in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Words for the forum page bug…

Radiant and Hellfire Armor Skins

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I keep hearing less than 5% here, less than 1% here blablabla. Its not of interest how many people currently or will ever get there. Anet just was kind enough to add something for people who go the extra miles.
All the people whining about this sound very entitled.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I keep hearing less than 5% here, less than 1% here blablabla. Its not of interest how many people currently or will ever get there. Anet just was kind enough to add something for people who go the extra miles.

Right. You mean the 21000 extra miles?

If you want prestige 18000 ap is more than enough for prestige. Once again, that’s 1% of the player base or less. That’s maybe 1000 people at a high end guestimate.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If there ever is an expansion with a ton of extra Achievements added, then these ought to be obtainable.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Malediktus.9250

18000+18000 = 36000, learn to calculate

Instead of asking Anet to change the numbers to your convenience you should ask them to add more achievements with fair AP rewards and possibly rework the AP of some of the existing achievements.
Example: 5 legendaries only give 25 AP, but a set of Ambrite weapons 50 AP and 3 sets of ascended armor give 100 AP. Something is out of whack there.
Collecting all Jormag themed items 10 AP, collecting all 5 ghost weapons 10 AP, all Dwayna themed items 10 AP, all dungeon sets 3 AP each, …

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Don’t forget that AP gains will drop off drastically since Anet capped the daily and monthly achievement categories. At current rates of Anet adding AP’s it will take somewhere between 6-8 years for someone to achieve this set.

But yes I’m sure it is just entitlement that is the problem…

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I really feel like the people saying no to this are not getting the fact that with the OP’s proposed changes, it will still take just as long to get both full sets… it just puts the focus on getting one set complete and then working on the 2nd set, instead of getting incomplete pieces from both sets before you can get a single set complete.

but that would significantly reduce the prestige of having a complete set. It gets harder and harder to raise AP the more easy achievements you completed. So 33k/36k AP show a lot more dedication that easy as hell 18k. You dont have to do any of the more demanding achievements to reach 18k if you started playing regulary at release.

The game will last many years, Anet added an achievement for having a 10 year old character.

18k is easy? I’ve played 2410hours since launch and am still only at 8.7k achievement points. I’ve maxed at hobby dungeon and agent of entropy, I’ve gotten 99% of all jumping puzzles, I have 4/8 crafting professions maxed (2 to 500), 400 points from HoM and the achievements that I haven’t done in PvE give me a measly amount of points (maybe another 400-500 in total). Unless I want to start playing PvP or WvW (hint: I don’t) for hours every day, the radiant/hellfire chest/legs would take me years to reach, even if I do all of the LS achievements.

And the game will last for 10 years? Sure, Anet planned ahead for that many birthdays, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will last for 10 years (even though I hope it does).

?? I’ve been playing since early release and have ~1400hrs logged (I’m fairly casual) and I’m at 14k AP. How the heck are you only at 8.7k with almost twice the hours played?? There are tons of achievements to get if you actually focus on getting achievements.

If you aren’t focused on getting achievements/AP then can you really complain that the armor obtained exclusively from achievments/AP is too difficult to obtain?

That’s like running a CoF p1 once a week and then complaining that it takes too long to get the armor. If you concentrated your focus on CoF, all 3 paths every day, you would get marks like crazy.

I’m not saying the AP requirements for the armor are reasonable, because they are certainly high, but at 2400hrs play time and you are actively trying to get AP, you should be at 18k+ by now easily.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

All the people whining about this sound very entitled.

So should we thank them too for adding the Yakslapper achievement ?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Its good the way it is. Long term rewards.

I am at 24.7k AP currently, so I will get there one day if Anet keeps adding new content to the game.

Dude, do you have a life? Wife, kids or uni? kitten, so many AP lol

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

fellyn.5083

18000+18000 = 36000, learn to calculate

Instead of asking Anet to change the numbers to your convenience you should ask them to add more achievements with fair AP rewards and possibly rework the AP of some of the existing achievements.
Example: 5 legendaries only give 25 AP, but a set of Ambrite weapons 50 AP and 3 sets of ascended armor give 100 AP. Something is out of whack there.
Collecting all Jormag themed items 10 AP, collecting all 5 ghost weapons 10 AP, all Dwayna themed items 10 AP, all dungeon sets 3 AP each, …

I won’t be arguing with you there. There are also a bunch of achievements in wvw that have slightly out of skew rewards/time investments too.

Although I’d prefer that rewards be reshuffled so they make sense ala the first post, too.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’ve played since launch, regularly with no breaks, and have less than 10k achievement points. A full set of armor even at 18k achievement points is very hard to get.

Posted by: Vercinorix.3021

Vercinorix.3021

If full sets of the achievement armor are supposed to be penultimate long term awards for achievement hunters similar to the invitational tourney pvp sets, then yes 18k achievement points IS too easy. A year or so ago, when the revamped achievement point award system was introduced, I had 9600. That was pretty high up on the leaderboards at the time. Now 10k isn’t enough to even show up on the leaderboards. Half of my 160 person guild is over 10k, including plenty of people who have zero focus on achievements.

It is a pretty reasonable assumption that trend will hold true among actually active players and 18k won’t be enough achievement points to be on the leaderboards by this time next year. Also yes, 3 years is very early in the lifespan of a successful MMO. EQ1 is still going after 15 years, Dark Age of Camelot still has the lights on after 13, and WoW is about to hit the 10th anniversary with more current subscribers than all the copies of GW2 sold to date.

A player gets achievement points for doing practically anything in GW2. You get a lot of achievement points by trying and doing all aspects of the game. They exist as an incentive to get you to try new things. With that in mind, it isn’t unreasonable to have awards in place to reward a consistent, sustained dedication to the entire game over a period of years as opposed to something like Yakslapper which requires a completely insane dedication to repeating a very boring, monotonous SINGLE task for years.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It’s a shame it was implemented this way. You should be able to build a full set of armor. I am at 15k AP after 2 years of very steady play with only a few breaks here and there. At my current pace it will take me about 5 years to complete the set f armor I want. I like long term, but longer than the length of a president being in office is asinine.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

I really feel like the people saying no to this are not getting the fact that with the OP’s proposed changes, it will still take just as long to get both full sets… it just puts the focus on getting one set complete and then working on the 2nd set, instead of getting incomplete pieces from both sets before you can get a single set complete.

but that would significantly reduce the prestige of having a complete set. It gets harder and harder to raise AP the more easy achievements you completed. So 33k/36k AP show a lot more dedication that easy as hell 18k. You dont have to do any of the more demanding achievements to reach 18k if you started playing regulary at release.

The game will last many years, Anet added an achievement for having a 10 year old character.

18k is easy? I’ve played 2410hours since launch and am still only at 8.7k achievement points. I’ve maxed at hobby dungeon and agent of entropy, I’ve gotten 99% of all jumping puzzles, I have 4/8 crafting professions maxed (2 to 500), 400 points from HoM and the achievements that I haven’t done in PvE give me a measly amount of points (maybe another 400-500 in total). Unless I want to start playing PvP or WvW (hint: I don’t) for hours every day, the radiant/hellfire chest/legs would take me years to reach, even if I do all of the LS achievements.

And the game will last for 10 years? Sure, Anet planned ahead for that many birthdays, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will last for 10 years (even though I hope it does).

?? I’ve been playing since early release and have ~1400hrs logged (I’m fairly casual) and I’m at 14k AP. How the heck are you only at 8.7k with almost twice the hours played?? There are tons of achievements to get if you actually focus on getting achievements.

If you aren’t focused on getting achievements/AP then can you really complain that the armor obtained exclusively from achievments/AP is too difficult to obtain?

That’s like running a CoF p1 once a week and then complaining that it takes too long to get the armor. If you concentrated your focus on CoF, all 3 paths every day, you would get marks like crazy.

I’m not saying the AP requirements for the armor are reasonable, because they are certainly high, but at 2400hrs play time and you are actively trying to get AP, you should be at 18k+ by now easily.

I don’t play PvP or WvW at all. I’ve completed world boss achievements, dungeon achievements, only have 2 more jumping puzzle achievements, completed most of explorer achievements, halfway done fractal achs and halfway through slayer. I’ve done pretty much all the living story achievements except the last quarter(?) of season 1 (too busy to play). Pretty much the only PvE achievements that I haven’t fully (or almost fully) maxed out are ones that require a lot of money (like the legendary/cultural armor/mini achs) or weapon master. If I do all of the PvE achievements that I have missed (that are still in the game) it would only give me 828. That’s including the legendary achievements, of which I am still working on my first one.

Funny enough, I’m the person in my guild that tries to actively look for achievements (like with jumping puzzles). There are people who have played nearly twice as much as me and still have half of my achievement points. Alternatively, I know people who play twice, if not three times, as much as I do and have over 20k by now. The difference? That person plays both PvP and PvE.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also have the EotM achievements that don’t require a huge amount of numbers (totaling 56 AP), and also to mention again that I have maxed out hobby dungeon explorer and agent of entropy.

Edit 2: Forgot to add in collections, but even with the redonkulous $$ required, it would still only turn the 828 = 1149, and that’s including all of the BL skin collections.

(edited by Selene.9415)

Malediktus.9250

There is your problem, you limit yourself to PvE and missed quite a bit of living story. Especially the last quarter of S1 gave a lot of points for little work.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

There is your problem, you limit yourself to PvE and missed quite a bit of living story.

So it’s just a giant screw you to anyone that doesn’t like a certain game mode, even though PvE players are one of Anet’s biggest crowds? Hardly seems logical.

Edit: To get back to the topic, I could be the most dedicated PvE player, and it would still take me multiple years to even get close to getting the boots of radiant/hellfire set (as the system is now), nevermind the chest/legs. I don’t see how changing the requirements would lower the prestige any. If you’re dedicated to one game mode because you don’t like the others, or just don’t have time for the others, it would still take a very long time to get only one set, while the hardcore achievement hunters would easily have two in what, half the time (as well as the pinnacle weapons)?

(edited by Selene.9415)

Malediktus.9250

Its a reward for your total achievement score. Guess how pure WvW or PvP players feel? They are off much worse when it comes to their AP.
But in the end GW2 is one game and its your fault not anets fault if you choose to ignore some parts of it.

Posted by: Lua.4163

Lua.4163

A player that starts the game today is able to obtain 9034 achievement points. From those 9034 achievement points, 673 have been added in the past 4 months (counting since Season 2 started since the way that ANet is handling achievement points drastically changed). That player can also earn 15000 more points from Monthlies and Dailies, however it will take over 4 years to reach the cap. If it continues at this rate it will take that player around 13 years to obtain a full Radiant and Hellfire armor set and all Pinnacle weapons. (You must also consider that achievements like Yakslapper, and a full 50 HoM points are included in those 9034 points).
Existing players that play since release already have an enormous advantage because in the beginning of the game dailies gave out way more achievement points than they do now (that is why the top players on the ladder board already have their daily capped), they had the chance of doing all the temporarily achievement points from Living World Season 1 and all the old festival achievement points. And back then, achievements gave out way more points than they do now as you can clearly see the difference in the WvW Seasons, the first and second season gave out 300 and 405 points respectively and this one going on right now only gives 9 points after completing everything.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I do my daily every single day and play much more than that on weekends. I’ve been doing this since headstart and I have 12k AP. I think the Hellfire set is amazing, but I’ll be putting zero effort into intentionally earning AP to reach it. It’s just not feasible for a player like me (i.e. not casual, but not a hardcore AP hound).

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

I am at 24.7k AP currently, so I will get there one day if Anet keeps adding new content to the game.

I agree. Long term reward = something to work toward. I’ve been playing 2 years and just passed the 14k mark. By that pace, it’ll take me another three years, which I’m totally fine with.

I approve people will pass away before 33k AP

Not true. At the current pace, the achievement point chasers are going to be there within another year (the number 1 player just passed 25k AP): https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards

Vercinorix.3021

Life is a bunch of choices. Some are under your control, some are not. All choices have consequences and opportunity costs.

A couple of members of my guild at the 10k mark chose to focus on different things: one wanted legendaries- He’s now working on his 19th. One wanted to play GW2: Wall Street- He went from 0 gold 9 months ago to his target of 1 million gold at the beginning of this month.

If you’re not willing to play to achieve a goal you don’t deserve to have it handed to you. I never played GW1: do you think if I complained enough Arenanet will give me those 500 achievement points? If they did, how do you think all those people with the GWAMM title would feel? For that matter, even if I bought all the GW1 games getting those 500 points might be impossible now… but thats life.

When the achievement point reward system was introduced, there was enough information on the wiki to predict that if the pattern continued the remaining 3 pieces of one set would be awarded by the time you hit 29k. Some players decided at that point, (whether to go for that set or to get the account bonuses) to change their play to systematically get achievement points. Those players have been pretty much in lockstep with my own progress on the leaderboards. A few have passed me.

Everybody had access to the same information. Doing different things in this game gives different rewards, the degree of focus determines how much of any given reward you get. Thousands of people made the choice to systematically go for achievement points, and have already paid the opportunity cost to get to where they are. If getting those skins are really personally important, you’ll do the same.

SonOfJacob.7396

there are exactly 297 accounts that are above 21k ap. That is less than 1% of the population of the current playing player base.

Did you just “WE ARE THE 99%” about two sets of video game armor?

I like long term, but longer than the length of a president being in office is asinine.

Depends on the president.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

If you’re not willing to play to achieve a goal you don’t deserve to have it handed to you.

I think you know what you’re trying to say, but your sentence makes no sense. Why would you ever need the goal handed to you if you’re playing to achieve it?

Anyway, statements like yours are great in spirit, but they’re an absurd load of hyperbole. It isn’t black-and-white, “You either put in the hours every single day for years and years or you get it handed to you.”

There’s always a middle ground and the ground that the OP is asking for isn’t even in the middle. It’s still hugely to the advantage of people who have been around for years and put in the hours.

What I don’t understand from some of the people posting here is the complete lack of openness to any sort of change – even something that would still be in their favor. Are you afraid of losing the goal to work for? Is that it?

I mean, I’m just a little baffled is all. At the end of the day, this issue means nothing to me.

Or words to that effect.

Vercinorix.3021

If you’re not willing to play to achieve a goal you don’t deserve to have it handed to you.

I think you know what you’re trying to say, but your sentence makes no sense. Why would you ever need the goal handed to you if you’re playing to achieve it?

Anyway, statements like yours are great in spirit, but they’re an absurd load of hyperbole. It isn’t black-and-white, “You either put in the hours every single day for years and years or you get it handed to you.”

There’s always a middle ground and the ground that the OP is asking for isn’t even in the middle. It’s still hugely to the advantage of people who have been around for years and put in the hours.

What I don’t understand from some of the people posting here is the complete lack of openness to any sort of change – even something that would still be in their favor. Are you afraid of losing the goal to work for? Is that it?

I mean, I’m just a little baffled is all. At the end of the day, this issue means nothing to me.

There is no hyperbole about it, in any way.

As it stands right now, a full set will require a sustained commitment specifically towards achievement points over a period of years. If it is meant as an ultimate award for that type of play, it does not make sense for that reward to be commonly available 3 years into the game.

For people playing since the start, 18k achievement points should be pretty easily attainable by this time next year without any real special attention towards achievement points., in other words not any real effort or compromises to their regular routine. Thats where the “just handed to them” comes in -justifiably.

In contrast, the people who are very high up on the leaderboards have built their play around achievement points for the past 2 years and that has involved some real opportunity costs which can’t be recovered.

if you want a compromise suggestion sure, here’s one: change the reward brackets back to the original pattern where you’ll get the last piece of a single set at 29k. Let the people who got their 2nd pair of boots at 24k already keep em as a consolation prize since their effort had to be pretty much extreme to get that high.

That probably will take a year off the time needed to get a single complete set, and is pretty fair since it will still require those who have finally woken up a year later and decided oh hey I want this to go through about the same amount of effort and opportunity cost to get them as we already have.

SonOfJacob.7396

Asking for something like this is based on an “I really want it and don’t want to wait for it” attitude. I respect your thoughts, but I disagree with your conclusions. Again, I have 14k, have played pretty much every day since launch with dailies and doing the living story and pursuing what I can to get APs, but this game isn’t my life.

I’m good with waiting 3 more years to achieve all the armor pieces for both sets. Mostly because then it will actually mean I worked for it – rather than Anet pandering to some “give-it-to-me-now” rabble on the forums that will just have moved on from the game in three years anyway.

fellyn.5083

If full sets of the achievement armor are supposed to be penultimate long term awards for achievement hunters similar to the invitational tourney pvp sets, then yes 18k achievement points IS too easy. A year or so ago, when the revamped achievement point award system was introduced, I had 9600. That was pretty high up on the leaderboards at the time. Now 10k isn’t enough to even show up on the leaderboards. Half of my 160 person guild is over 10k, including plenty of people who have zero focus on achievements.

It is a pretty reasonable assumption that trend will hold true among actually active players and 18k won’t be enough achievement points to be on the leaderboards by this time next year. Also yes, 3 years is very early in the lifespan of a successful MMO. EQ1 is still going after 15 years, Dark Age of Camelot still has the lights on after 13, and WoW is about to hit the 10th anniversary with more current subscribers than all the copies of GW2 sold to date.

A player gets achievement points for doing practically anything in GW2. You get a lot of achievement points by trying and doing all aspects of the game. They exist as an incentive to get you to try new things. With that in mind, it isn’t unreasonable to have awards in place to reward a consistent, sustained dedication to the entire game over a period of years as opposed to something like Yakslapper which requires a completely insane dedication to repeating a very boring, monotonous SINGLE task for years.

But they aren’t. From what I’ve seen anet has not even acknowledged they’re even in the game. There has literally been 0 talk from anet reps about them that I’ve seen.

And still, good for you, your friends, and your guild mates. You’re still in the upper 5% of the games population for ap’s.

Just to repeat for the sake of repetition and the hope that it sinks in. Less than 1% of the game population has more than 15k ap.

There is also the fact that a lot of chose certain ap rewards before there the boots even existed, not to mention the chest and pants parts.

It’s not exactly fair that they release this stuff after we’re set on a certain path.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

fellyn.5083

there are exactly 297 accounts that are above 21k ap. That is less than 1% of the population of the current playing player base.

I like long term, but longer than the length of a president being in office is asinine.

No, just stating a fact. People are claiming these sets are meant to be rare but anet has never said as much.

In fact they haven’t said anything about them anywhere, from what I can tell.

So people saying they should be rare and prestige armor is just their assumption until anet actually says that.

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I think it is kind of weird to be force to get multiples pieces for two different sets before being able to complete a single set.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

fellyn.5083

I think it is kind of weird to be force to get multiples pieces for two different sets before being able to complete a single set.

Well it’s not weird if you think about how they were added to the game.

When the ap system was reworked we only had the gloves, helmets, and shoulders. Later the boots were added, and then most recently the chest and pants.

All the while (like most things with this game) they don’t think things through and we the players are hampered by their extreme shortsightedness.

Now that the sets are complete it only makes sense for them to be reshuffled. And we should be able to choose different rewards too. Given that the majority of people who would actually care about this chose their radiant or hellfire parts before even the boots were added to the game.

If such a thing were to happen it would barely affect anyone.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Vercinorix.3021

But they aren’t. From what I’ve seen anet has not even acknowledged they’re even in the game. There has literally been 0 talk from anet reps about them that I’ve seen.

And still, good for you, your friends, and your guild mates. You’re still in the upper 5% of the games population for ap’s.

Just to repeat for the sake of repetition and the hope that it sinks in. Less than 1% of the game population has more than 15k ap.

There is also the fact that a lot of chose certain ap rewards before there the boots even existed, not to mention the chest and pants parts.

It’s not exactly fair that they release this stuff after we’re set on a certain path.

This table has been present since the July 2013 patch that revised the achievement rewards. It went out to 20k at that time. It was extended to 25k in the feature pack last April, and was extended to its final form with this last patch. If for some reason you don’t think it is accurate you can always send a PM to Venge. S/he is definitely at a point where the 27k chest can be previewed (which is when the first pair of legs is awarded.)

I’m going to assume here that the “but they aren’t” was referring to my “penultimate long term awards” comment. Would you mind clarifying the point you were trying to get across? Did you take issue with “long term award” or “penultimate” or was it something else?

The whole “x percentage of the population thing” really doesn’t matter much except to prove how at least up to now how much most players really didn’t care about APs. If you played since launch, and the ONLY thing you aimed for was doing all the dailies, you would have a minimum 15-18k AP by now. That takes 2 hours or less, and would only take about 1500 hours playtime… well within the range of casual play. If you’ve got that amount of playtime or more and aren’t at that range or higher its pure and simple because you’ve chosen not to. When you choose not to participate in an activity you won’t get the rewards associated with it. How hard is that to grasp?

Finally, considering that you get both sets in tandem its not like it matters what piece you choose first.

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

Bill Clinton 2016!!!!!

But, yes, the armour skins need a slight rework.
I prefer the idea of making an entire set available before double-tapping rewards, even if it does take 18k AP. *-edit: … mostly because it’s really really hard to show off both your radiant and hellfire gloves at the same time

“No, I don’t.”

(edited by Spiderbite.8049)

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I`m almost at 12K achievement points and in average player terms, that is regarded as quite high. However, I`m now looking at getting parts of the hellfire set that I do not want and will not use.

Basically, it will take me a heck of a lot of work to raise my achievement totals to the next radiant piece and that just isn’t worth the bother. So I and many like me will just plod on with our daily/monthly additions, knowing that we will never realistically complete our set, despite being on the top end of the average player achievement curve.

There is a big gulf between the people who have 10k or so and those who have 20k, with nothing in the middle. To make matters worse, many of those who have 20k plus have no intention of wearing the armour anyway.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Eh, I don’t really mind it myself. I’d rather go through all the trouble of achievement hunting to get those skins. Makes finally getting them all the more special.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I meant a single presidential term. My bad, but I have a feeling you knew what I meant.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They’re adding new AP in every patch, and sometime they update older AP (For example: Black lion Weapon collection, only 3 AP/set, i doubt they will stay 3 AP forever.)

And yet the rate of new AP’s introduced to the game is going down, not up.

I agree. Long term reward = something to work toward. I’ve been playing 2 years and just passed the 14k mark. By that pace, it’ll take me another three years, which I’m totally fine with.

Except it won’t be at the same pace. Dailies and monthlies are capped, you likely already ran out of all the easy core AP’s, and LS ap numbers are now way lower than they were before.
Even if you will get every new AP from now on, i am pretty certain the full set will take you way more than three years. Perhaps 3-4 years will be enough for the several top leaderboard players (those at the 24-25k level), assuming they will all keep up the effort (and not all of them will).

So, several years in the future, there will be only a small handful of people with this armor (and noone that didn’t start at the very beginning will have a chance to get there at all).

This may satisfy people like Malediktus – the few that actually have a chance (most likely because they do have a chance, and know everyone else doesn’t – wonder what the same people would say if they found themselves on the other side of the divide), but is hardly satisfactory for the large majority of players that also did put a lot of effort into this game, but perhaps have a little more RL life.

Asking for 18k ap for the entire set is not an entitlement, nor it is (as some people suggest) trivially easy to get. I bet that even when first people start getting the chest pieces, 18k would still be high enough to put you in the top 1-2% of the active players.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I am concerned about the Radiant and Hellfire skins because I don’t think that the Achievements rewards are well balanced. After checking the Achievement Point (AP) Reward table on the wiki (see attachment), I made a few changes to make it possible for players to acquire one full set until 18k AP and another full set until 36k AP (see attachment).
The way the system works right now is very questionable because you will acquire 2x Helmets, 2x Gloves, 2x Boots before you can acquire any Top or Bottom piece and it would be more productive to work towards one full set before getting additional parts of the other set.
Since many already made their choice for their second pair of gloves, shoes and helmet I would recommend either resetting those rewards or even letting those select players keep those skins as a “bonus”. If you let those players who already have the 2nd gloves/shoes/helmet keep those skins they would have an advantage but it would still be better for the new players to have this change implemented because the way it is right now, they would never have the chance of getting one full set or even both sets complete. What are your thoughts?

Links:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Radiant_armor
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hellfire_armor
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2h668p/radiant_and_hellfire_armor_skins_achievement/

You think they even thought about it? Don’t use that kind of logic,… you will never end finding logic flaws in GW2.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

fellyn.5083

This table has been present since the July 2013 patch that revised the achievement rewards. It went out to 20k at that time. It was extended to 25k in the feature pack last April, and was extended to its final form with this last patch. If for some reason you don’t think it is accurate you can always send a PM to Venge. S/he is definitely at a point where the 27k chest can be previewed (which is when the first pair of legs is awarded.)

I’m going to assume here that the “but they aren’t” was referring to my “penultimate long term awards” comment. Would you mind clarifying the point you were trying to get across? Did you take issue with “long term award” or “penultimate” or was it something else?

The whole “x percentage of the population thing” really doesn’t matter much except to prove how at least up to now how much most players really didn’t care about APs. If you played since launch, and the ONLY thing you aimed for was doing all the dailies, you would have a minimum 15-18k AP by now. That takes 2 hours or less, and would only take about 1500 hours playtime… well within the range of casual play. If you’ve got that amount of playtime or more and aren’t at that range or higher its pure and simple because you’ve chosen not to. When you choose not to participate in an activity you won’t get the rewards associated with it. How hard is that to grasp?

Finally, considering that you get both sets in tandem its not like it matters what piece you choose first.

It’s the whole ‘penultimate’ thing. The only reason the rewards are structured that way is because that’s the order in which they were added to the game.

It doesn’t make sense that you have to start another set before you can even begin to finish the first.

And you get both sets in tandem, since when? Last I checked you only got one or the other at a time.

And the percentages do matter. Because people keep using the same stupid argument that they’re meant to be rare and the only ones who have said as much are the ones using that argument.

So for the sake of argument we can prove through percentages that if the rewards are restructured they would still, in fact, be rare.

I really don’t get why people are against the idea of restructuring the ap rewards. It would literally change nothing, except for the extremely small amount of people above 18000 ap.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Imagine what will happen when someone reaches the APs to get Hellfire/Radiant chest armor and has to choose between Light/Medium/Heavy versions :X (The others obtainable at 3k/6k APs)

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

I have a solution.
Pool them like the zodiac skins.
Where you get to pick your part out of the sets.

Thats even worse than OPs suggestion.

Not really. You still need 18,000 points for a full set. :/
Or are you one of those people that has them all already?
:/

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Posted by: lin.6487

lin.6487

i would pay gold if i can have full set of hellfire before other Radiant pieces. but it seem bit crazy how much AP needed to get these armor and we have no choice on the matter of picking both set before we can pick any other seem stupid. took me 2 years to get to 18k AP so i don’t want to spent another 2 year just so i can finish 1 set.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Yeah, everyone knows the only reason its like this is because of the order they created the stuff and added it in to the game. They should make it like the weapon skins so you can choose what skin out of all of them to pick but changing the order so that you can at least get 1 full set at 18k I think would suffice.

At 18k it would still be extremely rare. And those that like to be special and have what no one else has can have a special title and both sets unlocked at 36k. The few that make it to 36k will be alone for a decade and the few that make it to 18k will be able to feel special for about 5 years before they start seeing anyone else wearing the armor. Is that not good enough or do you really have to have everything with out anyone else getting there for an entire decade. talk about entitled.

PS. I just wanted to add that the only reason people are so far ahead is because there was a lot more ap being handed out in the start. If everyone could still get the same amount of ap now as when the game launched then it wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Currently though, people could put in as much work or even more work into getting the APs as the leaders but they will not earn as much in the same amount of time. People aren’t asking for hand outs. They just see that the deck is stacked in one direction. If arenanet actually figures out a way to balance the AP rewards so they are equal to what the leaders had the option of getting, then leaving the unlock system the way it is now would be more acceptable.

What I mean by this is that people should be able to get over 20k AP in 2 years if they start and try right now just like the leaders could. Telling people they just want a free hand out when that is exactly what you got is hypocritical and shows you’re just a selfish person.

(edited by Lobo Dela Noche.5127)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

For those complaining it would be unfair to move the armor pieces to earlier AP tallies because those with higher AP would have missed their chance at them, there’s no reason they couldn’t be retroactively awarded.

I’m another who’s been playing actively since headstart with few breaks and with a lot of dailies, monthlies, and LS achieves gained (no WvW or sPvP though) and I’m just past 12K. I sort of burned out on the game after the town clothes fiasco, and haven’t tried real hard at the Dry Top achieves (lack of a meta-achieve reward contributed to that), or I’d likely be around 13K.

I’ve been gung ho for this game from the Alpha days, and hope to have that rekindled when the “big things in the wings” come to light. But even I have lost the oomph for regular AP gathering; I doubt I’ll see 18K any time soon, let alone 36K. Imo the skins are just priced out of reach for far too great a proportion of the player base. Sure there should be some rewards for years of play; the birthday gifts can cover that (putting aside the general opinion on the quality of the gifts).

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

For those complaining it would be unfair to move the armor pieces to earlier AP tallies because those with higher AP would have missed their chance at them, there’s no reason they couldn’t be retroactively awarded.

I’m another who’s been playing actively since headstart with few breaks and with a lot of dailies, monthlies, and LS achieves gained (no WvW or sPvP though) and I’m just past 12K. I sort of burned out on the game after the town clothes fiasco, and haven’t tried real hard at the Dry Top achieves (lack of a meta-achieve reward contributed to that), or I’d likely be around 13K.

I’ve been gung ho for this game from the Alpha days, and hope to have that rekindled when the “big things in the wings” come to light. But even I have lost the oomph for regular AP gathering; I doubt I’ll see 18K any time soon, let alone 36K. Imo the skins are just priced out of reach for far too great a proportion of the player base. Sure there should be some rewards for years of play; the birthday gifts can cover that (putting aside the general opinion on the quality of the gifts).

I agree, a long term goal in a video game can take a couple of years but asking it to take a decade is over the top. Birthday gifts can and should cover that and they should be increasingly better rewards every year. For 5 years maybe something like choice of a precursor or maybe even a special 5 year anniversary suit of armor and then have another suit that unlocks at the 10 year mark. Make it like the first unlock but with special effects.

fellyn.5083

Yeah, everyone knows the only reason its like this is because of the order they created the stuff and added it in to the game. They should make it like the weapon skins so you can choose what skin out of all of them to pick but changing the order so that you can at least get 1 full set at 18k I think would suffice.

At 18k it would still be extremely rare. And those that like to be special and have what no one else has can have a special title and both sets unlocked at 36k. The few that make it to 36k will be alone for a decade and the few that make it to 18k will be able to feel special for about 5 years before they start seeing anyone else wearing the armor. Is that not good enough or do you really have to have everything with out anyone else getting there for an entire decade. talk about entitled.

PS. I just wanted to add that the only reason people are so far ahead is because there was a lot more ap being handed out in the start. If everyone could still get the same amount of ap now as when the game launched then it wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Currently though, people could put in as much work or even more work into getting the APs as the leaders but they will not earn as much in the same amount of time. People aren’t asking for hand outs. They just see that the deck is stacked in one direction. If arenanet actually figures out a way to balance the AP rewards so they are equal to what the leaders had the option of getting, then leaving the unlock system the way it is now would be more acceptable.

What I mean by this is that people should be able to get over 20k AP in 2 years if they start and try right now just like the leaders could. Telling people they just want a free hand out when that is exactly what you got is hypocritical and shows you’re just a selfish person.

That’s one of the biggest issues for me. All the new players or people who simple couldn’t play GW2 back during season 1 of living story will not ever have access to all that AP that was missed.

Which is how all the people who have 18k+ ap today got theirs. It’s not fair to argue “well it needs to be rare it’s fine as is I have 22k ap right now lol” when the way you got your ap no longer exists in the game and won’t ever exist again.

This is something the people who use the “it’s fine, needs to be rare” argument always conveniently overlook. Anyone who started playing after season 1 ended will realistically never be able to finish either set of armor unless anet not only drastically increase ap gained again but also reshuffles the rewards around so they make sense.

lin.6487

yeah they should retroactively awarded or even take away the old one and let us pick them all over again i don’t mind. i was force to choose the radiant armor not a fan of them.

fellyn.5083

We all had to choose one set or the other before we even saw the complete set now.

I personally chose radiant but if I could do it over I would go with hellfire. The complete Hellfire set looks better than the complete Radiant set (in my opinion).

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We all had to choose one set or the other before we even saw the complete set now.

I personally chose radiant but if I could do it over I would go with hellfire. The complete Hellfire set looks better than the complete Radiant set (in my opinion).

The same – the first 3 pieces weren’t that good, but for the last 2 the quality got reversed, and Hellfire just blows Radiant out of the water (in all 3 weight categories).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

lin.6487

Agreed the hellfire set is awesome looking. If Anet can re look at the reward for the achievement would be good. if any one wonder what they look like dulfy has it here the link http://dulfy.net/2014/09/09/gw2-radiant-and-hellfire-chests-and-legs/

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

As a player with over 23,220 point at the moment i find this offensive mostly due to the fact in two or three days I will be maxed out on daily points from the daily I am at 15 points to reach the maxing to be hard capped, I have no idea how to get points now days apart from the LS content and finishing personal achievement which to tell you the truth are not that many. All I ever did was to do dailies since the start, specially since when they where simple and fast to do so I could focus on other things, I do not mind but 36000 Achievement points will be a lot harder to get down the road when people get to the capped point and their daily monthly achievements counts for nothing at all and you have to hope for some content to increase said numbers. I even think that my friend that got the first place a couple of months ago doesn’t even play gw2 anymore since I don’t see him online and he had a lot more then me.

lin.6487

As a player with over 23,220 point at the moment i find this offensive mostly due to the fact in two or three days I will be maxed out on daily points from the daily I am at 15 points to reach the maxing to be hard capped, I have no idea how to get points now days apart from the LS content and finishing personal achievement which to tell you the truth are not that many. All I ever did was to do dailies since the start, specially since when they where simple and fast to do so I could focus on other things, I do not mind but 36000 Achievement points will be a lot harder to get down the road when people get to the capped point and their daily monthly achievements counts for nothing at all and you have to hope for some content to increase said numbers. I even think that my friend that got the first place a couple of months ago doesn’t even play gw2 anymore since I don’t see him online and he had a lot more then me.

yeah for sure, now that there is a AP cap it will make getting the armor even more impossible. 36k is like 3-5 years from now for most player. since all the living story ap isn’t that many. like 100-200 ps the most each episode and they are like 1 -2 episode per month.