Raids: The to do list

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

It seems Anet finally will introduce the raids, i’d like to make this topic ONLY for ppl with ideas, if you dont wanna raid, pls just write it in the other topic, i’d like to have this one clean thank you

So i suggest to ppl are interested on raid to do their list with suggestions, i’ll start!!

Weekly
i think raids should be weekly, it will feel raids more special and not just another “ daily dungeon”

Party Friendly
usually best things is play with guildies/friends, but is important give a chance to anyone to play it, so the LFG tool should help ppl to found other players

Reward
ofc, you need something u can acquire only with this mode, i suggesto to dont use mainly RNG but tokens, with raids you should be able to gain armors and weapons skins, good loot and gold (not like fotm :p ) those skins should be something looking like legendary skins, should be also nice gain some gems

raidS
1) i’d like to have 2 party size raids, one with 8 ppl and one with more (or other size)

2)i’d like to see some kind of progression, imho should be some kind of end game content

for example every time u finish a raid you will gain a special presence token and after X token you will able to unlock next “tier”
next tier will gave a bit of more gold and gems, but same token of older and if u complete it, u cannot gain token from previus tier, so will be not grind, you will be able to play what u like unlocking tiers w/o making a grinding system, if u chose an higher tier you will just gain some more gold and gems, but u will play an harder content
so you will make happy player dont wanna hard content but also player wanna big challenge, everyone can play as they want taking same ammount of tokens

Scenarios
i think scenarios should be different from the rest of the game, should be something special,
a gash through the universe will bring ppl in some fantastic universe

Roles
i’d like to use other than berserker gear, i really dont want another “corner” or “max dps” content
have a different roles will help players to feel it different from the rest of the game, will allow players to enjoy this new content and allow devs to write different contents mechanics
i dont think will be a problem because the majority of players have alot of characters, and dungeon tokens unspent, so will be really easy buy other stats gear and play

sorry for my english but is not my language

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

Isn’t this unnecessary? There will be a CDI after the guild hall one has ended. That would be a better place to put it so there aren’t hundreds of threads about the same thing.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

(edited by Brave Mallyki.1563)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

As weird as it may sound, I do miss weekly or short time-gated activities, at least in previous MMOs I’ve played that short gating hypes up, specially as it’s very difficult and missing that attempt may be critical. It also gives that unique feeling only old-school MMOs have: I’ve beat the content! And phew! It was hard…

WS was said to bring random elements to their “paths” content that would spice up things a little, pulling that idea into raids could give a fresh experience. Yeah, there would be a limited number of random stuff to occur, but at least there would be randomness in what players would face.

Three things must die when raids are introduced: stacking meta, zerker meta, and skipping meta. Skipping should be allowed to a degree as it gives the feeling of choice, but not like all GW2 dungeons which are completely skippable. As for the other two: burn in hell, and never come back.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

At this point I would welcome ANY new content…I mean ANY!!!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

At this point I would welcome ANY new content…I mean ANY!!!

Don’t be like that. Brainstorming is important to come up with a good design for this much wanted feature. Can’t wait for what’s coming in raids CDI.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Altair.6109

Altair.6109

Weekly
hmm, don’t like the idea of time gate restriction.

Party Friendly
definitely, they should make it more party orientated instead of zerker orientated.
but the raid should also be doable with zerker build though.

Reward
armor skins or weapon skins are fine, but I think this game lacks item varieties. They should have items that have special effects(armor that grants you aegis every 10 seconds or shoes that give you speed buff every 10 seconds etc..), and yes NO MORE RNG.

raids
As long as we have new stuff , I don’t really care.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Weekly
hmm, don’t like the idea of time gate restriction.

Party Friendly
definitely, they should make it more party orientated instead of zerker orientated.
but the raid should also be doable with zerker build though.

Reward
armor skins or weapon skins are fine, but I think this game lacks item varieties. They should have items that have special effects(armor that grants you aegis every 10 seconds or shoes that give you speed buff every 10 seconds etc..), and yes NO MORE RNG.

raids
As long as we have new stuff , I don’t really care.

As long as you can do it with a full zerker build, people will try to do it with a full zerker build, and over time, full zerker will be the standard as people learn the raid. Just look at Aetherpath, that’s exactly what happened.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

There should be only 1 raid size (at least 20), and only 1 raid difficulty (freaking hard). It should required a practiced team of static team members to complete (no queueing). Find a way to make roles moire meaningful so that a healer can be a healer.

Make the environments and story spectacular.

Simple as that.

Posted by: Ryuu.5608

Ryuu.5608

I’d love the idea of having a true 12-20man raid, but before things blow out of proportion, they (the devs) should really (i mean REALLY) consider to test it in a PTR, (at least the mechanics and part of the core gameplay in it without spoiling too much of the raid itself) even if the PTR is very very small and can afford a bunch of guys, and wait for player feedback and even after that, keep fixing and polishing said raid until most of the bugs/mechanics work as intended and can live up to most of the expectations (can’t please everybody tho).

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m not a raiding type and I’d probably not bother with raids if they were added, but I can think of a few points that they’d want to consider…

• UI Overhaul: The User Interface of the game will need some changes made to it to support raids. They can jump into this themselves, or they can ask the players what they want to see changed for this. Whatever they come up with, it needs to be clean, compact, and useful.
  • Weekly Rewards: The raid should be doable at any time, day or night. The big rewards, however, should be limited to once a week. Small rewards? Anytime you do it. But the big stuff that draws people in? Once a week. Otherwise, you have to cut back on how often people can attempt it, or cut back on the rewards enough that most people won’t want to bother.
  • It Must Be HARD: This will be the epic fight(s) of the game, so epic it must be. Enemies can not be overly predictable, and they need to be dangerous enough that there are times when part of the raid simply has to run for cover. There has to be things that can’t be dealt with by direct damage, so others are needed to step up and take center stage at some point. There should be some randomness as well, so that the fight never becomes too predictable.
  • But Not Just Long: A big bag of HP is not epic. Yes, a raid target needs a lot of HP, but that’s just to make sure the fight’s long enough to be interesting, NOT to be the challenge in and of itself.
  • It needs a lead-in: Imagine a series of islands, five of them having one path dungeons on them. Anyone can do these dungeons, just like any other dungeons, any time they want for the normal rewards. But at the end of each dungeon is a portal that takes you to one of five starting locations for the raid. You need people at all five locations to trigger the actual raid. For added fun, give the final boss an overwhelming Agony-like attack that will wipe the field in one shot, but a special consumable that can be found in the dungeons gives a resistance to it. Now you even have a timer, can you beat it before your resistance buff runs out? And you get not only your raid, but 5 dungeon paths that non-raiders can still enjoy.
  • The Visual FX Need Fixed: A “typical” raid is a large number of people in a fairly small area, all trying to see what’s happening around them so that they can respond quickly to changes. As the game is now, any truly HARD raid will wipe out everyone because they can’t see kitty-poo. Like the UI changes, this is a must before any typical raid content can be added and be worth the effort (for devs and players).
Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

The UI and visuals in GW2 are fine. If too many people are in one area simply limit the number of avatars rendered nearby.

Too many releases have come out that were not up to par. That’s what you get for outsourcing your QA. For raiding to be successful the first time Anet must implement a test server. A limited number of players must be given access to this test server. Anet has full control of what the environment is, make this happen.

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Just a word of warning before you get yourselves to hyped up:

This is Arenanet/Guild Wars 2. Your expectations of what a raid are and what will be provided, I doubt will be the same thing. A raid in GW2 will probably NOT be a 10-20+ group instance of total wipery.

What I would expect is open world content similar to scale of Jungle Worm or Tequatl, with varying mechanics…the mechanics is what I believe they are bringing in a Developer for. Tied to the ongoing work on the AI (contractor has been on the case since April this year), these improvements to large scale Open World content will be what I expect from ‘raid’ content. It could also be slightly larger dungeons, again focusing on AI and mechanics. Not really what I would consider ‘raid content’.

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

The amount of particle we get sometimes, even with only 5 people, is a total mess. Ex: when a guardian activates his virtue of justice, THE WHOLE ENEMY (even lupi) is all covered in blueish flames and you can’t see ANYTHING for at least 1 seconds, so imagine with 15-20 person raids. Anet really need to introduce a particle slider before thinking about raids