Re Mike O'Brien Article on Gw2 1st Year

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zabriel.4852

zabriel.4852

I love Guild wars 2.

I really love this game. Its perfect in my opinion. The best thing about this game is the people that are updating it consistently. Polishing it so that it looks better. In this game the voice of the gamer is heard. Think about it, when is the last time you saw bots in orr? All the big problems of the game are addressed or being looked into. Culling in wvw was fixed and now culling in pve is fixed. Another thing that is amazing is the option that arena net gives players. The way you can customize your game in the options tab is ridiculous. The guild wars 2 experience is amazing. Hands down the best game I’ve ever played.

So its been one year. Gw2’s birthday. Congrats Gw2, Congrats arena net.

Ps. This thread is to show your appreciation for GW2 and for there amazing year. Keep it positive

Attachments:

Zabriel Dusk

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

/agree

…ArenaNet found a way (just like “life” did in “Jurassic Park”) to defeat the crushing forces of MMORPG’s and also the shear force that is WoW.

It is indeed amazing… even I have had doubts. Hopefully NCSOFT will figure out that their current MMORPG “Investment” Wildstar is a Failed Project and thus once again restore full funding levels to advance GW2 at a fast rate of speed and with the epic scale of content only matched by WoW. NCSOFT simply has too many MMORPG’s out there to mangage anyone of them to a scale that is Warcraft.

No matter: I look forward to spending some “quality time” with the ArenaNet staff in the Seattle event this weekend…

Indeed it is so…

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

No. They have given absolutely nothing to us elite pver’s. They didnt post on the dungeon forums for months until CJ finally posted something on the TA sub thread, smh………. As the game stands its almost mindless.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: Barbara.4365

Barbara.4365

I love this game too, and the creators did an amazing job on the living world and on everything else.

But they SURE like to brag.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

They’ve been making some nice improvements even if it has been slow definately.

But that pic had way too much gloating lol.

The game still has A LOT to fix til it definately becomes solid. The whole “there’s nothing wrong we did amazing on t he game” feeling I get from Anet constantly is just scary to me. Especially in pvp, they think nothing’s wrong when it’s the worst it’s ever been.

If they were just more humble and vocal I’d have more faith in them.

(edited by Knote.2904)

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

I love this game too, and the creators did an amazing job on the living world and on everything else.

They do it because they have to… in order to get funding from NCSOFT (who owns them) and to get respect from non-GW2 gamers (such as WoW land) and the Video Game Industry they have to engage aggressively. Blizzard does the same thing as well.

Don’t let it get to you too much… its just good business strategy.

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

There’s no denying their success and I think they’ve really hit their stride with 2 week updates.

They get a big thumbs up from me for giving me the most innovative, fun MMO experience I’ve ever had. Just looking at the sheer number of players everywhere, overflows on top of overflows and continual expansion of server and map capacity, I’m not the only one that’s thrilled to bits with this new direction

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

I’m generally just happy right now. I’m really sinking my teeth back into GW2. I’m excited about the changes, I’m happy with the current event, and I’m SO EXCITED FOR ADVENTURE BOX T COME BACK!!!

I’ve been really happy with Anet in general. Their quick, responsive, thorough, true to their word. I was a little off put by a few of the earlier events.. they seemed lack luster. But they’ve begun to pick up the pace! I look forward to another year of adventuring in Tyria!

Posted by: Barbara.4365

Barbara.4365

They do it because they have to… in order to get funding from NCSOFT (who owns them) and to get respect from non-GW2 gamers (such as WoW land) and the Video Game Industry they have to engage aggressively. Blizzard does the same thing as well.

Don’t let it get to you too much… its just good business strategy.

Well, I guess you’re right. And they kinda deserved it Maybe they do it a little more than other game companies, but everything else they do makes it up for this.

I just wish the “i hate gw2 it brings nothing new to mmo” trend was gone already… Sadly probably never will be :| Many people cares about others opinion and it takes a lot of potential players away I think.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Hard to believe it has been a year already. I’ve put in many hours and had tons of fun with GW2. The forums seem to be filled mostly with complaints, and some of those complaints are justified (such as bugs that existed on launch day that are still present.) But I think a lot of the negativity in the forums is basically human nature – we vocalize more when something goes wrong, and don’t often take the time to communicate when things are good. I’m guessing most of the folks who love this game are not posting on the forums and are spending their time in game.

Anyway, I’ll add my agreement with the OP and kudos to the dev team for a wonderful gaming experience. Here’s looking forward to another great year!

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i feel bad for the yaks but a few of the other numbers were pretty good 3.5 million

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

/agree

…ArenaNet found a way (just like “life” did in “Jurassic Park”) to defeat the crushing forces of MMORPG’s and also the shear force that is WoW.

It is indeed amazing… even I have had doubts. Hopefully NCSOFT will figure out that their current MMORPG “Investment” Wildstar is a Failed Project and thus once again restore full funding levels to advance GW2 at a fast rate of speed and with the epic scale of content only matched by WoW. NCSOFT simply has too many MMORPG’s out there to mangage anyone of them to a scale that is Warcraft.

No matter: I look forward to spending some “quality time” with the ArenaNet staff in the Seattle event this weekend…

Indeed it is so…

How is Wildstar a failed project since it hasn’t been released? Just curious.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Oh look, two threads that start with the same link to the newest advertisement.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.