Rank 30 WvW Required for Gift of Battle Grind

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eddy.7924

Eddy.7924

In my opinion, this would actually be a perfect example of a ‘grind’.

I am well over level 30, so I am not affected by this change. Thus my argument is purely for the sake of new players, and to eliminate a change that really adds no value to the game.

Asking players, who may not enjoy WvW, to earn enough Badges of Honor was already seen as a ‘grind’ for such players and was offset by including Badges of Honor as a part of the Achievement Chest Rewards.

Having ‘solved’ this problem, you have now chosen to make WvW once again compulsory in the process of crafting a legendary, which not to mention has not been the case for all those who have recently crafted them, and thus is rather unfair.

I understand that you are trying to urge more players to move to WvW, as this is where players are able to create more interest in the game rather than the developers having to come up with content at a ridiculous pace, and I am not complaining about that, it is one solution.

However, there are plenty of others, such as not completely throwing away dungeons after their patch, and perhaps involving them in a different aspect of the game, as you have done with the new Fractals.

Again, I do not wish to offend anybody, and do not want to create any arguments, I am purely stating my observations of what could be a rather depressing, non-value adding burden to be placed on new players wishing to create their first legendary, which as well already know is a process that has been made much longer given the comparative lack of Karma that we are now able to obtain.

Kind regards,

Edward

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

So basically i cant even waste my badges of honor on gifts of battle anymore?
I liked crafting 6 Legendaries without ever setting foot outside of wvw main base.
But with wxp Accountwide you only hit level 30 once right? How do they want to handle that?

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Arena.net wants you to play WvW in order to get a legendary.

Deal with it.

Posted by: WRay.2391

WRay.2391

So they are not against Legendaries to be tradable on TP but they want WvW rank for gift of battle ? One way thinking indeed …

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

2 legendaries down and I only have rank… 12 in wvw. What a silly silly requirement for new players

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

We already have to play wvw for map completion for legendary.
Is enough i think.

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

They are actively trying to enrage me. This can’t be accidental. They have got someone on staff, full-time, whose whole function is to come up with ideas that will make my eyeballs bug out. That is the only possible explanation.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

WvW and Legendaries always goes hand to hand since the big bang. This will require people to participate more in wvw to get their shiny legendary, which is a good thing for Anet to do.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

That is utter bullkitten. They’ve basically made it impossible for a casual player to obtain a legendary without (shocker!) buying one outright off the TP.

I’ve done my map completion, I’ve gotten everything but the precursor, and I’ve played a lot of WvW just for the heck of it. I’m not exactly a casual player, but I’m not hardcore by any means, yet I’m only rank 11. I could understand if it was rank 10. That is achievable and by the time you hit that you’ve learned a lot about WvW.
Making it rank 30 certainly won’t help the issue of zerging either.
What next Anet? Require completion of fractals up through level 50 in order to get world completion?
They should just stop this crap and remove the legendary crafting process and sell them directly in the gemstore for RL cash only purchases. That’s what they want.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So basically i cant even waste my badges of honor on gifts of battle anymore?
I liked crafting 6 Legendaries without ever setting foot outside of wvw main base.
But with wxp Accountwide you only hit level 30 once right? How do they want to handle that?

It could be that they’ve added a check to see how many ranks you’ve earned.

Personally, I don’t have a problem with this. I think they realized that adding badges of honor to achievement chests removed the playing WvW part of the game they wanted. At least this way even a player who is horrible will still eventually reach 30. And I’m someone who doesn’t like WvW very much and isn’t that interested in playing WvW.

And I may just raise my ranks up anyway even though I’ve already got my gift of battle. Got that earlier last week.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

This decision is beyond silly. That’s the idea, to get players without the slightest interest in WvW to fill up the queues. Now everybody can enjoy the new EoTM overflows, so the dying dynamic events system will finally get abandoned and we will all enjoy our zergish pvp, so gracefully forced upon us.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

WvW and Legendaries always goes hand to hand since the big bang. This will require people to participate more in wvw to get their shiny legendary, which is a good thing for Anet to do.

Forcing a player to do something they don’t wanna do is never a good idea or a good thing. All this will do is introduce a new level of player who could careless about WvW who does not listen and does there own thing.

I am seriously starting to think there trying to alienate there customer base cause there obviously not listing. They kinda do what they want I hope they understand there jobs depend on us players enjoying the game. Otherwise lucky few will get transferred to other projects while the majority find them self’s looking else where for new jobs. I just cant understand this at all special after all the outrage that getting map completion in WvW has caused.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Anet need to get rid of badges in the achievement chests & eb/bl jp chests. So players will have to participate in wvw to get their hands on legendaries like most of us. It’s part of the game.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Forcing casuals into WvW will have a detrimental effect on a servers ability to hold objectives and maintain status.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Arena.net wants you to play WvW in order to get a legendary.

Deal with it.

To finish your map too…

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

lvl 30 takes what, 2 days at most :S

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

This seems overkill on top of the map completion and badges. I suppose I could conceed them wanting a bit of a rank, but 30 seems too high.

ANet and Colin need to start coming to grips with the fact that no, not all their players are in love with PvP.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Altogether I surely spent more than 2 days on my main, completing the map and doing the dalies for a few weeks, because for some time I really had fun doing that. Then I finally realized what a laggish, zergy, chaotic bullcrap it is and left it, never to come back. Made it to the 17th lvl.

Luckily, most legendaries look crappy anyway and the Twilight is as common as cold. I just hoped for the new ones, oh well.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

rank 30 is a joke….. you could get rank 30 in a matter of a month if you’re lazy enough…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

In my opinion, this would actually be a perfect example of a ‘grind’.

I am well over level 30, so I am not affected by this change. Thus my argument is purely for the sake of new players, and to eliminate a change that really adds no value to the game.

Asking players, who may not enjoy WvW, to earn enough Badges of Honor was already seen as a ‘grind’ for such players and was offset by including Badges of Honor as a part of the Achievement Chest Rewards.

Having ‘solved’ this problem, you have now chosen to make WvW once again compulsory in the process of crafting a legendary, which not to mention has not been the case for all those who have recently crafted them, and thus is rather unfair.

I understand that you are trying to urge more players to move to WvW, as this is where players are able to create more interest in the game rather than the developers having to come up with content at a ridiculous pace, and I am not complaining about that, it is one solution.

However, there are plenty of others, such as not completely throwing away dungeons after their patch, and perhaps involving them in a different aspect of the game, as you have done with the new Fractals.

Again, I do not wish to offend anybody, and do not want to create any arguments, I am purely stating my observations of what could be a rather depressing, non-value adding burden to be placed on new players wishing to create their first legendary, which as well already know is a process that has been made much longer given the comparative lack of Karma that we are now able to obtain.

Kind regards,

Edward

stop. just stop right there. wvw players are in the worst place in the game when it comes to getting a legendary. pve players with a metric kitten ton of achievment points have probably literally thousands of badges of honor, where wvw players have to farm them. get it?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

What about people who have a computer that plays the rest of the game just fine, but cannot handle the crowds on WvW? Must they either buy a new computer or the legendary? The map completion can already be a real pain mainly due having to sometimes wait many weeks for the server to change colors.

(I have the only legendary I want and personally I will someday reach that 30. I’ve just been waiting for the rank to become account bound.)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

What about people who have a computer that plays the rest of the game just fine, but cannot handle the crowds on WvW? Must they either buy a new computer or the legendary? The map completion can already be a real pain mainly due having to sometimes wait many weeks for the server to change colors.

(I have the only legendary I want and personally I will someday reach that 30. I’ve just been waiting for the rank to become account bound.)

well they can use the item they get from PvE to buy the rank… lol

use laurel..is it laurel.. ? i think it is laurel…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I don’t really see why players who doesn’t have 250k www kills or rank 80 should even have legendary.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

30 is quite simple to get. Also you can use laurels to buy rank.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

30 is quite simple to get. Also you can use laurels to buy rank.

Well, that does solve the problem. Sort of anyway. Buying rank just rubs me the wrong way.

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I personally choose to WvW, I choose not to do dungeons and I am aware that my choices exclude me from crafting a legendary.

I would suggest gathering 60 laurels if you choose not to wvw but wish to craft a legendary

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think it’s kind of pointless really considering you can BUY legendaries off the TP. Unless they are going to make it that you need rank 30 to even buy them off the TP it’s all pointless.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

All this will do is introduce a new level of player who could careless about WvW who does not listen and does there own thing.

This is a major point that all the “QQ hurr durr” trolls will completely miss, and then they’ll be back on the forums raging about people who don’t follow commanders orders, or do things completely out of order, and so on.

Forcing casuals into WvW will have a detrimental effect on a servers ability to hold objectives and maintain status.

I have seen this done in world of warcraft when they introduced exp inside of Battle Grounds (Think wow’s wvw). Once they did this battle grounds became slogged with people just there for quick exp. Those people didn’t follow directions, didn’t care, and in some cases even hacked to get what they wanted. Wow Battle Grounds where never the same afterwards. It really did show because a lot of the community ended up moving on to other aspects of the game or just leaving. I can see this having a similar affect.

I also feel like anet is bullying the community at this point to boot. This change screams you will go to the new pvp area we created regardless if you want to or not. Personally I have pretty much moved on there is nothing left for me really in this game. I only stick around waiting hoping Anet turns around and does right by the community before something better comes out. Sadly I don’t think that’s going to happen.

(edited by angelpaladin.7921)

Posted by: dEjAhVu.4526

dEjAhVu.4526

Making a legendary isn’t supposed to be a cake walk. It’s meant to make you touch as many parts of the game as you can.

I’m casual, and have 6 characters that I play quite evenly. I’m over rank 30 on every single one. I also roam, don’t play in the zerg if I can avoid it. Mind you I love WvW so a lot of my time is spent there.

Point I’m trying to make is if I ever want to create a legendary I too, like you, have to go to other parts of the game I don’t particularly care for. Dungeons, map completion, PVE grind for mats…. I completely understand why.

Argument goes both ways. I understand for someone who doesn’t participate in WvW that rank 30 may seem daunting, but if you can pump at all the other requirements for a legendary I promise you after you hit rank 30 you will realize how little effort it actually was.

Goodluck!

Drax Voogd Guardian
Drax Maus Necromancer
Server – Blackgate

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Actually all it does is create 3 classes of players. Those who have to do WvW to get their legendary, those who already have one, and those with enough gold to purchase one off of the TP.

If they are going to make this requirement, then it should be a requirement to even equip one. Not rank 30? have a legendary already? so sorry, it has to sit in storage until you get that rank up. The only fair thing to do.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It’s called the Karma train. Log in on Friday, or late thursday, before reset and earn ranks PVDooring over and over again. Pop a wvw and birthday booster and you will get those 30 ranks in no time with no effort.

I know this is Carebear Wars2 and all but you already had to complete the map anyway. Not a whole lot more to ask to get a messily 30 ranks when we have boosters.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Morte de Angelis.7986

Morte de Angelis.7986

While some sort of Participation is required the main difference with PvE and WvW is that you can do PvE at you OWN pace. I complete one map a day simply because I find it too boring to do more but I’m not rushed to get it down NOW because it ain’t going anywhere. No amount of WvWers is going to effect the speed at which I can do this and I’m not effecting other WvWers in playing PvE.

However with WvW you will now have MORE people who are PvEers. MORE people who don’t care about WvW MORE people who won’t listen to order MORE people who are filling up slots from peope who WANT to be there.

I had one tower I needed for map complete. I am stupidly forgotten to get it before rotation. It was the last freaking tower before 100%. I had spent 2 – 3 days almost straight trying to get the tower until I decided to ask in chat. NOPE. I just get smashed down told to get off the map for someone who actually wants to be there to actually play and not for some BS Map Completion 99% of the people on the map couldn’t give a kitten about. I was so disgusted by the people I deleted all my chars and swapped servers. I don’t want to wait for Map Completion for one freaking tower and PRAY we get that colour (Our Server was never good enough to get any other towers).

Now I dislike that map completion is there for the simple fact that I can’t do it at my own pace. I can’t just roam around the Borderlands when I feel like it grabbing all the POIs or Vistas. I either have to wait for a zerg to come by and smash down the door or I have to PRAY that no one comes to get me when I’m trying to solo the tower. If they put the POIs at the door of the tower and not IN the tower and made all vistas accessible via outside the tower then I wouldn’t mind it being there but they aren’t which means that you either need to be lucky or pray you have some people that will help you.

Now before you all go “BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT WE HAVE TO DO PVE AND I DON’T WANT TO DO PVE!!!!!!!11”. I honestly think there should be a WvW Only way of getting the Legendaries. Or at least ways of transfering BoH into the resources needed to get Legendaries with a SMALL touch on Actual PvE.
So say you need to get Dung Tokens still but with the WvW way of doing it you can do less Dungeon Runs and also use your BoH. Just as an example.

I don’t hate that WvW is required. Just on how much is.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I have no intention of ever getting a legendary as they are some of the ugliest weapons in the game and look like they where designed by and for a 12 year old girl, which I have said many times before. Since I have no intention of even trying to make one, this actually does not effect me at all, not even a bit, but it IS unfair to those who do want to go for it. WvW sucks, the players are some of the worst people in game and many of us want nothing to do with either of them. Anet attempting to force players in to content they do not want to do will not end well. Who knows, it could even backfire with PvE players seeing just how mach “fun” they can have by building random siege equipment or seeing what happens when golem walks off a cliff. If it came down to a civil war between the PvE players and the WvW players, WvW would be in serious trouble. ;-)

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

A sore spot? Hardly.

I have all of one legendary that a guild helped me get by gathering a lot of the T6 materials (specifically because it looked so ridiculous). You’re the one howling about “fair” and whatnot.

For a person who claims to not care, you sure seem to care a whole lot about it… considering this is the second thread in two different sub-forums you’ve whined about it in. Sounds like you care a hell of a lot, actually. But hey, that’s just me.

I do apologize for singling out your quote however, because the post really was directed in general to those whining about having to go into WvW for their legendary requirements.

At this point, I don’t know how much clearer Arena.net can make it. They want you to WvW AND PvE in order to get a legendary weapon, and they aren’t going to change that requirement no matter how much carebears (to borrow the term for PvE-exclusive players) cry about it.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I think they’ve probably done it because the WvW population is declining and they want to prop it up.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If they are going to make this requirement, then it should be a requirement to even equip one. Not rank 30? have a legendary already? so sorry, it has to sit in storage until you get that rank up. The only fair thing to do.

Before you could get Badges from achievment chests, before WvW Exp was even a thing, you had to grind out 500 Badges, and there was only one way to do it.

By playing WvW. Like Arena.net clearly wants you to do to get the Gift of Battle. They aren’t changing it no matter how much you complain

So I see I hit a sore spot, LOL!
So just how many legendries do you have there?
I am not “whining”, it seems you are the one getting upset here. I have no intention of ever getting a legendary as they are some of the ugliest weapons in the game and look like they where designed by and for a 12 year old girl, which I have said many times before. Since I have no intention of even trying to make one, this actually does not effect me at all, not even a bit, but it IS unfair to those who do want to go for it. WvW sucks, the players are some of the worst people in game and many of us want nothing to do with either of them. Anet attempting to force players in to content they do not want to do will not end well. Who knows, it could even backfire with PvE players seeing just how mach “fun” they can have by building random siege equipment or seeing what happens when golem walks off a cliff. If it came down to a civil war between the PvE players and the WvW players, WvW would be in serious trouble. ;-)

WvW doesn’t suck. It might not be your cup of tea. But it is to other players. There are toxic players in all aspects of the game. Have you not seen the threads about “elitists” in dungeons or the rude people on the Queensdale champ train? I imagine there are rude people in sPvP, but I don’t like PvP in general so I wouldn’t know.

It’s not my cup of tea either, but when I went in to get my map completion, I found out something. It’s not as bad as I thought it was and I might pop in from time to time once I’ve got my map completion. I do have 1 gift of battle, but I want 2 legendaries and I’m not angry or upset that they changed the requirement. I would also not be upset or angry if they changed it before I got my 1 gift of battle.

You don’t have to actually play WvW to get 100% map completion if you’re patient. So I’m not upset that they added in a requirement that actually makes you play WvW.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

If you want to craft a legendary weapon as a WvW player, you are forced to PvE. You need gift of exploration(which includes much more PvE maps than WvW), dungeon tokens from PvE etc. So the new WvW rank requirement is good since badge of honor now drops from achievement chests without even entering WvW.

Then with your logic, WvW players has to cry like : “Stop forcing us to grind PvE, the game forces players to do PvE and dungeons for legendaries QQ”

The right thing is, being a little forced in WvW is better than solely being forced in PvE. The game has to adress both PvE and WvW players and ofc SPvP players in the future after SPvP is connected via currencies etc. to other modes.

Also don’t forget that majority of achievements and living stories are for PvE and forces players to do PvE.
Spread of available achievement points must be balanced between PvE and PvP zones, PvE-only players get more achievements than WvW-only or SPvP-only players.

Paulytnz.7619

You casual peasants complain about this like if it would take ages to get rank 30 on WvW. You get rank 30 in a week or less. You guys are pathetic.

I’m rank 170+ and I love to WvW just for the fun of it. I just don’t see the point in this if you don’t need rank 30 to buy said items off the TP or to equip them or whatever. It’s just silly really. All it will do is to promote buying legendaries off the TP for those who don’t like to WvW.

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Legendaries are a WvW weapon. WvW participation should be required.

Substance E.4852

You casual peasants complain about this like if it would take ages to get rank 30 on WvW. You get rank 30 in a week or less. You guys are pathetic.

I’m rank 110+ and I love to WvW just for the fun of it. I just don’t see the point in this if you don’t need rank 30 to buy said items off the TP or to equip them or whatever. It’s just silly really. All it will do is to promote buying legendaries off the TP for those who don’t like to WvW.

lol, yes. I’m sure people will elect to farm 3000 gold rather than follow a commander in WvW for a week.

Paulytnz.7619

I’m rank 110+ and I love to WvW just for the fun of it. I just don’t see the point in this if you don’t need rank 30 to buy said items off the TP or to equip them or whatever. It’s just silly really. All it will do is to promote buying legendaries off the TP for those who don’t like to WvW.

lol, yes. I’m sure people will elect to farm 3000 gold rather than follow a commander in WvW for a week.

Well if you tie into that all the other fiddly bits of creating a legendary such as all the needed mats, getting your hands on a precursor, getting craft levels up. All of that WITH now having to get rank 30 for those who dislike WvW, yes, yes I can see how it might seem a little bit more attractive to some people.

Edit: also where does this “one week” come from? I’m sure some people could do that in 2-3 days, for others (depending on their available play time and wvw exp) it could take much longer. Yet I do acknowledge lvl 30 is nothing really…..

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Substance E.4852

Well if you tie into that all the other fiddly bits of creating a legendary such as all the needed mats, getting your hands on a precursor, getting craft levels up. All of that WITH now having to get rank 30 for those who dislike WvW, yes, yes I can see how it might seem a little bit more attractive to some people.

I still don’t see how given that you either have to zerg up or wait 3+ weeks to complete the wvw map to get the exploration gifts anyway.

Posted by: Tiburon.8634

Tiburon.8634

30 ranks isn’t that much at all.

Paulytnz.7619

I still don’t see how given that you either have to zerg up or wait 3+ weeks to complete the wvw map to get the exploration gifts anyway.

This reply just proves my point, by adding another thing to my list that people have to go through lol. Clearing the wvw maps. If Anet keeps adding more and more little things like these that frustrate players of course to some it might seem more attractive to just farm the gold instead to get the shiny rather than go through all these annoying little hoops.

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Legendaries are a WvW weapon. WvW participation should be required.

Legendaries are a PvE weapon. PvE should be the only requirement.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

A sore spot? Hardly.

I have all of one legendary that a guild helped me get by gathering a lot of the T6 materials (specifically because it looked so ridiculous). You’re the one howling about “fair” and whatnot.

For a person who claims to not care, you sure seem to care a whole lot about it… considering this is the second thread in two different sub-forums you’ve whined about it in. Sounds like you care a hell of a lot, actually. But hey, that’s just me.

I do apologize for singling out your quote however, because the post really was directed in general to those whining about having to go into WvW for their legendary requirements.

At this point, I don’t know how much clearer Arena.net can make it. They want you to WvW AND PvE in order to get a legendary weapon, and they aren’t going to change that requirement no matter how much carebears (to borrow the term for PvE-exclusive players) cry about it.

This makes sense…if you just couldn’t buy them.

So no, this doesn’t make sense.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well and i wish i could make an ascended and legendary without setting foot into pve… well its not possible. rank 30 is really easy to do. u can easily farm 10 ranks a day. plus with the new eotm 30 will be even easier. there is some pve elements wher u have to gather stuff or kill monsters. all gives wxp. so please dont panic.most of the pve ers already have rank 30 from the season achievments

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

How to fix it: Don’t buy gems, stop rewarding them every time they make a bad decision, that’s the only way to hurt a company, then send a little mail to NCSOFT so they know why the gem sales went down.

Posted by: Lanierx.2607

Lanierx.2607

I’m rank 170+ and I love to WvW just for the fun of it. I just don’t see the point in this if you don’t need rank 30 to buy said items off the TP or to equip them or whatever. It’s just silly really. All it will do is to promote buying legendaries off the TP for those who don’t like to WvW.

Legendaries require many other items that are not available on the TP besides a lvl 30 wvw rank , does that make it silly too? I dont see anyone complaining for those.

Edit: I love how you changed from 110 rank to 170, pretty legit stuff. You sound believable.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I’m not a fan of the new change, I’ll just point out that there’s a couple of ways you can get to rank 30 relatively painlessly.

1. Join the “PvDoor Karma Train”, which is a term for a large zerg of your server’s players that just goes to a poorly defended Borderlands and smashes apart any puny defense in its path to cap large objectives like Towers or Keeps. This nets you a good amount of XP, karma and WXP, and then the train moves on, leaving the newly captured keep/tower all but undefended so the enemy can capture it again. Then, 10 mins later, you come back and start the cycle all over again.

You can quite easily gain 3 – 4 World Ranks in a few hours doing this.

2. If you’re absolutely dead set against any form of WvW, you can also just use Laurels and purchase the Liquid XP items from the WvW Laurel Merchant. You need 2 Laurels + 50 Badges of Honor, but you can use the Badges from your Achievement Chests for this.

It won’t be fast, but if you don’t do WvW anyway, it’s not like you’ll be spending your Badges on anything else.