Re: I'm Bored Post...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrhodes.2956

mrhodes.2956

First of all… I am not trying to start any arguments or flame wars by this post….. remember that.

The Moderator that locked the topic “I’m Bored” seems to have abused his power to lock a thread. From what I read in that thread there was nothing wrong…. just people talking about thier opinions and giving suggestions that were reasonable to a fellow player.

What gives this moderator the right to lock the thread…. because someone said take a break and play another game ? or was it because they said the game got boring …

Does free speach exist here ?

This is just my thoughts.. I imagine this will be locked soon

Michael

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

The last 2 posters were flaming each other apparently but I guess a friendly warning to tone it down could of sufficed and not a whole lock up but yea lol.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

First of all… I am not trying to start any arguments or flame wars by this post….. remember that.

So you re-create a topic that was locked, that you never posted in, and then complain about free speech and how a moderator is abusing his power? And that’s not you trying to start an argument or flame war?

The topic went off the beaten path, it became non-constructive as posters began making snide remarks at each other instead of discussing. The topic wasn’t even constructive in the first place. Making a topic called “I’m bored” and then just complaining is not a constructive topic and serves no purpose.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

No, there is no free speech on these forums because it’s private property of ArenaNet. Makes sense imho. However, I do agree that the moderators give pretty biased infractions. In one thread, a person made a statement that the “complainers” make up a tiny minority of the game’s player base, and that there was no way to prove the opposite. I pointed out that his claim was just as impossible to prove. Soon afterwards, my post got deleted by a mod for “not contributing to the topic”, while that person’s wasn’t.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Mrhodes, the mod team is trying to keep the forums a tidy and respectful place for that will only benefit the community and the flow of communication. If he/she locked the thread it is because it did not comply with those two main ideas, one way or another.

That is why I will also proceed to lock this one. However, if you feel that any mod action is not reasonable or should be checked, please, feel free to write a report to forum@arena.net and the issue will be looked into.

Thanks for your concerns and your understanding.