Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wow. O.o I wonder how that happened.

Ranger Pets OP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . what in the . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Ranger Pets OP

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I have noticed my pet randomly jumping from 14K health to 29K middleways of random idling in PvP zones, myself.
I blame adrenaline or something.

Ranger Pets OP

Zaxares.5419

… Somebody go check how much health Bears get! Maybe the Rise of the Bearbow is true after all! XD

Ranger Pets OP

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Your pet was dead when the screen was taken. If the pet would be alive, its HP would be lower. Everyone has more HP while in downstate.

And to be honest, pets are like bad designed dungeon bosses. No real threat but an enormous HP bar as compensation.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

Ranger Pets OP

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Your pet was dead when the screen was taken. If the pet would be alive, its HP would be lower. Everyone has more HP while in downstate.

I think it’s still a reminiscent of when you could ressurect pets in beta

Ranger Pets OP

Zaxares.5419

Remember the days in early Nightfall where there was a bug that allowed Rangers to charm unlimited numbers of pets as long as they didn’t leave the map? XD

Ranger Pets OP

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Remember the days in early Nightfall where there was a bug that allowed Rangers to charm unlimited numbers of pets as long as they didn’t leave the map? XD

I missed that one . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Ranger Pets OP

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

And to be honest, pets are like bad designed dungeon bosses. No real threat but an enormous HP bar as compensation.

My pet never died. It gets to about 2k HP and I leave combat. It’s recovering from leaving combat. It hits some 76k+, then jumps down to normal HP level. Besides, when a pet dies, it’s HP sits at 0 (though I’ve seen it sit at 1) and it hobbles around. Pets don’t get down state.

(edited by Pennry.9215)

Ranger Pets OP

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Pets don’t get down state.

. . . I miss pet ressing.

Yes, there actually was a time shortly after launch where ranger pets would drop to the ground and had to be picked up like a player. (Or switched out.) I miss being able to get my pet back up or get someone else’s pet up. More the second.

Ranger Pets OP

eekzie.5640

Yes, there actually was a time shortly after launch where ranger pets would drop to the ground and had to be picked up like a player. (Or switched out.) I miss being able to get my pet back up or get someone else’s pet up. More the second.

Yeah, I miss having to res 50 pets at the shadow behemoth.

Ranger Pets OP

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . I don’t miss that part, no.

It definitely got stupid when an incredibly large amount of rangers showed up with pets to world bosses only for the pets to be dropped dead from AoEs they would never avoid.

Ranger Pets OP

eekzie.5640

. . . I don’t miss that part, no.

It definitely got stupid when an incredibly large amount of rangers showed up with pets to world bosses only for the pets to be dropped dead from AoEs they would never avoid.

As well as 75% of the rangers running around with dead pets…