Rares. Lots of them.

Rares. Lots of them.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

The fact is these events were intended to be massive, difficult affairs. Chains of multiple events that would take a good amount of time and effort by several people to get to the end. The problem THEN was that the rewards were most often not worth the effort. The problem NOW is that there’s so many people cramming to these events that it’s making most of them too easy to do (In the case of The Maw, Shadow Behemoth, and Fire Elemental) or too laggy to really finish (In the case of the dragons). The only ones that seem to still be equal in the case of effort/reward are the Shrines in Orr. They are still a bit tricky to do, the bosses don’t die ikitteneconds like the first three, and the general dislike of Orr by the community and the lack of a regular timer for the events like the Dragons means you don’t have everyone running to them all at once.

The Shrine events are what ANet has been intending with this patch. Unfortunately the timed events in low-level areas just weren’t working right due to predictability and high turnover.

Rares. Lots of them.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have not gotten one rare from PvE mobs. Quarter, if not a third, is junk/nothing – constantly.

I’ve been changing zones frequently and since the new patch my drops, overall, have become much much muuuuch worse.

Seems like the good loot is concentrated at DE bosses.

ANet what the kitten? Please explain!

Am I the only one?

I wouldn’t know. I tend to get an occasional rare about every half an hour or so; got 2 from Caldeon Forest yesterday trying to do dallies.

How much MF do you sport?

The fact is these events were intended to be massive, difficult affairs. Chains of multiple events that would take a good amount of time and effort by several people to get to the end. The problem THEN was that the rewards were most often not worth the effort. The problem NOW is that there’s so many people cramming to these events that it’s making most of them too easy to do (In the case of The Maw, Shadow Behemoth, and Fire Elemental) or too laggy to really finish (In the case of the dragons). The only ones that seem to still be equal in the case of effort/reward are the Shrines in Orr. They are still a bit tricky to do, the bosses don’t die ikitteneconds like the first three, and the general dislike of Orr by the community and the lack of a regular timer for the events like the Dragons means you don’t have everyone running to them all at once.

The Shrine events are what ANet has been intending with this patch. Unfortunately the timed events in low-level areas just weren’t working right due to predictability and high turnover.

And this is 100% true too. It should really be more like those temple events, which are fun to do.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)