Radiant armor Hellfire armor & Zenith Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

So what do we know about these three things? Pictures, information?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

We know what the staff looks like and a few of the pieces. We also know that there are only helmets/shoulders/gloves.

See: [src] for their icons. (Page 3 and 4 have Zenith Weapons)

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Here’s a picture of the Zenith sword and shield that most people don’t know about.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/8533731/05_Zenith.jpg

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

I wonder how will be called this time: bazaar crates or will be hide in blchest?

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

mrauls.6519

Oh man I can only imagine how the greatsword will look. AMAZING

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I wonder how will be called this time: bazaar crates or will be hide in blchest?

Hate to break it to you, but neither.

These are rewards for the new Achievement Point reward system.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

This is why I only log in for the LA skin of the month, the aesthetic of the game is just going completely away from my tastes. Need some more elegant/ornamental/slick stuff added(like the new rapier and pistol) for me to get interested or excited again.

That stuff just looks dumb to me, but to each their own of course.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

This is why I only log in for the LA skin of the month, the aesthetic of the game is just going completely away from my tastes. Need some more elegant/ornamental/slick stuff added(like the new rapier and pistol) for me to get interested or excited again.

Yeah, I don’t like the look of em either. Hopefully the armor pieces look better.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

i like glowy and shiny weapons. there should be more in gw2. (but with better skins ofc)

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

The way i see it is this: as long we have other nicer sparkly shiny stuff that doesn’t have fire all over it, then I’m cool with it. Come to think of it, I might actually dig the electrical stuff.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

They need to make sexy female Asuran light Armour

PS. Cant remember where but they said that now with every new monthly living world expansion there will be skins to match

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Posted by: Cresll.2406

Cresll.2406

I love this game but the weapon and armor skins in this game are beyond meh.
So many styles but only a handfull are realy good.

Sagranax – EXG – Desolation

(edited by Cresll.2406)

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Yeah, I miss all the very classy armors and weapons we had in Aion already. GW2 is just more and more vision impairing flashy particle stuff it seems.

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I’m 100% with you, where’s the elegant, simpler non shiny looking stuff?
Every single armor they added, but more importantly every single weapon they added just didn’t catch my interest in the slightest; it’s all so flashy.

I wanna look sleek, pretty and elegant not look like a christmas tree.

Don’t get me wrong I understand some people like that kind of stuff and great for them, it’s nice that they’re adding that into the game. But for us who don’t fancy that kind of exaggerated look, we’re kind of getting the short end of the stick.

On a more personal note; once more necromancers being ignored aesthetically. Not a single armor or weapon they’ve added looks good for a necromancer, the closest thing to a necro they added was sclerite, and barely.

The problem with that is most of the weapons necros could use that were sclerite looked like kitten, the staff and scepter for example; thin long beams of metal with tiny awkwardly placed eye balls at the end with more metallic-like horns growing out of it.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Those skins are awefull…Im Really not into glowey/flamey/ type weapons…its just not my taste.I would love for them to come up with some realistic looking stuff for once….Same goes for armor,im not about to dress myself as a huge flamig ball of fire with arms and legs

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

So the new armor is just shoulders, helm and gloves?

mrauls.6519

Anyone got anything new

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

So the new armor is just shoulders, helm and gloves?

I hope not, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the case…

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

The Zenith weapons sure look like they’re made of some sort of crystal. And since we all know that Quartz is a crystal and it is being introduced in this update, it wouldn’t surprise me if the two are actually related.

Maybe just a coincidence, but both have something to do with watches. Zenith, beside being a term for the highest point reached by a celestial body above the place of observation, is also a famous swiss watch manufacture, and quartz is commonly used in the construction of clocks and watches.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Cool looking weapons but are they adding any content in which we can actually use them in?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

The Zenith weapons sure look like they’re made of some sort of crystal. And since we all know that Quartz is a crystal and it is being introduced in this update, it wouldn’t surprise me if the two are actually related.

Maybe just a coincidence, but both have something to do with watches. Zenith, beside being a term for the highest point reached by a celestial body above the place of observation, is also a famous swiss watch manufacture, and quartz is commonly used in the construction of clocks and watches.

Ah, inductive reasoning.

“Because A=B and C=B, A must equal C through relation to B”

English 101, just because said things have some middle ground in common doesnt make them related in any way.

Hermes.7014

Ah, inductive reasoning.

“Because A=B and C=B, A must equal C through relation to B”

English 101, just because said things have some middle ground in common doesnt make them related in any way.

And where have I stated they are somewhat related? I’ve just said I wouldn’t be surprised if they were.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Gamaken.6784

Gamaken.6784

I want some nice flashy armor for my asura. Asura pretty much look like crap in any armor aside from the CoF armor. I want something that shines…rather than burns..already have two sets of armor that burns.

Posted by: Gamaken.6784

Gamaken.6784

I think that the zenith weapons might look pretty nice on my charr, or human. We’ll see.

Posted by: AusterlitZ.7941

AusterlitZ.7941

these are the 2 armors (they are only helm,chest,gloves)
http://i.imgur.com/usPDtnf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M7BpCKI.jpg

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

More particles. Eugh. No thank you.

Hermes.7014

Why? Weapons with particle effects are usually the most popular.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m really hoping they won’t use the same skins for all armor types.. -_- I don’t know how I’d be able to mix the hellfire with any light armors we have at the moment and I severely dislike cof set,

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Personal preference. I have nothing against particles general, but they’re way overdone in GW2. There’s no particle effects slider, so if there are many players wearing gear with particle effects there’s nothing to mitigate the lag and clutter induced by them.

Posted by: Lissahkins.7265

Lissahkins.7265

Personal preference. I have nothing against particles general, but they’re way overdone in GW2. There’s no particle effects slider, so if there are many players wearing gear with particle effects there’s nothing to mitigate the lag and clutter induced by them.

To me, after having played WoW in between GW1 and 2, these armors/weapons are tame…very very tame. I mean…for heaven’s sake I had a staff that turned me into a dragon and shoulders on my tiny blood elf that looked like bird-baths. I think these are tasteful and nice. Very pretty rewards for achievements reached in game. Hopefully attaining them isn’t super crazy, but even if it takes a while- that staff skin is prettier than a lot of the ones out now! I will have to get it for my Ele!

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Why we still can’t dye weapons? I would like to see Zenith set in blue or green…

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

My god anet what is your fascination with fire armor and weapons?!

The zenith and radiant stuff is good because its different. Please no more flame stuff!!!

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

Delryn.7235

The day Anet releases an armor/weapon that matches a necromancer’s look will be… never mind I’m not even gonna think about it.

I wish I could be getting excited for the new gear being added but dammit my necro isn’t gonna wear a single piece.

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

The zenith and radiant stuff is good because its different. Please no more flame stuff!!!

this! i want necro stuff. green and black and grey etc.. not more flames…

if the flames would at least be dyable

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

i want necro stuff. green and black and grey etc.. not more flames...

I would pay a decent sum to have black flames. Yes…yes I would.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Here you go!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_Grinning_Shield_Skin

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

The day Anet releases an armor/weapon that matches a necromancer’s look will be… never mind I’m not even gonna think about it.

I wish I could be getting excited for the new gear being added but dammit my necro isn’t gonna wear a single piece.

Yeah ummm didn’t take them long… this was in the Halloween event-

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scythe_Staff_Skin

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Here you go!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_Grinning_Shield_Skin

One single blackflaming shield =/= armor sets and different weapons with black/dyable flames/particle effects

And while there are plenty of necro-like staff (+s, plural, but the kittened filter censors it…), it’s rather scarce when it comes to other weapons and armor.

But it doesnt even matter. even if they would introduce necro-armor skins it would probably still look kitten on my charr, thanks to clipping issues and stretched textures…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

that radiant armor will be a good match for those legendary greatswords.
but,,…
aside from few shiny particles, these armor skin is pretty plain looking.
though it will show some kind of prestige, because of the method of obtaining it is through achievements. which kinda feels a little chorry for me.

Delryn.7235

Yeah ummm didn’t take them long… this was in the Halloween event-

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scythe_Staff_Skin

Yes because one single very plain and dull looking weapon that was nearly as difficult to achieve as a legendary makes up for the constant barrage of new gear that’s being added multiple times a month.

Not to mention when necros use their staff there’s a scythe animation already on it, which kind of gets in the way of that scythe and makes it look a bit lame.

Either way it’s true that there was one or two single sole weapons added that match a necro’s look. But compared to the multiple armors sets, and various weapon sets that gets added all the time, two ugly impossible to get weapons that were added early on just… you know?

It’s pretty disheartening when almost a year later you’ve gotten new gear for most of your alts yet your necro which is your main most favorite character is using the same Arah armor from months back…

That’s not even going into the fact no legendary weapon looks somewhat decent on a necro so that’s something else I don’t have :C

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

But it doesnt even matter. even if they would introduce necro-armor skins it would probably still look kitten on my charr, thanks to clipping issues and stretched textures…

Um…last time I looked there are somewhere around five different light armor sets that seem to have been made specifically for the necromancer.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/83/Human_male_PvP_Seer_armor.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/7/7e/Cabalist_armor_sylvari_male_front.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/3/33/Shadow_armor_human_male_front.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/e8/Arah_armor_light_human_male_front.jpg

And don’t forget the Profane set in the gem shop. That one actually is a necromancer set from GW1.

(edited by Arkham Creed.7358)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Armour

Shadow Armour

Tactical Armour

Nightmare Armour

Arah armour

Staff

Deathwish

Final Rest

Melandru’s Gaze

Terebinth_Staff

Scepter

Charged Scepter

Eye of Rodgort / Lidless Eye

Ogre Truncheon

Pirate Cane

Zhaitan’s Reach

Godskull Cesta

Axe

Godskull Sickle

Jaws of Death

Maw of the Dammed

Tribal Axe

Dagger

Godskull Kris

Malefacterym

Foci

Adam

Godskull Effigy

Malice

Mojo

Warhorn

Godskull Trumpet

Obviously it’s personal preference, but I feel these fit in with the Necro theme quite well.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Here’s my necromancer in her very scary and very necromancery armor! She also uses the princess wand which is, I think, the best (and scariest) weapon skin the whole danged game.

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Maw of The Kitten Ed. I prefer that to the actual title. Who is Kitten Ed? Why do we have his maw?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hey, my necromancer is a cheerful woman, into vivid reds and oranges. Not fire, though. She just looks good in autumnal colors. Stereotypical necromancy has a fascination with skulls and darkness but lore here says it’s just another energy system without a “taint” on the practitioners and that’s how I play her.

Though as pointed out just above this, the “standard” dark broody ritual look is well represented in game.

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Can’t say Im overly taken with what I have seen of the new helmets, shoulders and gloves. I guess, like most people, I am waiting till the 9th to find out exactly what they cost in terms of AP. If getting a set equals most of the 5500 or so points I have accumulated, then I probably wont be that interested. I would rather be able to buy mats or hey, a precursor maybe?

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Girlish and cute items are dominating the game, for example quaggan plushes, flower power and rainbow nyan cat legendaries, princess items, pink high grade weapons etc.. So don’t expect any high-grade looking item that suits necromancer’s character type well. Personally i’ve crafted a bifrost and changed my arah armor to celestial dye. But all I wanted as a necro was a legendary “gothic” staff with black flames and green glowing aura on it. At least they should allow us to dye our weapons/particle effects, so I can change my bifrost’s color scheme -_-

Posted by: War Siren.2346

War Siren.2346

Here’s a picture of the Zenith sword and shield that most people don’t know about.

Ewww, eww, eww seriously they need to higher someone new to design their weapons and armor. :-/

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Ewww, eww, eww seriously they need to higher someone new to design their weapons and armor. :-/

but but but…. I like how they look :P

I just wish they had a purplish branded color instead of green.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant