Random people being added to my friends list?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frap.2164

Frap.2164

I just logged into the game today and see that 4 people have been randomly added to my friends list. They were not there when I logged off last night. Is there any cause for this? I doubt it would be an account hacker, as I just changed my password and all my characters/gear were left untouched.

Posted by: Ash.2175

Ash.2175

If you sent people trial invitations and they logged in during the trial weekend, then they were automatically added to your friends list.

Frap.2164

If you sent people trial invitations and they logged in during the trial weekend, then they were automatically added to your friends list.

I never sent anyone any trial invites during the weekend.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

probably are in the followers tab, that means they added you but doesnt imply you added them

I took an arrow to the knee

Frap.2164

probably are in the followers tab, that means they added you but doesnt imply you added them

Nope, they are in the “Friends” portion.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

You probably already considered this but were they maybe just some alts that you weren’t aware your existing friends had? Otherwise I don’t know. I will sometimes add people after teaming up in pve/dungeons then can’t remember who they were a couple days later, hehe.

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

As another alternative, consider changing your password immediately. Maybe you were hacked, which is a possibility if you really didn’t add those people.