Rawhide Leather Strap with Quaggan backpack?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Airala.8629

Airala.8629

When I bought my Quaggan backpack from the gem store last night, it told me to double-click on it to open it, which I did. That gave me two other items –
The first was an equippable Rawhide Leather Strap. It has no stats, it doesn’t show up on my character’s back, I have no idea what it is or what I’m supposed to do with it.
The second was an item that told me to double-click it to apply it to a backpack – so basically, a skin. If I attempted to preview that item, nothing would show up on my back in the preview pane. But that was ok – I double clicked that and applied it to a lvl 80 guild backpack and my level 80 Asuran is happily running around with her (somewhat small) Quaggan backpack flopping on her back – she’s happy.

But my understanding had been that we’d receive both a skin AND a no-level backpack, both Quaggan. Now I may have been mistaken – very possible – but what is this equippable rawhide leather strap that has no stats or appearance or anything?!

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

You can transmutate the Quaggan backpack skin on it to equip the Quaggan backpack in case you don’t have a backpack yet.

Backpack, backpack, backpack!

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

As I understood it, you’d receive a skin and an empty backpack to apply the skin to if you didn’t already have one. So, for an 80 with an exotic backpack already, all you need is the skin. If you’re level 9 and haven’t yet acquired a backpack, now you have one to slap the skin on.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Airala.8629

Airala.8629

Ok, gotcha – that makes a great deal of sense. Thanks for the replies!

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

And before this is closed I just want to say how smart of an idea this was, very smart, it shows they are thinking of all players that want the pack so well done to them for the foresight.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”