Rank 30 WvW Required for Gift of Battle Grind

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Rank 1-5: Kill Yaks for 2? minutes.
Rank 5-30: Zerg daily for 10 minutes, acquire +1 rank, WvW dailies & +0.5 rank from laurels.

10 minutes a day while you farm the rest of your junk for your legendary. It’s not hard.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yup… but some people are too lazy, and yet they argue back when WvW player question why do they need to do map completion for Legendary Weapon which i think is even more grindfest. took me 2 dedicated weeks to do map completion.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

I am a WvW player and I was forced to do pve map completion, dungeons and farm karma & gold in cursed shore to get my legendary. Its only fair that non-wvw players be required to actually do wvw instead of getting their gift of battle for free from achievement rewards.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Legendaries shouldn’t have been tradeable in the first place. This is a good step into the right direction where Legendaries actually require you to achieve something. Rather than mindlessly farming gold.

But I think that it’s probably too late for that already anyway.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I think at least rank 30 in WvW should be required before being able to equip a legendary. You could buy it of the TP but not be able to equip it.

I’m tired of PvE people complaining about having to do WvW for the legendary when there is much more PvE required to do for it that many WvW players don’t wnat to sully themselves with. Having to play PvE and stooping down to such lows to get a legendary is really annoying.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

When the game launched, I thought I was getting scammed when I found out the Mists bonuses I was supposed to get from WvW were not being applied to my account. None of my guildies were receiving it either.
I asked an Anet employee whether I should get a refund, and live with losing all the Guild benefits we had amassed, or just continue playing the game flawed. I was better than most having played without all the bonuses, but I was also poorer and had much less harvest materials.
I explained to them how the fact that they would not even acknowledge the bug was making clear grounds for a class action lawsuit (it did, trust me). Magically three days later, the bug was fixed, however, the damage had been done.
Many players that realized that they werenot getting the bonuses for more than three months chimed in on the thread that they would never step foot in that area. I went in for the mapping, nothing more.
I have a precursor and the Gift of battle, I will not go there ever again by being forced. Anet ruined my server support attitude and desire to help my server players by not giving me anything for it for three months ( actually longer but I digress)

CreativeAnarchy.6324

When the game launched, I thought I was getting scammed when I found out the Mists bonuses I was supposed to get from WvW were not being applied to my account. None of my guildies were receiving it either.
I asked an Anet employee whether I should get a refund, and live with losing all the Guild benefits we had amassed, or just continue playing the game flawed. I was better than most having played without all the bonuses, but I was also poorer and had much less harvest materials.
I explained to them how the fact that they would not even acknowledge the bug was making clear grounds for a class action lawsuit (it did, trust me). Magically three days later, the bug was fixed, however, the damage had been done.
Many players that realized that they werenot getting the bonuses for more than three months chimed in on the thread that they would never step foot in that area. I went in for the mapping, nothing more.
I have a precursor and the Gift of battle, I will not go there ever again by being forced. Anet ruined my server support attitude and desire to help my server players by not giving me anything for it for three months ( actually longer but I digress)

Then you don’t deserve a legendary and should not complane about it. It was your choice and you are just using that event as an escape goat. ANet should not cater to people like you.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I think someone at anet noticed that WvW is slowly going down since the release… Way to “attract” ppl to it.
On the other hand, it’s The Legendary weapon, so I think it’s not just a pve legendary but overall game achievements legendary that shows that you have played every aspect of the game. Those 30 ranks is nothing compared to how much some have to farm to get gold for other materials…

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

When you’re starting out, you get mini wxp boosters in your level chest. They last 15 mins or so. You can get wxp for pretty much anything in wvw, so pop those as much as possible, and …. hell grab 4-5 people and go around capping camps. You’ll get levels as you do, without ~too much direct combat. Have extra bday boosters? Do some pve, then pop into WvW — especially the new EOTM map or if your server has a karma train running on Fridays. The levels will show up in no time.

Also, the new living story rewards you with an hour-long wxp booster. Hop in on the weekend, and go go go! Have extra laurels and badges? Make sure you booster is on, and buy a few levels from the laurel vendor on any WvW map.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Just like badges, you don’t need to participate in WvW at all.

Q. What? How?
A. It’s simple. Just buy the liquid WXPs from merchant and get to 30 wvw rank. Yes, it costs laurels and badges but you don’t have to do wvw at all.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You can just buy ranks with laurels and the badges you get from achievement point chests. What’s the problem?

Posted by: Prevvy.1936

Prevvy.1936

PvE players complaining rank 30 and 500 badges in WvW is a grind?

That’s cute.

Prevvy Hyperion | [VII] Seventh Legion | [dF] Driven By Fury

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

So it is okay that WvW players have to participate in dungeon content in order to get 500 marks for a gift from a dungeon and complete all the maps outside WvW, but it is not okay when PvE players have to WvW for a few days to get rank 30. Logic at it’s finest!

azizul.8469

yup.. lazy “PvE only” players…

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

fixed something that didn’t need changing at all, meanwhile commander tag is still available at 100g without any other requirements.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You need 250 Badges of Honor + 100g for a Commander tag now.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

This can’t be a real thread. In what world does R30 wvw even come close to approaching the grind that is required for the other parts of a legendary item? Casual players have little chance of acquiring a legendary as it is, this tiny change hardly affects that.

This is like complaining that Mt. Everest is suddenly too tall to climb because an extra inch of snow fell.

On the fourth page I found what seems to be the first post to point out the fact the getting a legendary is and always has been a grind. Thank you for it.

Getting to rank 30 is not a grind. If you’ve been playing this game for a year, you’ll have a +100% WXP booster. Use it, if you play WvW at a normal time it’ll take you much less than the 24 hour duration of the booster to rank up to level 30. Or use laurels and badges, your choice.

Getting all the other parts of a legendary? I challenge you to tell me a non-grindy way to do it, since I’ve logged 2400 hours and don’t yet have a precursor.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

azizul.8469

if ANET require us to get the title “Dungeon Master” to be able to equip a Legendary Weapon, now that’s a grind. Rank 30 is a joke.

(edited by azizul.8469)

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Rank 30 isn’t enough, it needs to be bumped up to 1000. 30 is too easily bought and pve players will be able to buy that too easily. Make them really spend some laurels if they don’t want to play WvW.

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Making a legendary isn’t supposed to be a cake walk. It’s meant to make you touch as many parts of the game as you can.

I’m casual, and have 6 characters that I play quite evenly. I’m over rank 30 on every single one. I also roam, don’t play in the zerg if I can avoid it. Mind you I love WvW so a lot of my time is spent there.

Point I’m trying to make is if I ever want to create a legendary I too, like you, have to go to other parts of the game I don’t particularly care for. Dungeons, map completion, PVE grind for mats…. I completely understand why.

Argument goes both ways. I understand for someone who doesn’t participate in WvW that rank 30 may seem daunting, but if you can pump at all the other requirements for a legendary I promise you after you hit rank 30 you will realize how little effort it actually was.

Goodluck!

Friday I decided I wanted to make a sunrise, I opened the TP bought what I didn’t have, went around collected the little things I needed. Then spent 4 days completing world completion for the 3rd time. What a bore… I found out however, that if you complete everything but the hearts, then zoom to the next map; you can get the hearts done pretty fast when you go back. I digress. So anyways, I got the last 2 maps done this morning before my classes, got the gifts of exploration and made my new shiny sunrise.

This is my 5th legendary, (yay for completing legendary collector.) and it didn’t really have the same feel as when I equipped the first one (frostfang), and I thought to myself, “Eh I have the gold, Anet isn’t going to make either A)relevant content orNew legendaries, at least in the near future, I hope.” So while I’ll wait I guess I’ll make another.

Again I opened the trusty TP, bought everything for The Flameseeker Prophecies, made my clovers, went and collected the runes stones. Thank god for that new buy 10 option. Went to wvw, and discovered I could not buy a gift of battle. sat for awhile, asked a few people, finally found out that I cannot get it. So now I have everything sitting around for flameseeker and I can’t make it because I’m forced to play a terrible side of this game. Spvp is so much better I could handle it if it required rank 30-40 in spvp. Instead I’m thrown into the stupidity that is WvW. I just want my shiny.

@Azizul, I hear R30 is obtainable in 2 days, while I did want my shiny today I can do this in 3-4 days sure. However, Dungeon Master can be gotten roughly in 4-6 hours. Depending on peoples play times this is anywhere from a 4 hour grind to a 2 day grind, and even the PvE side of this game it considerably better than the cancer that is WvW.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

azizul.8469

my point is, just as many PvE’r hate going to WvW, there are as many people playing WvW that hate many aspect of PvE, be it be dungeons, map exploration or etc.

so, why is it okay for WvW players being forced to do PvE content but not okay for PvE players forced to do WvW ?

that’s the impression i get from PvE players on this thread; it is okay for a set of rule to be forced on others, but not okay for the same set of rule implemented on them…. lol

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I somehow think you’re not gonna get a lot of sympathy if you’re working on your 6th Legendary, Dempsey. XD

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

if ANET require us to get the title “Dungeon Master” to be able to equip a Legendary Weapon, now that’s a grind. Rank 30 is a joke.

Dungeon Master isn’t a grind, one of the truly non-grindy achievements in this game, and the kind if thing I’d like everything to be.

Grind means doing the same thing over and over repetitively. You only need to do each dungeon path once to get DM, it’s not a grind.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

azizul.8469

anyway… a lot of respect on you Dempsey on your 5th legendary. a lot of dedication there…..

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I just want to point out to those who say it’s not fair to “grind” in WvW to get what you need to make those Legendary weapons – WvW players have to “grind” a hell of alot more in PvE, than PvE players do in WvW to get the same thing.

And? So, does the fact that it is unfair for WvW players make it any more fair in general?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

azizul.8469

Dungeon Master isn’t a grind, one of the truly non-grindy achievements in this game, and the kind if thing I’d like everything to be.

Grind means doing the same thing over and over repetitively. You only need to do each dungeon path once to get DM, it’s not a grind.

well, sire, that’s an example, i could have put Fractal 50 there if i wanted too….

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

WvWers are like the Queensdale farmers of the PvP world.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

There is no point in arguing about who deserves what, unfair or not and what/wich requirements one should expect to get their hands on a legendary. As long as the only requirement really is gold, it is pretty obvious what Anet thinks about it all.
It is after all a way to avoid grinding, as Anet said we would..
So, if everybody just can wvw, Anet can slow Down on the content, as we all make Our own battles and fun, everybody is happy and Anet makes Money.
a win-win, no?

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

I think Legendary weapons should require even more. On top of a WvW rank, it should also require an sPvP rank, a title, maximum level in two crafts, the collection of all recipes from karma vendors throughout the world for those two crafts, the collection of all regular dyes, a number of wins in a minigame of your choice, completion of all dungeons, completion of personal story and a set number of achievement points. It’s a long term goal, and that would “force” everyone into everything. Don’t like PvP/WvW/PvE? Too bad, no legendary, “work” for it! :P

While I’m not interested in obtaining a Legendary weapon at all (most look nice, but too flashy for my liking – apart from the shield, that’s perfect – I hope the precursor never drops for me, since that would mean I’d be tempted to try and get one!), I think being able to buy it is a bit silly.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Keep on twisting the truth, it’ll look the way you want it to no matter what.

How is it twisting the truth though?
Firstly the quote was made back before Ascended.

Secondly even if we do count Ascended, you can get those in several different kinds of ways. So you are not really forced into a specific playstyle to get them and thus the quote still holds true.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I’m not sure why you would WANT a grind… grinds are horrible. I’d rather have a lengthy scavenger hunt and additional unique objectives to achieve something. Doing the same thing over and over and over is stupid. There are better ways to make something worthwhile, and a grind is not one of them.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Grind is the true cancer of MMORPGs, and RPGs in general. I would like to see a progressive game that doesn’t incorporate it one of these days.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Teulius.8752

Teulius.8752

First of all, rank30 can be obtained within a day (like12hours of decent zerging)

Second of all, legendary weapons, are, should be, and always will be a grindfest, and if they turn into ANYTHING other than a grindfest, I will be dissapointed. Legendary weapons are cosmetic conveniences and as such have every right to remain a grindfest and that is ok.

I do not see the point of this thread, as I think pretty much every player would be much happier trying to obtain 30 ranks in wvw, then trying to obtain some of those precursors, or 100charged lodestones or 250vials of blood.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Hmmm. Ive been playing the game since release and am only rank 8. Zerging isnt fun and i get bored of small group roaming aswell. Even so i feel like ive played a fair amount of wvw considering. Rank 30 seems unrealistic to me especially as i find the gametype incredibly mind numbing and boring. I suppose its not too much of an issue personally because I have one gift in the bank and Im not even really going for another leggie at the moment.

It does bother me that anet are forcing players to play more content they dont like. I already have a gripe about them forcing us to zerg world events for dragonite….

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

I just want to point out to those who say it’s not fair to “grind” in WvW to get what you need to make those Legendary weapons – WvW players have to “grind” a hell of alot more in PvE, than PvE players do in WvW to get the same thing.

And? So, does the fact that it is unfair for WvW players make it any more fair in general?

Don’t try and look past what I posted. I merely just pointed out that fact to the PvE players that felt like they were forced to do WvW.

What I think is fair or unfair in this game – I’m not even going to get into that!

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

please remove dungeon and map explo gift, i dont pve QQ

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Everyone knows there are parts of a legendary that are a PITA to different people in the game. WvWers feel like they have gotten the biggest shaft, somewhat understandable.

It really isn’t a matter of whether or not rank 30 is obtainable, easily or not. It is a question of why bother to put this additional restriction in place in the first place?

Why not go ahead and place a dungeon master title requirement on top of it also? That’s only 25 dungeon runs.

The fact is, the additional requirement was unnecessary. Map completion already requires players to pop their head into WvW, even if only for a bit. This additional requirment of rank 30 is just plain unnecessary. To get your map completion, you must enter WvW already and there was no getting around that fact.

Heck, I’ve been playing since a couple weeks after launch and I’m only rank 12 on my main and 11 on my one alt. I’ve got 3.75 map completions finished and I do pop into WvW on rare occasions to partake in some guild fun. Even with me popping into WvW occasionally and casually, I’m only rank 12.

Larger population servers with better coverage and larger zergs are more attractive for players who need to join the zerg to grind out a few ranks. Players on these larger populated servers have the advantage here because smaller populated servers don’t have zerg size to flip objects like the big zergs do.

This change will only encourage larger zergs, and encourage players to move to higher populated servers. There really was no reason to make this change.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I just thought they should have implemented this change AFTER they released account bound wvw levels…. Because they’re getting added and such. I have 2 lvl 10 or so, a couple lower levels, and I bet if they were added together I’d have that rank 30 already.

I don’t know, I agree with Rasputin. It just seems weird, unnecessary, and arbitrary. If they had wanted this to begin with, they could have included it a long time ago.

Edit: also wanted to say I already have the legendaries I want, so it doesn’t matter that much to me.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Astralporing.1957

Don’t try and look past what I posted. I merely just pointed out that fact to the PvE players that felt like they were forced to do WvW.

What I think is fair or unfair in this game – I’m not even going to get into that!

The fact that WvW players are forced into PvE is a long known problem. It also doesn’t affect the current discussion even one bit, so there’s no reason to continuously bring that up. Bad practice is a bad practice whether it is rare or common, and whether it is used equally against everyone or only against a small minority. There’s however no reason why PvE players should invest themselves in fixing WvW problems – i believe WvW players are perfectly able to speak for themselves, right?

But if we’re into pointing things out, I’d like to mention that WvW players argumenting for forcing PvE players into WvW out of spite (“we have it bad, so you will have it bad as well”) work against themselves, because they make it even less probable that their own problems will ever get fixed.
For all we know the next step could be indeed dungeon master for dungeon gifts, or minimum AP requirements i have joked about in other threads.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Remove all the requirements and give everyone a legendary. Then maybe people will stop crying about how unfair it is that they are “forced” to do stuff for an item that is not in the least needed in the first place.

Oh no wait, they will then cry about them being dumbed down.

Astralporing.1957

Remove all the requirements and give everyone a legendary. Then maybe people will stop crying about how unfair it is that they are “forced” to do stuff for an item that is not in the least needed in the first place.

Yes, because obviously there are only that two choices, and noone ever proposed any other solution, like making separate Legendary paths for PvE, WvW and sPvP.
…oh wait.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

30 Ranks isn’t hard.
Compare it with 100 Charged Lodestones.
Few days in WvW or 200G?

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Yes, because obviously there are only that two choices, and noone ever poposed any other solution, like making separate Legendary paths for PvE, WvW and sPvP.
…oh wait.

If you take the moaning to it’s logical conclusion then yes, that is the invariable outcome. “Oh now we don’t have to do wvw great!”. Hang on I hate dungeons, stop forcing me!! Remove them from the reqs as well!!!". And on it goes.

PvE and WvW are not completely separate, hence the shared system. sPvP is completely separate and will more than likely get it’s own legendary system. I’m not entirely sure why some people haven’t grasped this yet.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

It really isn’t a matter of whether or not rank 30 is obtainable, easily or not. It is a question of why bother to put this additional restriction in place in the first place?

I’ve thought about this longer and I think they did it to replace the time spent on badge grinding. Think about how many hours it may have taken us to accumulate badges prior to them being in achievement chests. I’d wager it’s about the same amount of time to get rank 30.

Also, getting rank 30 is a lot less stressful than grinding badges was. You don’t have to run with a zerg and stress out over trying to tag everything, then being disappointed with drops. In fact you can actively avoid zergs and still get a rank an hour (at least in my experience.) Also you no nervewracking JP runs, hoping there won’t be some thief waiting to gank you.

This change will only encourage larger zergs, and encourage players to move to higher populated servers. There really was no reason to make this change.

I’m not so sure about that. There’s plenty of WvW xp to be had from killing sentries, taking camps.. and loads of opportunities for small groups in EotM now.

Whilst I’d rather not have to do anything in WvW for a legendary, I think this is a much more relaxed requirement than pre-achievement chest badge grinding was.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

30 Ranks isn’t hard.
Compare it with 100 Charged Lodestones.
Few days in WvW or 200G?

Yeah not a good argument. I know I can make 20g a day grinding dungeons, world events, ori/saplings and what not. It wouldn’t take an exorbitant amount of time to make that much money if one really wanted to (though yeah, it would be tiresome.) And fwiw, I’ve made two legendaries requiring 100 charged lodestones each with no TP flipping at all.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

This seems overkill on top of the map completion and badges. I suppose I could conceed them wanting a bit of a rank, but 30 seems too high.

ANet and Colin need to start coming to grips with the fact that no, not all their players are in love with PvP.

I agree. I freaking hate PvP, i never do it, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I even hate more being forced into a content I don’t like, for the sake of owning a shiny PvE weapon. If I ever want another legendary I just better start saving 1000g and buy it off TP at this point.

The thing is. It’s not a “PvE weapon”. If it was a “PvE weapon”. You would not be able to use it in WvW.

I beg to differ… I dont enter wvw and find myself wearing my spvp gear… and i can buy stuff in wvw with wvw tokens and run around with it in pve…

WvW is pve (all hard objectives in wvw are pve related) difference is that hostile players happen to provide the bulk of the baddie mob ai instead of some mindless computer…oh, wait..

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you’re really asking why…

This move is being made to revert the WvW participation for a Legendary back to where it was before badges were put into Achievement chests. It’s possible to earn map completion without ever fighting a player. It was (is?) also possible to get badges from the JP. The requirement was put in originally to give people a chance to experience the game mode. ANet has decided their intent was not being served and changed the game so their intent is being served.

Feel free to disagree with their intent, but the “why” is readily apparent.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

The current system is already forcing WvW players play PvE in order to make a Legendary.
Get over it, getting 30 ranks is easy, and I wish it would require much more.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

A part of me hopes this is one of the first steps of adding new legendaries. Legendaries which you won’t be able to buy and aren’t just a matter of being rich.

But then again rank 30. That’s hardly a grind, which is good, but it’s also hardly a proof of anything aside from your capacity of zerging/using your laurels. But then again, very few things in this game are a show of skill and thinking and more a show of “how not dumb the players around you are ?”. So it’s a nice step.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Legendaries are credit-card weapons anyway. It’s beyond stupid to have them tradeable through the TP.

Rank 30 WvW is nothing.