Ranger pet skins

Ranger pet skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I know i probably won’t see red post on this, but here is the question for you community?
Do you think that we will get ranger-pet-skins at some point?

A lot of pets are awesome, but they are really strange looking, for example Siamoth, love that one, but it’s ugh I could use something more awesome looking and I’d pay good GLORIOUS GEMS OR EVEN BETTER UNLOCK THEM WITH ACHIEVEMENTS!:D

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Ranger pet skins

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Pet Skinning Knife now available in the Gem Store for 1000 gems.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Carry on.

Ranger pet skins

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

I guess the problem with this and other profession specific requests (e.g. Necro minion skins) is the dev time focused on one class alone.

Don’t get me wrong, it would be nice to have the abilities of one pet and the skin of another (for PvE, PvP would require standard models I suspect), but I can’t see it happening because the demand for it is lower than for other new items or features like new armor sets.

Ranger pet skins

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Dont think that will ever happen, what would be more possible (which they have done to an extent) is to add more pet types as they release new maps. We really need more variety but also meaningful/impactful F2s.

I would love a stonehead variant (dinosaur) that is immune to frontal damage, With AA’s that are cone and can hit up to 5 targets (but with same damage as bear Will make it a strong choice for PvE open world tagging + WvW zerging.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Ranger pet skins

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

More pets with lots of different looks and skills is a better request, IMO.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Ranger pet skins

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Maybe put hats on pets? Like the Mini Lavish Llama. Or maybe even warpaints and collars, like the loyal Mabari hounds in Dragon Age. Ofcourse these are all just in PvE, or if players disabled standard models in PvP.

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Ranger pet skins

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i’d venture to guess that they wouldn’t do it for combat reasons.

in theory, if i see a ranger and he sends his wolf over to me, i can expect at some pt he’s going to use X skill to do X to me.

if u skinned it, it might look like a rabbit, and i’d have not “tell” to kno de type of atk that was possibly incoming

it’d be a fun idea, but i’d guess dat’s the core reason it wouldn’t happen