Raid Ascended Weapons

Raid Ascended Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Hi! I have a suggestion for the ascended weapons in the raids. Let us exchange a weapon for magnetite shard so we can chose which one we want. Right now I got a chest and a two-handed sword that I don’t really need. Would like to be able to exchange it for another weapon or ascended armor.

Raid Ascended Weapons

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

you can salvage them to almost the same result (in case you didn’t know); any salvaged raid ascended item will give you back 60 shards

Raid Ascended Weapons

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

you can salvage them to almost the same result (in case you didn’t know); any salvaged raid ascended item will give you back 60 shards

A two-handed is worth 600 and not 60. If I only get 60 back it’s not worth it. I’ll use it to gear up an alt I don’t really care about.

Raid Ascended Weapons

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

well, what I meant was that your suggestion is already in place; If they wanted to refund the full shard price of the salvaged item they’d have done so already and they intentionally made it so you get back only a fragment of the cost

Raid Ascended Weapons

Posted by: Deadlypixel.8734

Deadlypixel.8734

Nordom is correct. The smaller portion you receive for salvaging is intentional. Just like when you return a miniature to Glenna….you only get 40 Shards, however buying one is somewhere like 250-300 I believe? You aren’t meant to receive an insane amount of shards from returning/salvaging rewards. Otherwise You’d just get too many way too quickly. One full 9-boss clear I did I received 4 ascended “items”….If I received full cost from those I’d have so many shards. If I didn’t want ascended items then boom, thats at least 1-2 ghostly infusions….which would then break the economy on those because so many players would be buying those to sell for gold. There are reasons its limited.

Just a friendly community commander.
Shatterer CC Lead, Mesmer ports, Raid trainings. I’m here for you all!