in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

annoying Forum bugs

Radiant and Hellfire Armor Skins

Posted by: Lua.4163

Lua.4163

You guys do realize they plan on this game going for many more years right?

Let’s hope that they will have the decency of creating new armor sets during those “many more years” instead of making something like this that is nearly unobtainable.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

This is just more “I want it now/Make it easier thread”. For all we know there could easily be 10k+ AP available with HoT.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t think newer players should earn dailies at a faster rate than older players. It’s not like getting 12 AP per day was “normal”, or doing all monthlies each month, that took some significant amount of time every day, not to mention it required to play PVE, PVP AND WvW every day/month. Now you get 10 AP in 10-20 minutes but to get 12 with the old system you needed more than double that time and also invest in all play modes.

You forget that one of the early iteration of dailies gave 5 points per each daily. That was 25 AP’s for PvE dailies alone. And those were generic dailies, which required no additional time spent on them to complete.
There’s nothing like that for new players now.

This is just more “I want it now/Make it easier thread”. For all we know there could easily be 10k+ AP available with HoT.

If there will be 10k+ AP available with HoT, i may change my mind. As i have already mentioned in this thread.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Adding 10k+ AP with HoT wont change anything. Anet would (have to) add new rewards for higher AP and people would cry for the new rewards.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: oOCitadelOo.2381

oOCitadelOo.2381

…on an unrelated note, kind of, I think Anet should allow of such armor to be dye-able.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It might be possible to get theses skins one day if Anet actually cared about WvW and PvP achievements.

Right now these armors are for PvE players only.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

It might be possible to get theses skins one day if Anet actually cared about WvW and PvP achievements.

WvW and PvP are a calling. Players should resign themselves to the blunt fact that they are there to be played for the standalone enjoyment they provide.

If I want something from a game mode I don’t enjoy playing, I decide how much I want it, and if it hits the desire threshold I suck it up and play another game mode.

maddoctor.2738

I’d say PVP has a good amount of doable/playable achievements. You get the same daily as everyone else (maybe faster than PVE too). There are a total of 1651 achievements in PVP, most of them are perfectly doable for all players if you invest some time and actually play PVP. You can also unlock many collection achievements in PVP too.

WvW on the other hand is a total mess, currently there are 809 Achievement points in WvW but most of them are behind insane grind, even for regular WvWers, I doubt anyone has the dolyak killer yet even though it’s the easiest of the “grindy” WvW achies. And there are hardly any collections doable in WvW. WvW needs way more achievements, or even better an expansion/rework of some of the current ones to have way more tiers.

maddoctor.2738

Adding 10k+ AP with HoT wont change anything. Anet would (have to) add new rewards for higher AP and people would cry for the new rewards.

I guess they will add ~6k AP with HoT, enough to max both Radiant and Hellfire sets if you do everything (max at 36k) and “not enough” to require a new reward at 39k which is the next place they will have to add the next AP armor.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, but the game will go on. If HoT gives 6k AP i give it max a year until the first people reach 40k

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes, but the game will go on. If HoT gives 6k AP i give it max a year until the first people reach 40k

unlikely.

There are a total of 9716 earnable AP’s in the game currently.

There are 4952 AP’s that were previously earnable

There is a cap of 15,000 AP’s from dailies

The highest anyone can currently get is: 29,968.

That doesn’t include some festival dailies, which add ~300 more points.

HoT would have to add 11k AP’s in order for anyone to reach 40k, given an infinite amount of time (which some of the WvW AP’s take)

Posted by: Mana Vortex.7543

Mana Vortex.7543

Hands up anyone who has a full set?

Nobody?

QED

Put another way, if nobody ever has these, there’s no point in having them in-game. Of the few people that may get them, even fewer would wear them because they have their own skins that they like. Players wouldn’t even see them in the game let alone have them. It’s a waste of developer effort to develop a skin that nobody ever sees.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Nobody?

QED

Put another way, if nobody ever has these, there’s no point in having them in-game. Of the few people that may get them, even fewer would wear them because they have their own skins that they like. Players wouldn’t even see them in the game let alone have them. It’s a waste of developer effort to develop a skin that nobody ever sees.

I got the first 3 hellfire AND the first 3 radiant pieces. I HATE the radiant skins. Why can’t I have 6 hellfire pieces and 0 radiant pieces

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Nobody?

QED

I have a full set of radiant. Nobody has both sets completed yet and most definitely not the backpacks. I wouldn’t expect anyone to get the backpacks until the end of next year.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Nobody?

QED

I have the full Hellfire set currently, and wear it proudly.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Nobody?

QED

The entire Achievement Reward system is supposed to be an incentive for however long the game lasts. There are MMOs that last 10 years and are still going. There is no reason to believe that anyone was supposed to get everything yet. In a year or two more and more long-term players will have full sets. Then people will be complaining that they are too common.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Nobody?

QED

The entire Achievement Reward system is supposed to be an incentive for however long the game lasts. There are MMOs that last 10 years and are still going. There is no reason to believe that anyone was supposed to get everything yet. In a year or two more and more long-term players will have full sets. Then people will be complaining that they are too common.

Except the number of long-term players doesn’t equate to the number of people with a high amount of achievement points. I’ve been playing for a very long time and I only have 5k achievement points. There are very few people with more than 25k AP and once Anet realizes that less than 5% of the population is ever going to acquire these skins, they’ll probably scramble to change it.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Ayrilana.1396

Nobody?

QED

Except the number of long-term players doesn’t equate to the number of people with a high amount of achievement points. I’ve been playing for a very long time and I only have 5k achievement points. There are very few people with more than 25k AP and once Anet realizes that less than 5% of the population is ever going to acquire these skins, they’ll probably scramble to change it.

Unless that was their intent.

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

GW3 will be out before I get the AP for the full Radiant set. I’ve been playing since the beta and I only have ~13k AP.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I’m very close (less than 2K AP away) to having a full armor set (probably will pick Hellfire) when I hit 30K AP without really trying after 4 years of playing. Point, I have not done raiding ever (and have no real plans to ever do so), I haven’t done fractals for over a year so there’s a ton of achievements there I haven’t done and I also haven’t done many of the dungeons (in fact, I still need to do two of the dungeon stories still )

I wouldn’t call me a casual-player type though. But if I can hit sub 29K AP in 4 years and a few months, I honestly think it is fine. I have never AP hunted per se the entire time of playing except for the purpose of getting Tyria and HoT mastery points.

Only reason I am commenting is because I was looking at this the other day and thinking of new goals to do in GW2 playtime and realized I was actually pretty close.

39K for the back piece is somewhat far-fetched (at least without another expansion) in my eyes but there are 2-3 awesome looking fire/molten-themed back pieces anyways (even the bat wings looks pretty good).

FYI – If you get the helm, shoulders, hands, boots, the Citadel of Flame chest and leg armor [&CtECAAA=] and [&CtACAAA=] looks almost better with it anyways – especially the non-skirt leggings and use Pyre/Molten dye and Charcoal dye to match to color scheme.

TL;DR I think it’s fine as is.

Galtrix.7369

Nobody?

QED

I’d be fine with that if the acquisition of the armor pieces made sense… but it doesn’t. You get two pairs of gloves and the shoulders way before you get anything else. And the weapons become more of an annoyance than anything. I must’ve received around 5 or 6 of those stupid weapon skins. The achievement rewards just lack any sort of polish, leading people to quit going after achievements long before they even get those rewards. Kids could develop a better reward system.

Ayrilana.1396

Nobody?

QED

I’d be fine with that if the acquisition of the armor pieces made sense… but it doesn’t. You get two pairs of gloves and the shoulders way before you get anything else. And the weapons become more of an annoyance than anything. I must’ve received around 5 or 6 of those stupid weapon skins. The achievement rewards just lack any sort of polish, leading people to quit going after achievements long before they even get those rewards. Kids could develop a better reward system.

That could be their intent as well otherwise the full armor set would be much more common. If someone only needed to earn 18K achievement points, how many more players would have it?

Galtrix.7369

Nobody?

QED

That could be their intent as well otherwise the full armor set would be much more common. If someone only needed to earn 18K achievement points, how many more players would have it?

That would be true if they made it available at 18k points, but I would have implemented other rewards that lead up to the acquisition of the armor at 30k achievement points. So, it would still take a decent amount of achievement points to acquire, but there would at least be a very clear and direct path to getting them.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Nobody?

QED

Just because long-term players are more likely to have more Achievement Points doesn’t mean that EVERY long-term player will (of course). If a player isn’t very interested in chasing AP, they won’t have as many as others. Which is as it should be.

I’m not sure that Anet will change the Achievement system in that case. There are many items in the game that are super-rare by design.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol