Raids are coming to GW2!

Raids are coming to GW2!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And if it’s the whole “I don’t want to have to use a third party voice program”, is it really killing people to download like some 2mb file, go in to a TS and literally just sit silently while listening to commanders giving instructions?

I don’t disagree with anything you wrote . . . except this.

Because, until I upgraded off my toaster playing GW2, to a more opulent toaster . . . I could not run Teamspeak and Guild Wars 2 at the same time. No, it wasn’t happening. If it was, it was on a fresh reboot and didn’t last for long before things got . . . weird.

Nowadays I turn it on for WvW or guild events only. Tequatl doesn’t need it and I don’t go near Triple Trouble.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Just as a reminder to everyone. When ANet added the mechanic to the champion wraith in the grenth temple which drained everything in an AOE and it had to be CC’d to stop it, literally every time without fail for weeks on end nobody would CC and there would be a massive wipe.

Well, besides the normal quality of average players, Anet did forget here that Defiant in bigger player groups makes interrupting on demand practically impossible.

It had the base defiant that bosses in dungeons have. I’m pretty sure 10% of a 60-man zerg can CC a boss with defiant on.

Defiance scales by how many players are around it, iirc. In 80+ zergs, it will likely stack to 77. So you require at least 78 hard CCs to consistently remove stacks of defiance and interrupt again.

I saw the wraith being interrupted more than once, often without anyone even realizing that they should spam cc skills. They acted the way they are used to without trying to understand. You know what ? It worked.

It appears that in a giant zerg people don’t just spam 1: they button smash everything, resulting in much more cc being used that you can imagine.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Please stay true to the GW2 manifesto.

Attachments:

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Also remember at launch when everyone complained that dungeons were too hard and Anet needed to nerf them now (It was funny I heard this scenario repeated itself in the china release)? O how times have changed.

You mean that everything is so easy now that 5 guys in full dps build can just stack on a boss and kill him only using from 1 to 0 and dodge? get out of here…

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I understand there is a portion of players interested in raiding, but if both other MMO’s and GW2’s living story nonsense is anything to go by, then please reconsider this, because this game cannot survive on only raid content being added.

Adding raid content takes even more resources than the current living story, and having it means we’re even less likely to see more content added to this game that appeals to its broader audience and not just one niche.

Currently the game isn’t doing too well in the PvP department, which could probably use your attention more so than opening up an entirely new category within the game such as raiding. Look at what your PvE players are doing - They aren’t repeating the living story content, they are repeating the open world and open world boss content to no end. That is where you should focus on expanding the PvE experience, rather than opening up another pit for development resources to fall into.

So much for being an innovative company...

*shrug*

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

It appears that in a giant zerg people don’t just spam 1: they button smash everything, resulting in much more cc being used that you can imagine.

I still believe the people that always try to insult other with the #1 spam insult
are in reality the only ones that really do that. And then they die all time at Jormag
because they don’t find the corners to stack in.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I still believe the people that always try to insult other with the #1 spam insult
are in reality the only ones that really do that. And then they die all time at Jormag

If you can’t survive at Jimmy without stacking, then maybe you shouldn’t comment upon other people’s skills. Just saying.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Also remember at launch when everyone complained that dungeons were too hard and Anet needed to nerf them now (It was funny I heard this scenario repeated itself in the china release)? O how times have changed.

You mean that everything is so easy now that 5 guys in full dps build can just stack on a boss and kill him only using from 1 to 0 and dodge? get out of here…

And people uised to complain that, that same boss was way too hard. Not even joking. Zerker meta wasn’t discovered though.

EDIT you know what:
blows dust off old threads/articles
See for yourself:
http://www.mmomeltingpot.com/2012/11/guild-wars-2-difficulty-challenging-or-frustrating/
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-no-nerf-for-you/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Ascalonian-Catacombs-is-too-hard-now-I-think

Retired Leader of TTS

(edited by guardian.6489)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

And people uised to complain that, that same boss was way too hard. Not even joking. Zerker meta wasn’t discovered though.

EDIT you know what:
See for yourself:
http://www.mmomeltingpot.com/2012/11/guild-wars-2-difficulty-challenging-or-frustrating/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Ascalonian-Catacombs-is-too-hard-now-I-think

In all fairness guilds like DnT were using Zerk meta even back in November 2012, the pug community were still PVT zombies at that time.

But I agree with your point, and I’ve said all along that the dungeons in this game are actually pretty hard objectively speaking. Drop 5 guys who installed the game and hit 80 after two weeks of play into Arah and you will find they have 0% chance of finishing any of the four paths. Heck, drop those same guys into AC at level 35 with green gear and you’re talking taking the better part of an afternoon to finish a path or two. The problem with the dungeons is that they are ancient (by video game standards) and the tactics, builds and strategies developed by dedicated dungeon guilds have trickled down to the point where even bad pugs can do them relatively efficiently. After two years of practice I should hope that even below average players can manage to complete even a hard dungeon.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

EDIT you know what:
See for yourself:

In all fairness guilds like DnT were using Zerk meta even back in November 2012, the pug community were still PVT zombies at that time.

But I agree with your point, and I’ve said all along that the dungeons in this game are actually pretty hard objectively speaking. Drop 5 guys who installed the game and hit 80 after two weeks of play into Arah and you will find they have 0% chance of finishing any of the four paths. Heck, drop those same guys into AC at level 35 with green gear and you’re talking taking the better part of an afternoon to finish a path or two. The problem with the dungeons is that they are ancient (by video game standards) and the tactics, builds and strategies developed by dedicated dungeon guilds have trickled down to the point where even bad pugs can do them relatively efficiently. After two years of practice I should hope that even below average players can manage to complete even a hard dungeon.

Given that every time I force myself to do events such as the Champ Risen Abom, I see players downed by every swing — yes, very much agree that the GW2 dungeons are experienced as easy because of walk-throughs and practice.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Given that every time I force myself to do events such as the Champ Risen Abom, I see players downed by every swing — yes, very much agree that the GW2 dungeons are experienced as easy because of walk-throughs and practice.

That’s going to be the major thing as the devs start to consider how to keep raid content interesting. Honestly, is it ever? No matter how they handle it, the biggest proponents will devour it within a month and kew for more, because they’ll practice ad nauseum.

Doing a raid like an old-school MMO isn’t going to cut it for longevity. It needs a sufficiently random element to extend play time and keep players from developing rotes like stack & smack.

Then again, “better boss design” has been discussed at great length elsewhere on the boards, so hopefully the devs can focus on dynamic fights that, while one can practice, remain a matter of execution instead of build prep.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Defiance scales by how many players are around it, iirc. In 80+ zergs, it will likely stack to 77. So you require at least 78 hard CCs to consistently remove stacks of defiance and interrupt again.

They removed the scaling on the wraith. Interrupting it was the whole mechanic to save Jonez and people couldn’t be bothered to do it.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Raids are coming to GW2!

Beldin.5498

If you can’t survive at Jimmy without stacking, then maybe you shouldn’t comment upon other people’s skills. Just saying.

I neither know how Jimmy is nor how what you said is in any form relevant about what i said.
But maybe its just that english is not my native language and you just wanted to be to smart for me.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Asmodeus.5782

I’m just saying that stacking should not be advocated in any part of this game. It’s acceptable before WvW zerg clashes, to share boons and compress the crowd. In PvE, however, it turns combat into a button mashing fiesta combined with chaotic lightshow. Nobody is able to see anything and then they win, somehow. Wow. Such tactics. Stacking has nothing to do with skill, only with the general knowledge of the game’s shortcomings.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

in all honestly, an equivalent to TA:AE for every non-80 exp dungeon would be nice to see.
Just needs a little better reward. TA:AE should probably be giving 3g at the end, not 2.
Then again I’d like to see arah1/2/4/ta:ae give more like 5g (not purely in cash would be better, for an economy in a state of flux). +the rng chance of a super rare (tradeable) skin. Even if it is just a much fancier version of the dungeon skin.

They are less forgiving of the inexperienced, and as such require time investment, as well as gear investment to be doable. Which is pretty much what people seem to want.

Then add in a few more level 80 only dungeons as we unlock new zones, and in theory new enemies. Mord or Kralk themed dungeon? Glints revenge – this could be fun.

Crucial is the ability to repeat paths – at least on alts. If people start farming a single dungeon insanely (which is why we need material rewards, not gold) then the rewards of the more technically challenging (for the player) dungeons need to be re-evaluated ( in terms of rewards). Of course with item value in flux, farming a single dungeon wouldn’t pay off anyway.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Raids are coming to GW2!

hybrid.5027

I’m just saying that stacking should not be advocated in any part of this game. It’s acceptable before WvW zerg clashes, to share boons and compress the crowd. In PvE, however, it turns combat into a button mashing fiesta combined with chaotic lightshow. Nobody is able to see anything and then they win, somehow. Wow. Such tactics. Stacking has nothing to do with skill, only with the general knowledge of the game’s shortcomings.

The only short coming of knowledge is your own in reference to what is actually happening in dungeon speed runs. If the Guardian doesn’t grant stability at the right time, the group wipes. If the ele doesn’t Ice Bow 5 at the right time the group wipes. If the team doesn’t dodge the 1hk mechanic the group wipes. If the thief doesn’t black powder the trash mobs the group wipes. If your view of what’s actually happening is “lolz every1 stackz press 1 and win” then you should be embarrassed to have revealed how little you understand the game and how much everyone else in your group is carrying you.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Beldin.5498

If the Guardian doesn’t grant stability at the right time, the group wipes. If the ele doesn’t Ice Bow 5 at the right time the group wipes. If the team doesn’t dodge the 1hk mechanic the group wipes. If the thief doesn’t black powder the trash mobs the group wipes.

I wonder how people managed in the past to do speedruns with something like 4 warriors and 1 mesmer .. when they thought that was the best setup.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Doing a raid like an old-school MMO isn’t going to cut it for longevity. It needs a sufficiently random element to extend play time and keep players from developing rotes like stack & smack.

It sounds a lot like fractals. I think honestly most of the concerns can be mitigated if they add and continue to add fractals; anet has already said that they are easier to do than dungeons. The fractals could also be of varying difficulties with making the harder ones available later (might not be a very good idea though unless they are prohibitively difficult and can’t be made easier for lower levels). With a dedicated time table (maybe 4-5 a year) for fractal releases it can develop to be a very good system (refining rewards would also be nice, fractals should be at least as rewarding as dungeons).
For the large scale hard content crowd I think boss battles are better than something like dungeon paths to do especially in the open world (Something like Balthazar but in Maguuma perhaps or making shatterer stronger).

(edited by KngGilgamesh.3481)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Asmodeus.5782

Actually, the only way I enter dungeons is by making my own ‘no stacking’ lfgs. But from the few experiences I’ve had with stacking teams, it all boiled down to burning all available skills in the shortest time available… And always worked. Truth to be told, at those times I did use the necessary skills you mentioned, but still the fights were bazillion times easier than fought properly. Embarrasingly quick, easy, chaotic and pointless.

William S. Burroughs

Raids are coming to GW2!

Artemis Thuras.8795

If the Guardian doesn’t grant stability at the right time, the group wipes. If the ele doesn’t Ice Bow 5 at the right time the group wipes. If the team doesn’t dodge the 1hk mechanic the group wipes. If the thief doesn’t black powder the trash mobs the group wipes.

I wonder how people managed in the past to do speedruns with something like 4 warriors and 1 mesmer .. when they thought that was the best setup.

that was a typical set up for cof p1. Famously easy dungeon.
Try that setup in arah, or even coe (without knowing when to dodge) and you’re gonna have a rough time.

It is also pug friendly because warrior is quite forgiving to kitten ups because of the high health pool.

Also, as stated above, if anyone thinks the meta is “stack, press 1 and win” you are being carried to the extent, the other 4 would be better off without you.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Artemis Thuras.8795

Actually, the only way I enter dungeons is by making my own ‘no stacking’ lfgs. But from the few experiences I’ve had with stacking teams, it all boiled down to burning all available skills in the shortest time available… And always worked. Truth to be told, at those times I did use the necessary skills you mentioned, but still the fights were bazillion times easier than fought properly. Embarrasingly quick, easy, chaotic and pointless.

Facerolling – which is what you are describing is the fastest way for a pure zerker team to get their kitten handed to them on a silver plate.

It may look like faceroll, but it actually requires very fast reflexes, and perfectly timed ( sometimes within 1/4s) skill usage.

Allow me to fix your post:

Actually, the only way I enter dungeons is by making my own ‘no stacking’ lfgs. But from the few experiences I’ve had with stacking teams, it all boiled down to selecting and timing skills perfectly to counter opponents… And always worked. Truth to be told, at those times I did use the necessary skills you mentioned, and found I was more successful. however found it hard to keep up with the very fast paced combat of gw2.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Asmodeus.5782

There is quite a difference between being unable to keep up and considering something to be a boring, borderline-exploit farming technique.

William S. Burroughs

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

They removed the scaling on the wraith. Interrupting it was the whole mechanic to save Jonez and people couldn’t be bothered to do it.

didn´t understand to do it more likely. I am pretty sure more than half of GW2´s playerbase does not even know what defiance is. Or looks at boss status bars anyway for that matter.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Surmaturma.4823

Surmaturma.4823

Excellent to hear! I have been side-stepping to WoW just because I miss raiding in PvE – possibility. Also fact that Arenanet hasn’t come up with so traditional options makes me rather excited on anticipation to see what this could turn up to.

I have been rather long time missing guild activities on PVE side – I mean sure, you have guild missions but they are rather short and small part of it. Dungeons are not enough, activities cannot be joined as groups or held as guild own private events and world bosses really don’t feel like guild’s achievement since they so easily either turn or require mass-festival – so there is a dire need for guild-involving PVE content. On PvP side private arena’s are ok but they are kinda expensive to maintain so really looking forward to see this type of content to roll out.

Anyways, glad to hear and cheers

“To Rasa Sum – and back again!”

Raids are coming to GW2!

Asmodeus.5782

You think fast paced combat is boring?

Try “speeding up the pace to the point the game mechanics can’t keep up and mobs don’t even fire their skills before they die”.

William S. Burroughs

Raids are coming to GW2!

maha.7902

There is quite a difference between being unable to keep up and considering something to be a boring, borderline-exploit farming technique.

I’m not really sure how stacking is a borderline exploit.

If a mob dumps an aoe on you, you’ll die whether you’re grouped up in a corner or grouped up in the open if you don’t bother to mitigate it in any way, the simple act of grouping up together doesn’t actually do anything.

But now it just seems like we’re moving in to the territory of people defining things they dislike as exploits so I’m not sure if it’s worth arguing this.

Try “speeding up the pace to the point the game mechanics can’t keep up and mobs don’t even fire their skills before they die”.

There are very few examples post-FGS that I can actually think this applies. Bosses, especially so in your average group are always allowed to cast skills quite frequently.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I understand there is a portion of players interested in raiding, but if both other MMO’s and GW2’s living story nonsense is anything to go by, then please reconsider this, because this game cannot survive on only raid content being added.

Adding raid content takes even more resources than the current living story, and having it means we’re even less likely to see more content added to this game that appeals to its broader audience and not just one niche.

I wonder… how… almost every other MMO company is able to create new raids, dungeons, zones, campaigns, races, mini games, classes, professions AND adding story content every now and then. Wow, this must be tremendous!!!

People now really should not get used to the lack of content here. It’s not normal: if they complain that adding new dungeons is ‘too much work, too complicated and hard’ that’s just kittening ridiculous.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Tells you a lot about the state of the game when your best hopes for new content come from an advertisement to hire someone for Raids and a speculation thread on Guild Halls, both topics which have been avoided like the plague by the devs since the beginning.

What’s next? Lets talk about GvG and give you hope for something else that won’t ever come?

I hope I’m wrong and that they have Halls, GvG and Raids all in beta ready to be announced soon.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Artemis Thuras.8795

I’m not really sure how stacking is a borderline exploit.

If a mob dumps an aoe on you, you’ll die whether you’re grouped up in a corner or grouped up in the open if you don’t bother to mitigate it in any way, the simple act of grouping up together doesn’t actually do anything.

But now it just seems like we’re moving in to the territory of people defining things they dislike as exploits so I’m not sure if it’s worth arguing this.

There are very few examples post-FGS that I can actually think this applies. Bosses, especially so in your average group are always allowed to cast skills quite frequently.

Sounds to me like there was a frost bow #5 fired tbh. Or any other kind of hard CC. but apparently CC is an exploit, because you can kill the boss before it can hit you ;-)

Shrug. baddies will be bad.
As for raids. I just hope anet has learned that 150 people does not make for fun coordinated events. 10-25 would be a realistic size for most guilds (who want something more than 5 man dungeons). Id still be happy with a few more along the lines of TA:AE but with rewards that justify to time/effort to learn and then complete it repeatedly.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Mizenhauer.6713

Mizenhauer.6713

10+ raid size sounds good to me. I do think it should scale, even if scaling is terrible. I would just base it around 10 people. If it gets insanely difficult as you add more people (for various reasons,) so it goes. And aetherpath should definitely give 3g.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Road.1473

Road.1473

If Anet adds anything called a “Raid” I will quit.

Simple as that.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Simple as that.

Bye-bye!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Surmaturma.4823

Surmaturma.4823

Well I would like it to have modes like normal – hc – flexible. Normal being fixed amount, hc well much harder, extra abilities and fixed number and flexible where you could bring extra people with slightly adjusting content.

It would serve several types of guilds and both small and large alike.

“To Rasa Sum – and back again!”

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

I would much prefer if ANet worked to fix systems that have been broken since launch (conditions and abysmal rewards are 2 that come to mind) before caving to the WoW children.

This is just one more thing that intentionally kittens over people who prefer to be in a smaller guild. Guild missions are already impossible with a guild smaller thakittenllion, so let’s make raids so those people are even more screwed. I’m really beginning to think that Anet doesn’t want anyone to play this game.

Raids are coming to GW2!

hybrid.5027

Simple as that.

Are you playing the game today and enjoying it? Yes. There are currently no raids in the game.

If they added raids could you continue to do everything you currently do and are enjoying? Yes.

So that raises the question, what is wrong with you?

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Simple as that.

Great!You won’t be missed!

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Look at (part of) this community.
They hear the word raid and they freak out, crying bitter tears and screaming “I DON’T WANT RAIDS THIS IS NOT WOW THIS IS A GAME FOR CASUALS I DON’T WANNA I DON’T WANNA”.
Isn’t it pathetic?
/sigh
You don’t even take the predecessor into account. The 12-man élite zones, you remember?
Yeah. Yeah, that’s right. It’s not only wow.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

They hear the word raid and they freak out, crying bitter tears and screaming “I DON’T WANT RAIDS THIS IS NOT WOW THIS IS A GAME FOR CASUALS I DON’T WANNA I DON’T WANNA”.
Isn’t it pathetic?
/sigh
You don’t even take the predecessor into account. The 12-man élite zones, you remember?

You mean the two that existed, right? Where the rewards were, mostly, not really worth the price of admission and the time sunk into them?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

If done right, this may bring me and my guild back to the game.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Kamikae.9536

Kamikae.9536

I don’t want traditional MMO raids.
I want GW1 elite instances.
But of course knowing Arena Net, and how they’re abandoning * almost everything* that made GW1 great, I doubt we’ll see it happening.
These raids will most likely be another Wurm/Tquatl no one does due to lag, randoms, bugs and overflows.

I totally agree with the statement there about GW1, I actually enjoyed exploring there, the instances were challenging but doable solo (with heroes) and the endgame content was received from beating stuff not grinding gold of TP Wars or the gem store.
Raids could be really fun, what would be cool is a system where you “register” for a public raid and at the time they start you teleport to the lobby (similar to wow queue) and and are auto-partied for the raid. Dungeons like the Deep or Urgoz Warren would be super fun. The way around the trinity is adding puzzles or events that only certain classes can do allowing them to shine (let mesmers port the party across a broken bridge or let eles burn overgrown weeds away). Raid’s would be a great place to gate away a chest that drops specific precursors. IE Raid to Domain of Anguish dropping Dusk or UW raid that drops the Legend (can you tell I want to see elite GW1 areas redone?) Introduce an armor set that requires special components unique to each raid. There are so many ways to make it better than just an instanced Teq run

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Isn’t it pathetic?
/sigh

Yea they make it look like GW1 never existed.That game had great hard core content.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

GW1 dungeons like DoA, UW, FoW, and the EotN runs were what made me buy GW2 to begin with since those areas were fun.
Currently there is little to do for PVE’rs after 2 years. I login for Teq KQ and then pretty much logout.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

new 6man dunqeon would be ok: you have 3 portals, and each portal can cross only 2 members. Split team into duo groups, that need vs against sth predicted for 5man, would be ok. It was great idea from the deep from gw1 (12/4teams/3ppl). Second thing: spliting world bosses’ zergs into many teams (we have nice try of that against teq, tt). I don’t like idea of “raid” it scary me and idk why. Better polish / improve things that we already have.
Very importart thing" don’t allow people to stay in world boss spawn (if that is possible) and wait until errandy boys complete pre, those people get bored, cuz they wait & dps.
I think the fastest way to check thing with split team would be add new fractal that we split into 2 and 3 ppl teams and don’t Reunion until final boss << people are smart, so make sure, they don’t meet each other too fast.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

You know we keep having arguments about what the max raid size should be however why don’t we have locked scaling (as opposed to open world dynamic scaling) and have the raid have 3 or more different sized locked raid sizes for the same instance with the same rewards like 15people -25people-75people with all of them being balanced to be the same difficulty. Nothing is more frustrating then having not enough people at raids or too many people at raid so why not use scaling to do away with that entirely.

Retired Leader of TTS

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

meh, not going to say anything that will stand in the way of New Content. As long as that content Stays, I personally didn’t like the whole Dry Top Experience, but its didn’t disappear after two weeks so I was happy.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

GW2 Raid:
stack zerker gear
zerg
spam dodge

Raids are coming to GW2!

maha.7902

GW2 Raid:
stack zerker gear
zerg
spam dodge

I’m pretty sure you stack PVT for Tequatl.

But sure, let’s bring out the “zerker” boogeyman because people love finding something to vent all of their frustrations at.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

I have zero confidence in ANET to create fun/interesting/challenging raid structure.

However:

If the raids are anything like WoW, count me out.

These raids should be small, mostly instanced team fights (open world doesn’t sound like a good idea). WE’RE SICK OF ZERGY 1 1 1 CONTENT!

There should be casual raids and elite raids to distinguish player skill. The elite raids should be CHALLENGING, even for veterans.

The rewards should be based on player skill. Don’t give stuff out for free. And don’t randomize drops. Allow players to collect tokens. However, there is nothing wrong with rare stuff dropping here and there, but don’t focus on randomness.

These raids should be somewhat PvP-focused (stacking won’t work).

Keep FOTM and agony resist out of it. Make it challenging from the get-go! I know you won’t heed my words, but it was worth a shot.

Built-in voice communication into GW2 is a must!

I would like to see the return of FoW and UW from GW1 (won’t happen though).

In the end, ANET will end up designing something completely different and grindy. These guys—It’s like talking to a brick.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Pray For Kosmos.5849)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

They actually can use infusions as some sort of gear progression too. And they can limit them to raid content only. It would be a way to being gear progression w/o harming the rest of the more casual playerbase safely tucked into their massive zergs farming cursed shores.

Additionally, they can adhere to their horizontal gear progression by introducing a set of armor/weapons and aesthetically upgrading them with more content you are able to clear. Similar to the fractal capacitor, but done right.
– You clear first tier bosses —> first armor/weapon upgrade
– You clear second tier bosses —> second, more fancy looking armor/weapon upgrade and so on.

There are literally a hundreed ways they can go at it but im afraid they are gonna pick the worst route and make a mess of this too.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

No. Please. No more infusions and gating content. Don’t give them any ideas. Agony resist is an example of horrible gating.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”