Raiment of the Lich.. on Charr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

I can understand that horns wouldn’t fit into it but where did the tail go? Was it cut off? Is it a new cultural thing among the Charr to cut off their own tails?

I just can’t understand what is going on with this game. It’s the small things that often matter the most. We have this huge LS Project but everything else feels dumbed down piece by piece.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well…if you didnt notice so far.. we charr players got no right to have nice things such as…texture quality, fitting armors, tail holes, fitting helmets, no stretching, backpieces that actually connect (or atleast touch) the back…etc… Might aswell remove the tail too to make it complete. And always remember… as a charr player you pay as much for gem store items like anybody else…

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

I so much care about this game but this is simply going out of hand.

Posted by: FONGORE.7410

FONGORE.7410

I would but if it was not for the fact that its a outfit.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

To be fair, the outfit also gives everyone reverse jointed legs and hooves. Charrs missing their tails isn’t any worse than every other race taking Ogden’s hammer to their knees.

Posted by: Friggarn.9451

Friggarn.9451

I like no tail!

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

You can preview right?

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

We have this huge LS Project but everything else feels dumbed down piece by piece.

The Gemstore has a dedicated team for it, they have nothing to do with the LS Project iirc.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Hmm, what does or look like on a Asura. Just curious.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

Hmm, what does or look like on a Asura. Just curious.

Topless, female Asura. and Charr. is that enough to cause you horrible nightmares yet?

Posted by: WolftheAngel.4089

WolftheAngel.4089

I just saw this on my female Charr this morning. o.o

As someone who plays all Charr, and one Asura this looks awful. Not only is there no tail, ears, or horns, but my character’s chests are exposed. My Charr are all female. I would make sense on a male charr, but not on a female charr.

I previewed it on my female Asura as well. =O

I don’t know if gender change is possible, but she definitely looks like a man with that outfit.

This is exactly why I never buy my characters any nice things. >.<

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

As someone who plays all Charr, and one Asura this looks awful. Not only is there no tail, ears, or horns, but my character’s chests are exposed. My Charr are all female. I would make sense on a male charr, but not on a female charr.

I don’t know if gender change is possible, but she definitely looks like a man with that outfit.

Yeah, Gender change is possible with an extreme makeover kit. I dont get why they followed through with this either. look at the witch costume for example. they did give the female version of that to female asura, i dont know if they also did so for charr though. I dont get why they couldnt have done the same in this case. It would certainly still be better than full on chest exposure.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think the reason there is no tail is that this raiment essentially transforms the lower extremities into some demon’s legs? For all races. So it isn’t that charr are wearing pants and their tails aren’t showing, their entire lower half is transformed into some sort of demon’s legs, and that demon doesn’t have a tail.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Kasemdria.7138

Kasemdria.7138

I was so keen to get the satyr look for my female characters…but alas….its yet another pair of high healed boots for them. Why? Why is it always high healed boots? Can we get a choice maybe? A satyr version for females in the gemstore?

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I’ll never buy a set that Cuts off my tail (what if humans had a leg cut off… Think that would upset them a bit)… Thats one of the main physical features in charr… together with other bodyparts that they often kut off – like horns.

Please Think of charr users one single time Before u creat a something. The vast majority of wear-able things either clips or removes something…. so sad.

Kima & Co

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Kasemdria.7138

Kasemdria.7138

O_o Those skinny legs can’t support such a head!
I think they need to be made a bit more stocky.

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

I’ve no idea why Charr still have armour in this game. There isn’t one piece that looks decent, and nearly every set is flawed in some way from a technical standpoint.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Saw it on quite a few human females in LA earlier. Thoughts:

a) Boobs!
b) Making the cloven hooves into stripper platform shoes was definitely thinking outside the box.
c) Boobs.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

I’ve no idea why Charr still have armour in this game. There isn’t one piece that looks decent, and nearly every set is flawed in some way from a technical standpoint.

always remember.. you pay the same like non charr players

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I wish the costume itself came with a demon tail. ;x

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t mind that this costume removes the charr tail. Considering the legs are goat like, the costume is satyr like in nature. The charr tail doesn’t go with it. So it sort of makes sense to me.

My biggest complaint is the removal of the wings. This outfit is distinctly lacking with the removal of the big black wings. Anet needs to put them back.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Doggie.3184

I don’t mind that this costume removes the charr tail. Considering the legs are goat like, the costume is satyr like in nature. The charr tail doesn’t go with it. So it sort of makes sense to me.

My biggest complaint is the removal of the wings. This outfit is distinctly lacking with the removal of the big black wings. Anet needs to put them back.

Maybe it will be a back piece. Some people may not like the wings as well. They could attach them to shoulders to let them be hidden though.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Maybe it will be a back piece. Some people may not like the wings as well. They could attach them to shoulders to let them be hidden though.

The wings are a part of the original outfit though. This version is simply a kitten poor knockoff.

Doggie.3184

The wings are a part of the original outfit though. This version is simply a kitten poor knockoff.

Maybe they’ll pull an EA and it’ll be DLC? :P I do agree the GW1 version does look better after looking back on it. I even see a dude wearign a diff helmet with it. Was the black part on stomach cloth or fur in GW1? don’t remember and hard to tell.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

Too lazy to throw the charr a custom looking tail? Compared to the other Halloween skins, this is the laziest outfit design and barely satisfies.

At least with the mad king outfit you get a toy scepter and it looks decent on Charr. This could have catered better to all races, but falls short.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Maybe they’ll pull an EA and it’ll be DLC? :P I do agree the GW1 version does look better after looking back on it. I even see a dude wearign a diff helmet with it.

I sure hope they aren’t that dumb. It would definitely earn a nasty-gram from me. (Won’t change anything, but would make me feel better)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Perhaps removing the tail is their “answer” to clipping complaints.

Don’t like clipping? OK, we’ll just remove the problem altogether. No clipping then!

The sad part is I’m not even sure if I’m joking or not…

Doggie.3184

Perhaps removing the tail is their “answer” to clipping complaints.

Don’t like clipping? OK, we’ll just remove the problem altogether. No clipping then!

The sad part is I’m not even sure if I’m joking or not…

Nuu, I’m a Sylvari and want a tail, even if it clips. Charr are lucky.

Not when it comes to this outfit though. XD Even if the GW1 version didn’t, I wish this costume had a demon tail.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Well, it’s not like female charr and asura with exposed chests are unheard of:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pit_Fighter_armor#Charr
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barbaric_armor#Charr
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gladiator_armor#Charr
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Braham%27s_Heavy_Armor_Skin#Charr
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feathered_armor#Charr

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

To be fair, the outfit also gives everyone reverse jointed legs and hooves. Charrs missing their tails isn’t any worse than every other race taking Ogden’s hammer to their knees.

Everyone unless you happen to be a humanoid with breasts.

In which case kitten you, enjoy the heels sucker.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Everyone unless you happen to be a humanoid with breasts.

In which case kitten you, enjoy the heels sucker.

You know what’s messed up about high heels that don’t increase your height? It’s a deformity. The modeler has to cut as many inches off the lower legs (because they can’t change where the knees are) as the stiletto is tall, shove the ankles into the stumps of what used to be a properly-proportioned leg, and emply other tactics (such as making the legs thinner and hiding where the hips start with a busy skirt) to hide the fact that the character is no longer correctly proportioned.

So I think the raiment is messing up everyone’s anatomy equally, be it missing tails, shattered knees, or amputated shins.