Re-Dye Hair Accessories

Re-Dye Hair Accessories

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: adragon.1234

adragon.1234

I can dye any piece of clothing without charge except for the hair accessories? How am I supposed to create a matching outfit if I can’t make my hair ties match my dress, the color of which changes almost daily depending on my mood.

I get that I can change their color with a makeover kit, but why is that needed for this piece of, what I would classify as, clothing alone? I just want my tiara to match my shield as I swap skins, is that too much to ask for?

“The only lasting peace is the peace within your own soul.” ~Ventari

Re-Dye Hair Accessories

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

is that too much to ask for?

Yes.

Re-Dye Hair Accessories

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

No, it’s not.

Another reason to avoid hairstyles with hair accessories, or only use neutral colours for them.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Re-Dye Hair Accessories

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Buy the permanent hair stylist? I wish that were available as a direct buy, I’ll never have the gold for it. But like Tigaseye said, avoid the hair styles that have the accessories unless you’re okay going with the antique gold on them since gold generally goes with everything as an accessory.

Unfortunately it does not go that great with blonde hair.

Re-Dye Hair Accessories

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

It’s one of those obvious things that everyone knew should be in the game since day one. No one knows other than Anet why it isn’t.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Re-Dye Hair Accessories

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

In the dye view there should be a box between outfit and head for the head accessory.

Just a single color, only available when the hair is shown.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Re-Dye Hair Accessories

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I had an idea a long time ago for a sort of ‘stop gap’ means of doing it without having to do something really big (at least, I don’t think).

If they could check when you use a hair style or make over kit, what was changed, and if the ‘only’ thing that was changed was the color of the hair accessory, then don’t burn the kit after the use.

My main happens to have a head band and it’s been blue, since launch. My armor was the same blue, I thought it was a good idea, figured I could change it later. Now I’ve gone through all sorts of armor colors (and holiday colors), but that headband is always and forever blue. Would love to be able to change that when I dye my clothes. If I could buy one hair style kit from the store and then use it to only change that hair accessory color without losing the kit, that would be pretty nice.