Rapid Shots and Invisibility (PvP)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

(I’m on a thief) I’m getting extremely aggravated when it comes to thieves and rangers right now while I’m playing my thief. I’ll go invisible while they fight me and I’ll go invisible while they channel their rapid fire skills. Rangers can use Rapid shot and Thieves can use Unload. My invisibility *bold*WON’T*bold* go away during this, but they can cast another rapid fire channel while I am invisible. It’s getting really annoying because I can’t rely on stealth much anymore because I seem to go against one or the other every round. Does this happen to anyone else?

Side note: If I shadowstep and use my Unhindered Dash dodge right after, I’ll dodge in place and not go forward. Anyone else get this issue?

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Already casted channeling skill will follow you, it’s made like that (EG: Confusing Images, Ghastly Claws, etc.). Interrupt it or dodge.

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

Its a stupid mechanic that has been since day 1, and quite frankly goes against everything that is stealth. Stealth should interrupt channeled skills upon activation… so stupid how everyone can continue to hit you even if you stealthed 2 seconds ago… probably they have a bionic eye implant or a thermal-locking kittening bow.

inb4 l2p, inb4 learn to stealth, inb4 “stealth is not like that, stealth is for…”

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Why do we scream at each other
This is what it sounds like
When thieves cry

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

probably they have a bionic eye implant or a thermal-locking kittening bow.

Adequate tools to combat people who can simply disappear in plain sight.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

Go behind them, out of the skills range or break ‘line of sight’, which involves more than going into stealth. Aka using a pillar, corner or another obstacle.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

Its a stupid mechanic that has been since day 1, and quite frankly goes against everything that is stealth. Stealth should interrupt channeled skills upon activation… so stupid how everyone can continue to hit you even if you stealthed 2 seconds ago… probably they have a bionic eye implant or a thermal-locking kittening bow.

inb4 l2p, inb4 learn to stealth, inb4 “stealth is not like that, stealth is for…”

I can live with it not interrupting channels. But since I stealth mid channel, it doesn’t break my stealth, but people like thieves who can spam unload, can cast it AGAIN and it will still hit me WHILE I’M STEALTHED. This again won’t break stealth but it kills me because a thief can only take so much damage. This is what annoys me. I can’t rely on my stealth.