Rate New Specializations from 0 to 10

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dchsknight.3042

dchsknight.3042

I feel like all the Renegade hate. The look flipping epic. AND I feel people who say it is unfinished just went into a map and pressed 1. I feel it is one of the most finished of the classes.

Not true, I spent the whole first week-end on the Renegade. I also tried the dead-eye and holosmith. And I’ll agree with you that the theme seems pretty cool and interesting. I had a lot of fun playing a power Renegade in pvp, and it felt very powerful. But that same week-end, they hotfixed the elite skill to have an icd, and the only functional build in pvp died right there…

For now, the numbers (including energy cost) are not balanced, and it give a very clunky feeling when you need to wait for so long before you can unleash some of the amazing combos. (Like popping all utility spirits, and the elite with a condition build, you trigger a ton of bleed solo) But these combos are simply too expensive.

Secondly, the whole spec doesn’t work underwater… AGAIN. Second elite spec like this, and with so few skills functioning underwater (only shiro and mallyx), it is really upsetting to someone who wants to main Rev.

There is also the issue of the weapon, which while it gives the impression it should multi-hit and trigger lots of bleeds and lifesteal with the two spirits, the icd limits this heavily. (also energy, but that was already mentioned) It also lacks ANY defensive skills, which is a big mistake not to include a single evade or movement skill… The skill 2 doesn’t hit moving targets… The skill 3 is clunky to use and upset by terrain changes. Skill 4 is just a waste, and I learned to stop using it eventually. So you are left with a skill 1 that is okay, and a skill 5 that I love.

This brings us to the profession mechanic, kalla’s fervor, which seems to have been designed for sharing. The spirits buff eachother, which is really nice, but kalla’s fervor won’t require any special thought at present… It’s missing something to make it stand out. (This is my opinion though, I’m not going to push for changes here, with everything else that needs work)

The 3 bonus skills all kind of suck… I’m getting tired of going into details, but so much has been said on this.

To assume those giving feedback on Renegade didn’t test it is silly. I spent many hours trying different builds, menders, vipers, rapid, maurauders, sage, etc.

Obviously my feedback is leaning towards pvp. I never got a chance to test the Renegade in pve. Was going to do that today, but didn’t realize the testing time was changed.

I don’t play Rev in PVP. I main one for PVE. And I dont agree that it is bad in PVE. I think it is quite the opposite.

Posted by: SappFire.5793

SappFire.5793

The most funny thing in whole demo was is that renegade’s shortbow with condies had pretty nice power modifiers.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I feel like all the Renegade hate. The look flipping epic. AND I feel people who say it is unfinished just went into a map and pressed 1. I feel it is one of the most finished of the classes.

Found the revenant player.

The overwhelming majority of rev players I spoke to called it trash as well. If you think Renegade is ‘one of the most finished’ then have to call BS.

I am a pve player not a pvp. So I could care less what PVP players think of a class.

Its couldn’t care less. Saying you could care less implies that you do, in fact, care what the PvP players think

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

The overwhelming majority of rev players I spoke to called it trash as well. If you think Renegade is ‘one of the most finished’ then have to call BS.

I am a pve player not a pvp. So I could care less what PVP players think of a class.

Renegade still needs PVE buffs most likely. The weapon is too weak and costs too much energy.

dchsknight.3042

Its couldn’t care less. Saying you could care less implies that you do, in fact, care what the PvP players think

Opps! fingers moved faster than my brain!

dchsknight.3042

Renegade still needs PVE buffs most likely. The weapon is too weak and costs too much energy.

Costs to much energy… You know that when a herald goes full buffed they have 0 energy right? and I am not talking about the f2 or the elite.

IF you do 3 facets for fury, swiftness, and Might, You have 1 upkeep tick which means you gen energy at an abysmal rate. Renegade does not have the kind of upkeep cost. You can still gen energy way faster as a Renegade.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Costs to much energy… You know that when a herald goes full buffed they have 0 energy right? and I am not talking about the f2 or the elite.

IF you do 3 facets for fury, swiftness, and Might, You have 1 upkeep tick which means you gen energy at an abysmal rate. Renegade does not have the kind of upkeep cost. You can still gen energy way faster as a Renegade.

When one skill drain your initial 50 energy on get got, it cost too much energy.

For Glint, you can press 3~4 skills and you still have full 50 energy and it takes a few dozen seconds until it hits zero.

Funny how you bring Glint Up because it has perfect energy management if you play it smart.

dchsknight.3042

When one skill drain your initial 50 energy on get got, it cost too much energy.

For Glint, you can press 3~4 skills and you still have full 50 energy and it takes a few dozen seconds until it hits zero.

Funny how you bring Glint Up because it has perfect energy management if you play it smart.

You must not actually play the Revenant…

Herald has NO ENERGY Gen, when fully buffed. YOU DO NOT get energy back.

You cast 3 skills and you are out of energy completely.

You have to shut off 1 of your facets. the only one worth shutting off in a fight is Facet of Elements which leaves you with only 1 tick of upkeep which means you are getting 1 energy a second. That means you have to wait at least 5-10 seconds before you can fire off another skill. Which means if you are using Sword, that is precision strike, which is nice but not that great. And for axe, that is Frigid blast which is also nice and hits synergies well. But now you are back to 0. Now if your a condi rev it is better because mace has lower cost abilities but not by much. you are still in the same boat as power shiro, just a better position on the boat.

NO herald is not good energy management. It is Garbage to 0. And the fact that people think it is better just shows that they don’t know what they are talking about.

As for renegade ONLY 1 Skill has an upkeep and that is Soulcleave Summit and that costs 10 with an upkeep of 9. The skill with the MOST energy cost Citadel Bombardment at 40. Which is NOT a skill you should using all the time. IT is a strong aoe but NOT a major damage dealing skillI it helps spread burn, but the burn it puts out is weak. And besides burning is not what your skills put out. It is a secondary condi. All the rest of the skills are less energy Which as long as you dont pop soulcleave you will will have enough energy to fire off CB by the time it comes off CD, with some to spare. IF you have full energy you can fire off all spirits at the same time and still have energy.

So I really do not understand the energy cost whining. It is just not true.

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

You have to shut off 1 of your facets. the only one worth shutting off in a fight is Facet of Elements which leaves you with only 1 tick of upkeep which means you are getting 1 energy a second. That means you have to wait at least 5-10 seconds before you can fire off another skill. Which means if you are using Sword, that is precision strike, which is nice but not that great. And for axe, that is Frigid blast which is also nice and hits synergies well. But now you are back to 0. Now if your a condi rev it is better because mace has lower cost abilities but not by much. you are still in the same boat as power shiro, just a better position on the boat.

NO herald is not good energy management. It is Garbage to 0. And the fact that people think it is better just shows that they don’t know what they are talking about.

As for renegade ONLY 1 Skill has an upkeep and that is Soulcleave Summit and that costs 10 with an upkeep of 9. The skill with the MOST energy cost Citadel Bombardment at 40. Which is NOT a skill you should using all the time. IT is a strong aoe but NOT a major damage dealing skillI it helps spread burn, but the burn it puts out is weak. And besides burning is not what your skills put out. It is a secondary condi. All the rest of the skills are less energy Which as long as you dont pop soulcleave you will will have enough energy to fire off CB by the time it comes off CD, with some to spare. IF you have full energy you can fire off all spirits at the same time and still have energy.

I’m not really sure what the issue is here comparatively. Almost any spec you use 3 abilities and you’re out of energy. As for Herald, do you think you should be able to have everything turned on? You’re only supposed to use what you need at the moment, not roflface your keyboard.

And this is coming from a “Renegade uses too much energy in general” advocate.

dchsknight.3042

I’m not really sure what the issue is here comparatively. Almost any spec you use 3 abilities and you’re out of energy. As for Herald, do you think you should be able to have everything turned on? You’re only supposed to use what you need at the moment, not roflface your keyboard.

And this is coming from a “Renegade uses too much energy in general” advocate.

No I dont think that. I am stating the fact that Herald is NOT better then Renagade in energy cost and use. It just not. So people get on the fourms and they complain that renegade has to high a cost and it doesn’t.

Fractured.3928

No I dont think that. I am stating the fact that Herald is NOT better then Renagade in energy cost and use. It just not. So people get on the fourms and they complain that renegade has to high a cost and it doesn’t.

I’ve been watching these forums for quite some time, and you’re the only person to say it doesn’t have high energy costs. Even people who like Renegade say it has high energy cost.

You’re fairly in the minority here.

dchsknight.3042

I’ve been watching these forums for quite some time, and you’re the only person to say it doesn’t have high energy costs. Even people who like Renegade say it has high energy cost.

Yes I am a Minority. But at least I am not ignorant and passing false Info. Legendary Assassin stance has more of an energy cost than renegade. Legendary Demon is almost as much as Renegade. And Dwarf is worse than Renegade.

I would rather be a Minority rather than Ignorant and spreading false info. And then making judgements based on false info.

Fractured.3928

Yes I am a Minority. But at least I am not ignorant and passing false Info. Legendary Assassin stance has more of an energy cost than renegade. Legendary Demon is almost as much as Renegade. And Dwarf is worse than Renegade.

I would rather be a Minority rather than Ignorant and spreading false info. And then making judgements based on false info.

/shrug I think they all need energy reductions, or weapon skills shouldn’t cost energy. But already made a thread about that.

dchsknight.3042

Just to prove what I am saying…

Legendary Assassin, has 2 utils at 30+ and an upkeep at 10/-10 and a 50 cost elite.

Demon has a 20,30,35 with a 5/-7.

Dwarf is at 25,30, 5/-7 with a 50 elite.

Renegade has a 25.30, 25 with a 10/-9. with some energy use on the skills but with heavy cds. Which negates the cost, Because there is no upkeep with the energy.

Couple that with almost all skills causing heavy Dots except for CB. And the support of spreading Kalla fervor. Every skill has major impact on the fight.

So no it does not have a high cost.

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Nowhere was it implied that what I said was based on PvP experiences. I played it in the stress tests and it felt unfinished, poorly thought out, and would likely have little impact on how we play the class; just more of the same with a new legend.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

You have to shut off 1 of your facets. the only one worth shutting off in a fight is Facet of Elements which leaves you with only 1 tick of upkeep which means you are getting 1 energy a second.

I don’t know how experts do it, but whenever I played Revenant, I would use its buff-stacking potential to stack up buffs in between engagements, and then as soon as the fight starts I could burn the Swiftness one, and maybe one of the others if I wanted, so that I was only fighting with one or two active, but I’d still have stacks of buffs from before the fight for a while. Then when the fight ended, I could throw them back on.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

dchsknight.3042

You have to shut off 1 of your facets. the only one worth shutting off in a fight is Facet of Elements which leaves you with only 1 tick of upkeep which means you are getting 1 energy a second.

I don’t know how experts do it, but whenever I played Revenant, I would use its buff-stacking potential to stack up buffs in between engagements, and then as soon as the fight starts I could burn the Swiftness one, and maybe one of the others if I wanted, so that I was only fighting with one or two active, but I’d still have stacks of buffs from before the fight for a while. Then when the fight ended, I could throw them back on.

Yes and that is what I do too, but your still stuck with an abysmal regen rate and unless you are with other people who give out boons, you will run out of the boon very quickly, it wont be a while.

Plus it is a dps loss to turn them off. Because if the timer runs out you loose a ton of Power and condition damage. And you cant turn them back on before the duration goes away, they have major cds that last longer than the boon affect duration. The only way to keep them up is to have someone else apply a stack or have boon duration increases. Which is a dps loss in PVE.

Simply put it is bad to shut off the facets in a fight unless the fight is going to be over in a few seconds which most meaningful fights are much longer. Except for Facet of the Elements I only turn it on and right off to cast the AOE in a fight.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Lmao, I have every classes fully geared, started Revenant as soon as HoT hits, and it’s my main wvw go-to right now with full ascended set.

Because you’re so full of yourself, I guess it’s pointless to talk to you anymore.

Saying Herald has energy management issue itself shows that you don’t know much about Revenant anyway. (Camping in a legend much I guess? Or try to upkeep all the facet without using it like a newbie?)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

dude, herald to use the skills active effects you don’t need to camp them in upkeep. That’s the difference. You can activate facet of darkness twice and you will have lost no upkeep, broken a stun, blinded enemies, and at a minimal actual cost. Same with facet of chaos, I generally never upkeep this one because its -10 regen but I can use the cc and damage at barely no cost. Same with every other skill. You don’t need to constantly upkeep might and fury during battle, just build it up before hand. And then facet of nature can just be spammed to give everyone boons. Literally you don’t have to spend hardly any energy and still use the skills.