear.

As much as I like cats, I do not find charrs appealing. The khajiit in Skyrim were better cat people. Also I loved the way they speak.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I Am Groot

…………….

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Everyone is super jelly because they don’t have a elder dragon overlord.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I Am Groot

…………….

http://i.imgur.com/YRqlazx.webm

Polish > hype

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Ascalon will rise again.

Ascalon Eternal!

No. No it is not.

And what about the old GW? Still available, or gone?

it’s still there, dunno if you own a copy but if you don’t here is a link if you want it:
http://store.guildwars.com/store/gw/cat/categoryID.67871700
you’re better off buying the trilogy and platinum edition, it’s cheaper and you get more out of it

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

taking back what was rightfully theirs?

Destroying Ascalon, forcing Khilbron to destroy Orr and helping the Mursaat take over Kryta?

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Destroying Ascalon, forcing Khilbron to destroy Orr and helping the Mursaat take over Kryta?

The Charr were kind of there first. The humans came along to Tyria with the Gods and kicked the Charr from their own lands, renaming the area they stole as Ascalon. And (yay retconned info) Khilbron destroyed Orr because he was a servant of Abaddon.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Humans were in the Cosmos first. Charr are nothing but some chimeric monstruosity made by who knows what mage or alchemist. It’s a miracle they managed to build a civilization at all.

Humans will use them as cannon fodder when dealing with the 7 dragons, then from the ashes of Tyria humans will rule all, and bring the devastated land back to life, fertilized with the corpses of their enemies.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

At least Charr die with dignity rather than cursing ENTIRE KINGDOMS to forbidden magics.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

At least Charr die with dignity rather than cursing ENTIRE KINGDOMS to forbidden magics.

#notallascalonians

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

The king truly destroyed ascalon, abbandon tricked both charr and khilbron, orr was going to sink either way, saul led foriegn unknown creatures right to Kryta

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

yeah, like hiding behind their machines and call them self warriors, that’s so honorable….

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Wylf.2586

Wylf.2586

In this thread: People taking their played race way too seriously :P

’twas right, said they, such birds to slay, that bring the fog and mist.

Nilfa, Asura Thief, Devona’s Rest

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Racism?

Many people look down on Skiritt, and exploit them, I’d say that’s pretty racist.
Also Charr look down on Asura and Sylvari because of their look too.
Asura pretty much look down on all races.
Even Sylvari think other races are bunch of barbarians.
And many humans think Charr are bunch of savage animals.

So if all races are being racist, then there’s no racism. XD

The only race I can think of which is not racist is Quaggan.

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Charr ftw!

Racism, ehh? I remember a NPC conversation in the old Lion’s Arch (GW 2). He or she (it was a Asura, I think) said, the most advanced and intelligent races are:
1.) Asura (top)
2.) Sylvari
3.) Charr
4.) Human
5.) Norn (bottom)

At that time and as mainly human characters player I was really kittened.

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

taking back what was rightfully theirs? all your puny race could do they have already done. if a massive suicide attack is your best than the feline magnificence has nothing to fear.

If you knew your Guild Wars history you’d know that the land was never theirs. The Charr came from the Northern areas and spread south taking over the land that belonged to the Grawl which were the original race that inhabited that region. They enslaved the Grawl and took the land for themselves.

They weren’t there originally.

Later the humans came and took the land from the Charr pushing them back north.

So if the Charr can push, conquer and call it "Charr land " then by the same rules the humans pushing back the Charr and conquering the area makes it “Human land”.

Also you owe a lot to humans. Don’t forget it was humans who were crucial to your race being set free from their “false gods” and the leadership of the Flame Legion shamans.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Racism in Tyria??????

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

If you knew your Guild Wars history you’d know that the land was never theirs. The Charr came from the Northern areas and spread south taking over the land that belonged to the Grawl which were the original race that inhabited that region. They enslaved the Grawl and took the land for themselves.

They weren’t there originally.

Later the humans came and took the land from the Charr pushing them back north.

So if the Charr can push, conquer and call it "Charr land " then by the same rules the humans pushing back the Charr and conquering the area makes it “Human land”.

Also you owe a lot to humans. Don’t forget it was humans who were crucial to your race being set free from their “false gods” and the leadership of the Flame Legion shamans.

No, it means by the same logic if the grawl had risen up and attacked the charr with armies (and tactics I.e. searing) we would be defending their right to do so… Just like we defend the charr.

Charr being set free is almost as beneficial to the Humans as it was to the charr. If the charr still accepted false gods it would likely mean zhaitan would still be alive.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner