Random Q: Aatxe animation changes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

Hi all, I didn’t quite know where to ask this question so I’m posting here. I was fighting Aatxes (in Queensdale swamp) and when they charged, they left pink/purple flames on the ground. I don’t remember this being the animation at launch. Any gameplay videos that I’ve seen are unclear.

Kind of a silly question, but does anyone know if/when this animation was changed?

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I haven’t been to Queensdale in a while so I’m not sure when they added this. However, this is probably an attack animation update in preparation for the next patch (Fractals of the Mist) since chaos beasts probably play a big roll in Thaumanova.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Psynch.4087

Can’t wait for it! Although the chaos beasts that we see in the reactor have only taken the shape of shades so far, no? I honestly wouldn’t expect to see Aatxes there, but should I?

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Just a random guess.

I know only the shades are really there currently, but they are the only thing that seems to spawn from the chaos material instead of just being teleported in. So they may play a large role in what the inquest were experimenting with/on in the past.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Psynch.4087

Just a random guess.

I know only the shades are really there currently, but they are the only thing that seems to spawn from the chaos material instead of just being teleported in. So they may play a large role in what the inquest were experimenting with/on in the past.

I think you would enjoy my videos. I offer details on the nature of chaos material and its ties to Scarlet and the Thaumanova Reactor

(edited by Psynch.4087)