in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

It’s incredibly easy to get 55 AR.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yea they make it look like GW1 never existed.That game had great hard core content.

Yeah. “hardcore”. Fun thing, most of the people doing those end dungeons were not doing them for fun, nor for challenge – they were farming them ad nauseum, and only after strategies and builds were designed to reduce difficulty of that content to minimum.
Those were the GW1 equivalent of CoF p1 speedruns (well, they took a bit longer).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Devs get some ideas from bungie’s Destiny they have no Trinity and there raiding works very well.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’d love some incredibly difficult content made for 5-10 players. That’s my general idea of fun. On megaserver I’m regularly surrounded by zounds of players, anyway. And no, after 1,5 year of playing I’ve never participated in a guild mission. We tend to do all the available instances without stacking, skipping and any kind of exploits and have a decent amount of fun doing so.

Besides, if my small guild will be able to join some other, larger, in order to participate in this raid content, I’ll be glad. Otherwise, however, it’s just a waste of development resources as far as I am concerned.

Some of the guild missions are massively fun. Particularly puzzles and rushes. You should try some.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

Just as a reminder to everyone. When ANet added the mechanic to the champion wraith in the grenth temple which drained everything in an AOE and it had to be CC’d to stop it, literally every time without fail for weeks on end nobody would CC and there would be a massive wipe.

Well, besides the normal quality of average players, Anet did forget here that Defiant in bigger player groups makes interrupting on demand practically impossible.

It had the base defiant that bosses in dungeons have. I’m pretty sure 10% of a 60-man zerg can CC a boss with defiant on.

Defiance scales by how many players are around it, iirc. In 80+ zergs, it will likely stack to 77. So you require at least 78 hard CCs to consistently remove stacks of defiance and interrupt again.

I saw the wraith being interrupted more than once, often without anyone even realizing that they should spam cc skills. They acted the way they are used to without trying to understand. You know what ? It worked.

It appears that in a giant zerg people don’t just spam 1: they button smash everything, resulting in much more cc being used that you can imagine.

Yea, it probably worked. It’s actually a problem when Defiance has to actively be managed, like during Triple Trouble. I can not tell you how many times I’ve peeled off 2 stacks of defiance, about to peel the third when someone pulls it off so my peel ends up reapplying the entire stack of 3. Very frustrating.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I can see this is true, given the ability to merge +1 Agony Infusions now. But here’s two points about how “easy” it is:

- It will require at least six Ascended slots, presuming you stuff +10 Agony Infusions into your trinkets.

- The Infusions are going to be really . . . really time consuming to acquire and require a lot of Fractals.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Because the last game to focus on raids is doing great… oh wait!

Well at least the big guilds are going strong… oh wait!

OK, nvm.

Anyhow, if they introduce raids I will leave this game. I can’t event do teq or the wurm because people are beyond stupid so more “sorry, you can do this unless you find 100 players with an IQ above 0” is a total nope for me.

You don’t have to do the raid you know. I don’t like WvW much because it’s 90% running across a map and 5% fun, the last 5% being running across the map only to get ganked.

Should I go and threaten I will leave unless they remove WvW from the game?

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I know some people are very interested in raids.

But a lot of people aren’t.

My big concerns for raids are:

1) How many resources are they going to take away from other content? There are still significant areas of the game that need improvement (also, better process management and QA/bugfixing, which takes developer resources).

2) GW2 has a focus on easy content access – not requiring large guilds to play content, easy grouping, de-emphasizing the standard combat roles to favor flexible group formation, etc. This design was a big part of why I purchased GW2. I worry that raids would encourage tensions between focused players and more general players, which are already stressful, and gate off content behind large guilds.

3) How much will raids impact the ability to do existing dungeons? If all or most of the focused dungeon runners move on to new content, will that effectively make dungeon running much harder? Since dungeons are required for PvE goals like legendaries and some armor, I can see this being a major roadblock to people without large enough guilds.

It would be great for GW2 to have content for more player types. Some players aren’t satisfied with the current dungeon content – OK, that should be addressed. But I’m wary of content that could deepen the divide between some groups of players. There’s always going to be people who need more content or harder content or better farming areas, ad infinitum. I’d rather the game didn’t cater to any niche group. I think GW2 has a good balance going at the moment and don’t want to lose that to favor 1 playstyle over another.

Random closing thought – what if WvW could be improved for group combat or add raid-style content?

(edited by Gilosean.3805)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I know some people are very interested in raids.

But a lot of people aren’t.

My big concerns for raids are:

1) How many resources are they going to take away from other content? There are still significant areas of the game that need improvement (also, better process management and QA/bugfixing, which takes developer resources).

2) GW2 has a focus on easy content access – not requiring large guilds to play content, easy grouping, de-emphasizing the standard combat roles to favor flexible group formation, etc. This design was a big part of why I purchased GW2. I worry that raids would encourage tensions between focused players and more general players, which are already stressful, and gate off content behind large guilds.

3) How much will raids impact the ability to do existing dungeons? If all or most of the focused dungeon runners move on to new content, will that effectively make dungeon running much harder? Since dungeons are required for PvE goals like legendaries and some armor, I can see this being a major roadblock to people without large enough guilds.

It would be great for GW2 to have content for more player types. Some players aren’t satisfied with the current dungeon content – OK, that should be addressed. But I’m wary of content that could deepen the divide between some groups of players. There’s always going to be people who need more content or harder content or better farming areas, ad infinitum. I’d rather the game didn’t cater to any niche group. I think GW2 has a good balance going at the moment and don’t want to lose that to favor 1 playstyle over another.

Random closing thought – what if WvW could be improved for group combat or add raid-style content?

What other content?There hasn’t been any new dungeon over a year.WvW and PvP has been forgotten.Where is the ballance or new maps for those modes?If you ask me Anet are focusing their resources not the right way.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

Good thing I have Guild Wars 1 to hold me over until this happens!

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

you’ve missed the point.

gathering ar is boring. higher fotm isn’t really hard, its all about the resist.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

What other content?There hasn’t been any new dungeon over a year.WvW and PvP has been forgotten.Where is the ballance or new maps for those modes?If you ask me Anet are focusing their resources not the right way.

Possibly. All the more reason to not want it to get even worse. Which it would if some of the workpower were shifted to projects meant to benefit only a small minority of players.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

Sorry to say but most of the suggestions / opinions in what of the thread I’ve read are in my opinion rubbish. You gotta start from the basics. Being a fanboy which I am is one thing but fair’s fair, and you can’t have enjoyable new content (especially not raids) with utterly pathetic non-working mentally challenged laughably ineffective AI with apparent zero thought behind it.

No.

while not dead
/target closest player
if 1 not on cd cast 1 else
if 2 not on cd cast 2 else
if 3 not on cd cast 3 else
if 4 not on cd cast 4 else
if 5 not on cd cast 5 endif
return

is NOT AI. Fire the guy who wrote it and use my script it will be of the same efficiency. I require no credit. Use the money saved to hire REAL programmer.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

(edited by Charleston Chew.1209)

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Hope that GW2 devs are smart enough to not even consider it unless its scalable content from 1-x players (x=whatever)

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Instanced raids are ANOTHER kind of content, if you don’t like it simply don’t do it, nobody HAS to do one thing or another. I myself don’t like zerged content, so I avoid Tequatl and Wurms. If you don’t like these raids, skip them, I’m sure a lot of guilds will enjoy.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: phantomlord.3417

phantomlord.3417

Will there be any engine optimization if this is rolled out into the game?

Generalrob

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

I’m finding it nearly impossible to play this game for five minutes at a time without getting bored after hearing this rumor and knowing that it’s not true.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Can’t wait to see challenging group content in gw2.

You don’t have to! Go do Tequatl, Evolved Jungle Worm, Aetherblad path in Twilight Arbor dungeon! Enjoy!

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Sorry to say but most of the suggestions / opinions in what of the thread I’ve read are in my opinion rubbish. You gotta start from the basics. Being a fanboy which I am is one thing but fair’s fair, and you can’t have enjoyable new content (especially not raids) with utterly pathetic non-working mentally challenged laughably ineffective AI with apparent zero thought behind it.

No.

while not dead
/target closest player
if 1 not on cd cast 1 else
if 2 not on cd cast 2 else
if 3 not on cd cast 3 else
if 4 not on cd cast 4 else
if 5 not on cd cast 5 endif
return

is NOT AI. Fire the guy who wrote it and use my script it will be of the same efficiency. I require no credit. Use the money saved to hire REAL programmer.

http://intrinsicalgorithm.com/IANews/2014/04/now-consulting-at-arenanet-on-guild-wars-2/

Hope this makes a difference.

Raids are coming to GW2!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I’m finding it nearly impossible to play this game for five minutes at a time without getting bored after hearing this rumor and knowing that it’s not true.

To be fair they actually ARE looking for people for raid content. So unless they are working on a secret game that we don’t know about, it is very likely that it is for this game.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square