Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

is it just me or it’s a bit underwhelming how your pet just spawns next to you when you swap it? idc about immersion because it’s just a game and I don’t play ranger, but still…

(edited by pullnointer.1476)

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

Where would you prefer that the pet spawn? I do play a ranger (my primary char) and never considered this a probem.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

Where would you prefer that the pet spawn? I do play a ranger (my primary char) and never considered this a probem.

next to me is fine. just not out of thin aether maybe. spells have gfx, I think pet swaps should too.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Then we would have to have an ingame reason for having 30+ pets without having an animal army always following us. Sometimes its better to let little things slide. Being immersed doesnt mean you have to actually forget its a game.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Yes! We need a burst of sparkling purple smoke to mask our pet’s arrival or perhaps a Bullwinkle style “Now just watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat” animation.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

(edited by Ferguson.2157)

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i agree with OP. it should be 15 sec cast time with one pet running away to horizon and other coming immediately when 1st one can not be seen anymore.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

bob.5680

next to me is fine. just not out of thin aether maybe. spells have gfx, I think pet swaps should too.

I’d consider that just more unnecessary stuff unrelated to the activity at hand. When I’m switching pets it’s usually because my current pet has been killed and all I really care about is getting his replacement up and going as quickly as possible.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

I’d consider that just more unnecessary stuff unrelated to the activity at hand. When I’m switching pets it’s usually because my current pet has been killed and all I really care about is getting his replacement up and going as quickly as possible.

and this prevents you doing that in what way? necros have minion summon animations. why don’t rangers have pet swap animations?

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

i agree with OP. it should be 15 sec cast time with one pet running away to horizon and other coming immediately when 1st one can not be seen anymore.

troll?

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

troll?

is trolling a troll bad?

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

troll?

is trolling a troll bad?

did you even understand my post or are you just acting on your compulsion to talk kitten?

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

bob.5680

and this prevents you doing that in what way? necros have minion summon animations. why don’t rangers have pet swap animations?

Well, I also play a necromancer and really have no interest/use for the minion animation. Actually, I view it as a waste of time and distraction. Swapping pets doesn’t cost my character any time lost and that is better in my opinion.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

Well, I also play a necromancer and really have no interest/use for the minion animation. Actually, I view it as a waste of time and distraction. Swapping pets doesn’t cost my character any time lost and that is better in my opinion.

any reason it couldn’t be done that way?

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

bob.5680

troll?

is trolling a troll bad?

did you even understand my post or are you just acting on your compulsion to talk kitten?

You may not be trolling, but I must admit that since you don’t play a ranger why does no animation for pet swapping bother you? I wouldn’t expect you to care.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

troll?

is trolling a troll bad?

You may not be trolling, but I must admit that since you don’t play a ranger why does no animation for pet swapping bother you? I wouldn’t expect you to care.

i use my ranger as a mule and last time I got on it i swapped my pet and I noticed this and it felt very cheap, it’d annoy me to hell if I actually played the class.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

bob.5680

troll?

is trolling a troll bad?

i use my ranger as a mule and last time I got on it i swapped my pet and I noticed this and it felt very cheap, it’d annoy me to hell if I actually played the class.

Well, as a primary ranger player, no thanks! It would annoy me if there was an animation. Absolutely no reason to delay the swap as far as I can see.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

troll?

is trolling a troll bad?

Well, as a primary ranger player, no thanks! It would annoy me if there was an animation. Absolutely no reason to delay the swap as far as I can see.

any reason it couldn’t be done without delaying the swap? I’m basically asking for some gfx here, some ranger themed flowers and kitten appearing around the pet and slowly dissipating after spawn maybe

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Never gave it much thought. I think a kind of teleport animation would work just fine. They are already in game. Although I would think more along the lines of a thief rather than a mesmer.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Efyx.8926

Efyx.8926

Simple animation: A pokeball ^^… it would fit perfectly, my ranger keep saying “I choose you” when i swap pet.

Seriously, anything like pullnointer said could be fine, maybe a smoke screen.

But if Anet adds an animation for swap pet it must not have a delay.

pet swap without delay >>>>> pet swap with animation and delay

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

bob.5680

Never gave it much thought. I think a kind of teleport animation would work just fine. They are already in game. Although I would think more along the lines of a thief rather than a mesmer.

If the animation wasn’t too obnoxious and didn’t delay the swap that would be fine; but in my opinion there are alot more useful/interesting things for the anet folks to be working on.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Oh I agree, definitely better things for them to work on. Yeah, it can’t be a delay. It’s bad enough as it is when you swap to the wolf and try to howl a thief out of SR…

Wolf – “Oh yeah, master chose me and wants me to….SQUIRREL!”
Hunter – “Stupid wolf, don’t just stand there, howl!”

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I have never thought of this. I like it the way it is. No changes plz

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Why not have the second pet, who isn’t in combat, walk behind us while the active pet stand next to us. The inactive pet could maybe be smaller and not be target-able to indicate that it isn’t a threat.

Maybe have the inactive pet turn into a spirit that floats next to the ranger and then have it become tangible one activated?

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

(edited by TriggerSad.2597)

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

what do you like about an animal appearing out of nowhere? at least make it semi-believable with effects…

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

I think charm animal should have an animation. It had a nice one in GW1. Now you just press F and pow, j-pet is now yours. Thief poisons could use one also. A faint glow or something to show what poison you have on your weapon would be nice.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Star Trek teleporter gfx + sound

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

what do you like about an animal appearing out of nowhere? at least make it semi-believable with effects…

Effects are cool and all, but players logging in and out disapear, most mobs respawning simply appear, dead mobs vanish in a few seconds. I just imagine all the work that would be necessary to do justice to all this and would truly rather have a few new maps instead for the manhours of work that would be required.

I’ve never felt a suspension of disbelief in a MMO and I’m not sure that is what I’m exactly looking for in an MMO experience.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

compared to everything else in this game? Players can fast travel without any animation, mobs respawn without an animation most of the time, we carry a million weapons and items with no pockets, and so on…
If this bothers you then I can’t imagine how you can deal with the rest of the game.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Xolosheep.1649

Xolosheep.1649

I understand what OP is saying. I play a ranger and I feel it’s lacking in the visual aspect when I do pet swap. I want my game to be immersive and I rather have a stronger pet and no pet swap in middle of combat.

However, there are all kinds of things breaking immersion in GW2 that I think should have higher priority in their fix list. Jumping puzzles where what you see don’t match the collision object, invisible objects (bounding box) in the world, characters culled when 10 feet away from you, walls that you can walk right through (some jumping puzzles have that), etc. On top of that, the poor use of graphics card power is limiting what more they can put on screen. I want a graphics engine overhaul before them adding more effects to slow it down. (and I doubt it’s gonna happen….)

So yeah, one can only wish GW2 provides an immersive experience like those big budget AAA action titles. :S

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Desmond.5396

Desmond.5396

They could give them a mini asuran portal animation or something. The ranger pets that just vanish into thin air really looks like something from a beta.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

bob.5680

Still, lots of more important and better things for them to work on than improving the animation on pet swapping. In my opinion, this is simply a nit.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Each pet swap should have a cinematic.
Imagine swapping to an eagle pet and seeing from the eagles perspective coming down from the heavens, each and every time you swap.
Kind of like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8sfa_KKpFY&t=1m

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

They could give them a mini asuran portal animation or something. The ranger pets that just vanish into thin air really looks like something from a beta.

pretty much. or give asura rangers the portal and other rangers some basic ranger flowery animation :o

Each pet swap should have a cinematic.
Imagine swapping to an eagle pet and seeing from the eagles perspective coming down from the heavens, each and every time you swap.
Kind of like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8sfa_KKpFY&t=1m

wat

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I wish they didn’t spawn at all, annoying ball and chains slowing my ranger up 24/7..

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

pullnointer.1476

i just awared myself on ranger spirit spawn gfx, it looks just perfect for this purpose.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

They should appear in a puff of blowing leaves like when spirits are summoned. Your character actually does that when you switch from the elemental skills from the Zephyr Scantum back to your regular skill bar. I’m surprised they haven’t bothered to use that animation for the pets.

Ranger Pet Swap Gfx?

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

F4 should be a ground targeted skill that lets you pick where to throw your pokeba… Asuran pet compacting ball device.