Raids?

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Times.4358

Times.4358

I wasn’t able to play GW1 as i was playing either EQ or WoW back then, but i was curious will raids be implemented in GW2?

For more of a “guild only” thing to do?

Just curious.

thanks

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

I hope they turn the open world group encounters into something like this. Like instead of working through an instanced raid dungeon, you’re actually working through a zone.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If the temple of Orr do not satisfy you, then raids won’t..

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

If the temple of Orr do not satisfy you, then raids won’t..

The temple encounters aren’t really that complex.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

GW2 can’t introduce raids. That would require us to actually get good loot on boss drops. It’s forbidden.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Raids?

in Suggestions

Times.4358

Temple Priests are around a bunch of open players. . . .
@ runeblade, yes guilds can kill them on their own, but something just specific to guilds. . . like a dungeon for guilds? Something with a higher goal just other than exp/karma/1silver. . . something to work for when you have a legendary i guess.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Since this has been asked and suggested atleast 42 time a day for the last 165 years and the answer is alwaysd no, you can assume the answer will be no.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Times.4358

Did a search and top ones were the same thing, nothing about guild raiding. .

sorry if i missed em. =/

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Thay should still add some sort of large guild content of some sort. Im thinking some kinda tower defens for guild PVE. Because this game dose tower defence/attack rally well.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

They’ve already added a new tier of gear post-launch despite the fact that it contradicts everything they said beforehand. What makes you think they won’t add raids?

Of course, they won’t be the kind of raids we’ve seen in other games. Just look at the GW2 dungeons and their complete lack of depth and engaging mechanics. Increase the size to 10 players, and there you go: GW2 raids.

I bet they already have something very close to this in the works.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

It’s time people understand that GW2 is not trying to copy classic MMOs. The game does not have raids, and should not have them.

It’s also rather funny to see people complaining about “OMG, there is too much RNG in this game!” and at the same time asking for content that is just a big RNG for a 0.001% chance to get a good drop from a boss.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

GW2 can’t introduce raids. That would require us to actually get good loot on boss drops. It’s forbidden.

Besides, you can barely see whats going on with 5 people spamming particle effects on the boss… 10 people? LOL

It’s time people understand that GW2 is not trying to copy classic MMOs. The game does not have raids, and should not have them.

It’s also rather funny to see people complaining about “OMG, there is too much RNG in this game!” and at the same time asking for content that is just a big RNG for a 0.001% chance to get a good drop from a boss.

Its even more funny to see people so stuck in one way of thinking they cant imagine other solutions. I mean… are you saying you cant have raids without random drops? Would the universe collapse on itself if bosses dropped tokens? What if you unlocked pieces of gear by collecting raid-specific achievements? Would that somehow break the fabric of space-time?

(edited by Lorath.2504)

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Its even more funny to see people so stuck in one way of thinking they cant imagine other solutions.

Indeed. It’s funny to see how people cannot accept world dynamic events and dungeons as replacement of “raids” just because they do not meet random criteria that, in the end, boil down to “let’s make a copy of classic MMO raids”.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Raids?

in Suggestions

Lorath.2504

Its even more funny to see people so stuck in one way of thinking they cant imagine other solutions.

Indeed. It’s funny to see how people cannot accept world dynamic events and dungeons as replacement of “raids” just because they do not meet random criteria that, in the end, boil down to “let’s make a copy of classic MMO raids”.

Nice troll… Try answering the content of someone’s post not one sentence ripped out of context. So… how about them tokens and achievements… do they seem like something that makes your whole previous point irrelevant? A little bit at least?

The 2 criteria raids meet for me are ‘involving a larger number of players’ and ‘being challenging’. I dont feel thats random at all. As a replacement Im offered content that either involves a larger number of players but is not challenging or content that isnt faceroll easy (well, some of it is..) but doesnt involve a larger number of players. Yet again… its completely random of me not to be satisfied with that.

(edited by Lorath.2504)

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: SharDarksoul.3024

SharDarksoul.3024

Nice troll… Try answering the content of someone’s post not one sentence ripped out of context. So… how about them tokens and achievements… do they seem like something that makes your whole point irrelevant? A little bit at least?

The 2 criteria raids meet for me are ‘involving a larger number of players’ and ‘being challenging’. I dont feel thats random at all. As a replacement Im offered content that either involves a larger number of players but is not challenging at all or content that isnt faceroll easy (well, some of it is..) but doesnt involve a larger number of players. Yet again… its completely random of me not to be satisfied with that.

People probably won’t raid if there isn’t some kind of reward.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Lorath.2504

People probably won’t raid if there isn’t some kind of reward.

There are rewards from dungeons… there should be rewards from raids. Would I raid for a bad*** dagger/backpiece skin that makes my character shrouded in dark smoke? Sure I would (not for a My Little Pony shortbow tho… who came up with that idea?! come on…) Having progressed further into the raid than other guilds is a reward too.

Anyway, this is purely academic. TBH I dont see AN implementing raids in the near future. Id like them to do so but Im not holding my breath.

(edited by Lorath.2504)

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Well, GW had 8 and 12 man content, so they might introduce something like that in the future.

Although I’d much prefer them to work on the open world event mechanics and AI, that make guilds an advantage.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I would rather they stick to 5 man content. Having to rely on 9 or 24 people and all their irl drama that could affect a run is something I never want to do again.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Kromica.2831

Thay should still add some sort of large guild content of some sort. Im thinking some kinda tower defens for guild PVE. Because this game dose tower defence/attack rally well.

So they should design content for large guilds? What about all the small ones?

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Raids? I just want an 8-person party.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordNat.4963

LordNat.4963

It’s easy to put a reward in Raids/Guild Content. Just have drops be things like crafting mats for Guild upgrades or things for Guild Halls once they are released.
Have the stuff based off the dungeons that already in the game and just add a “Raid Mode” to each one that is level 80 only and takes like 10 people. At the end you get tokens for buying themed upgrades.
It’d be a big step to making guilds more than a chat room with x% bonuses.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Kromica.2831

It’s easy to put a reward in Raids/Guild Content. Just have drops be things like crafting mats for Guild upgrades or things for Guild Halls once they are released.
Have the stuff based off the dungeons that already in the game and just add a “Raid Mode” to each one that is level 80 only and takes like 10 people. At the end you get tokens for buying themed upgrades.

And once again I ask what happens to the small guilds? They just get left behind.

Raids?

in Suggestions

LordNat.4963

And once again I ask what happens to the small guilds? They just get left behind.

If you have less than 10 people to run something than you are not much of a guild are you?

Raids?

in Suggestions

Kromica.2831

If you have less than 10 people to run something than you are not much of a guild are you?

Guilds don’t have to be a certain size and making content based on a certain size would be dumb. My group of 4 can do everything in the game except the more difficult temples and the dungeons that require 5. (we just bring a pug and give them the easy jobs)

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: exelion.2369

exelion.2369

They’ve already added a new tier of gear post-launch despite the fact that it contradicts everything they said beforehand. What makes you think they won’t add raids?

Of course, they won’t be the kind of raids we’ve seen in other games. Just look at the GW2 dungeons and their complete lack of depth and engaging mechanics. Increase the size to 10 players, and there you go: GW2 raids.

I bet they already have something very close to this in the works.

Dungeons are suppose to be the hard group content. DE are suppose to be the equivalent to the large group content. They also admitted that they wish they had released Ascended gear at launch and that they do not have any plans to add more.

Don’t mess with Ascalon!

Raids?

in Suggestions

LordNat.4963

Guilds don’t have to be a certain size and making content based on a certain size would be dumb. My group of 4 can do everything in the game except the more difficult temples and the dungeons that require 5. (we just bring a pug and give them the easy jobs)

I honestly don’t think they can really design guild content for guilds that small. That is like a solo player complaining that they can’t do 5 mans in their 1 person guild.

Anyway here is an idea to help with the small guild issue. At the end each player gets X number of guild upgrade tokens that are Guild Bound (to whatever guild they are in when they get them), Guild Bound tokens can be placed into the Guild Bank to be used by for the upgrades that go along with that kind of token. That way a 4 man guild can still do the content with pubs or allying with another guild for the run and still get the rewards, just slower than a all guild run.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Lorath.2504

Dungeons are suppose to be the hard group content. DE are suppose to be the equivalent to the large group content.

And what is supposed to be the equivalent of hard large group content?

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Fortunately, ANet has shown to be willing to experiment with group sizes in the past(Factions elite missions were 12 man raids), so chances are if people want it enough they will consider implementing it. However, adding raids to the game without a competent dungeon finder/auto grouping feature would generate a lot of frustration.

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cheechglg.8734

Cheechglg.8734

OHHH how i long for a raid, when i made a thread it got locked shortly after, good to see this post still open an people actually aloud to post.

i dont get why people are against raids, dont like them, dont have to do them. Alot of people enjoy raiding and its something GW is missing out on majorly.

So many possibilities, wheither its your normal raid dungeon, groups of trash mobs with boss’s here and there gradually getting harder the further you advance to Pve castle seiges takeing out sentry post’s, watch towers an makeing way to the end of map capping everything in sight.

Seen people saying “what about the small guilds” if you want to raid, either build the guild up or join a guild which is capable of raiding…. quite simple

Raiding gives a guild purpose, brings everyone together, a combined goal, an when reach that goal feels brilliant as you reached it an reached it with friends who you play day in day out with, these open world events llike Claw, the Shatterer are pritty kak events, no challenege unless its just the 10 of you there, the temple bosses, somewhat like a raid but with no organiseation, teamwork, just everyone run in an hope for the best

So Annet We want RAIDS!!!

Infraction points INC!
[FLEE] Gandara [PUK]

Raids?

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

World and dynamic events are not original.

Neither are raids, which have been around since Everquest. If you want to play the same boring grind over and over again, there’s plenty of other MMOs out there to do it in.

Raiding gives a guild purpose, brings everyone together, a combined goal, an when reach that goal feels brilliant as you reached it an reached it with friends who you play day in day out with, these open world events llike Claw, the Shatterer are pritty kak events, no challenege unless its just the 10 of you there, the temple bosses, somewhat like a raid but with no organiseation, teamwork, just everyone run in an hope for the best

So Annet We want RAIDS!!!

By “purpose”, you mean sitting around for three hours trying to pull a 12-man team together (when it’s virtually impossible already to find a 5-man team to run a dungeon), a further two hours of planning and discussing tactics and then another couple of hours of actual raiding peppered with shouts of “noob” and “stick to the plan!” followed by an underwhelming boss battle and poor loot drops. So that’s seven hours of “work” for what again? There’s no fun in this old, tired mechanic.

I don’t know who this “we” is that you speak of, but this player does not want raids.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.