Rank up in PvE/sPvP/WvW, Unlock Everything

Rank up in PvE/sPvP/WvW, Unlock Everything

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I would like to preface this by saying I WOULD prefer that we simply go back to the old way of unlocking skills, but I am offering another alternative method for veterans and new players a like to skip the new tutorial system.

Simply put, if a player has attained a certain rank in sPvP or WvW, they should be exempt from the new tutorial process.

For instance, by rank 10 in sPVP or rank 5 in WvW, I would like to assume that a player has be acquainted with:

• The downed state
  • Elite skills
  • Utility Skills
  • Weapon swapping

For PvE players, I would suggest that any player with a title from a particular set should also be exempt. Surely, if a player has one of the following titles unlocked, the also know how to do the previous:

• Dungeon Master
  • Master Crafter
  • Been There, Done That
  • Golden

Utilizing titles that are account-bound as a means of testing a player’s experience would prevent veteran PvEers from having to go through the tutorial on each character. Utilizing ranks in PvP and WvW would also ensure that new players give PvP a try while offering a relatively quick way of skipping the tutorial AND ensuring that a player knows what they are doing.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”