Rage Quit Fun

Rage Quit Fun

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve seen people express that they love grieving players until they rage quit. Often enough that it’s becoming quite a disturbing trend. Is this the type of people that play MMO’s? Being my first one, I’m really wondering if MMO’s are filled with kittenbags or not?

Especially, as an American, helping others should come as second nature. It’s how we’re raised in my part of the states.

So the question is, is causing misery part of the MMO motif?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I do not think its just an mmorpg its an internet thing there a pic showing what happens to ppl when they are comply hidden there id hehe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

There are good and bad in EVERY genre of multi-player game on the interwebz. Heck, I even had acquaintances that liked to grief on table top games. ;-)

However, I have noticed that you will find them in just about every online community in one form or another (RPG, MMO, RTS, FPS).

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

I’ve seen people express that they love grieving players until they rage quit. Often enough that it’s becoming quite a disturbing trend. Is this the type of people that play MMO’s? Being my first one, I’m really wondering if MMO’s are filled with kittenbags or not?

Especially, as an American, helping others should come as second nature. It’s how we’re raised in my part of the states.

Sorry to say you will find a kittenbag in every mmo or any other online game you play. Those types it is best that you just report them and block them and go on with your game and try not letting them ruin your fun.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Any game where the combat system is not decent (generally MMOs, they make it up with expansive PVE content) will have rage quitters because the only investment for those players are the rewards for completing the content (if the group isn’t decent, they’ll look for another), not the content in itself because they don’t find it fun. Yes… my theory explains why people skip in dungeons (thinking of AC here…). Doing the content isn’t fun (esp. when they drop junk). It’s just better to skip it for the rewards towards the end.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

It’s not just MMO’s… it’s the internet and online games in general. The anonymity of an online environment removes the consequences of being a jerk. My solution is whenever somebody is rude or acts like a kitten in general, I just imagine it’s this 50 year old creepy scumbag I work with, and I’m no longer annoyed and really just feel sorry for them. There’s gotta be a whole lot of unhappiness going on below the surface of somebody when they take such pleasure in acting the troll. I’ve done it a couple of times, and it’s always when I had a bad day of work or my wife was acting like a queen B… so you just gotta laugh it off.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Coconut.7120

Coconut.7120

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

Grief really should be a non issue, especially in a game like this. If someone is being obnoxious, just block them.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Honestly players can only grief you if you let them, its not hard to avoid scum.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Block and report, or report and block, whichever order works best. Either way, do your part in keeping the game grief free and it’ll keep the community fun.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Yes.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Internet greifing / trolling has been going on since Usenet launched in the early 80’s and probably earlier. It is part of the misconception that it is acceptable to act however you want on the Internet due to a feeling of anonymity.

Unfortunately feeling anonymus leads to many expressing themselves in ways they would not in public. Some people do it out of bordom, some do it out of frustration, some do it because they think it makes them look bad kitten, many do it out of jealousy.

This has spilled out into online gaming the second interactive online gaming launched. However this type of behavior isn’t new to society as a whole. Think prank phone calls (yes caller I.D. didn’t always exist ), cave man creates first fire and his buddy pours water on it, the list is endless.

On final note I bet all of use have done at least a minor form of ‘greifing’ in online games at one point or another.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

don’t know how NA server are doing, but in EU last days is lagging as hell and for some ppl it is too much tu take (i can understand them)

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Especially, as a European, the soundtrack of Team America started playing in my head when I read that. (I’m sorry, couldn’t help it)

On topic, this will always be a problem and it’s not likely to end anytime soon.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: alfista.6094

alfista.6094

If someone can force you to rage quit a video game, then you have some issues you need to solve ( Not directed to OP, but in general ). Especially in a game like GW2 where no one can steal your xp/nodes/kills/loot or w/e.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Grief really should be a non issue, especially in a game like this. If someone is being obnoxious, just block them.

I had seen a level 80 follow my bf in a low level zone and try to kill everything before my bf could reach it, so he couldn’t complete hearts. Problem is that person was not doing enough damage, so he would only manage it 30% of the time. I find people like that just pathetic.

Rage Quit Fun

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Anonymity + audience = kitten kittens.

Internet provides both.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto